• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
So what exactly is the Grand Prix? Is it just rewards for a specific time, or do you have to compete in specific modes?

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I hate this timed crap, its in so many games now. I haven't bought the game yet but tempted to because of this, only I'm going on holiday for 10 days and will inevitably miss loads. At that point I feel a bit like I may as well not get the game at all. I know the core game will be great but meh

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
anyone knows how to get those 'Grand Prix Rewards' ?
the Tiers i mean, not the Nitro Points from the challenges..

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
I just went back in time to 1999 and told college me about CTR: Nitro-fueled having online racing and a grand prix mode with free DLC. He instantly had a stroke and wasn't breathing when I was whooshed back to 2019. Should I be worried?

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
No way you're getting everything from the base game anytime soon lol. Even if you just count the unlockables, and not the in game store stuff, you still have a load to do.
I think at least I can manage to unlock the CTR original cast through the Adventure Mode and Penta through the cheat code.. N. Tropy and Fake Crash can wait a little longer. :p ..

I'm not willing to put much time online aside of getting the new characters and karts; so other cosmetic stuff I can pass ~

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I hate this timed crap, its in so many games now. I haven't bought the game yet but tempted to because of this, only I'm going on holiday for 10 days and will inevitably miss loads. At that point I feel a bit like I may as well not get the game at all. I know the core game will be great but meh
It's here for four weeks, and you can get most of the challenges done in a day. The timeframe isn't there to punish people who have other things to do, but to keep people who want to play every day engaged. The majority of today's gamers want to be kept engaged by a fresh, lively ecosystem.

Plus, all of the time-gated content will be available for unlocking with in-game currency later on, so it's not a big deal at all.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
It's here for four weeks, and you can get most of the challenges done in a day. The timeframe isn't there to punish people who have other things to do, but to keep people who want to play every day engaged. The majority of today's gamers want to be kept engaged by a fresh, lively ecosystem.

Plus, all of the time-gated content will be available for unlocking with in-game currency later on, so it's not a big deal at all.

Yeah I guess I'm being overly negative, it just feels like so many games with timed content that it gets a bit wearying and job like. I'll pick this up if I hear good things about how this content is unlocked

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I think at least I can manage to unlock the CTR original cast through the Adventure Mode and Penta through the cheat code.. N. Tropy and Fake Crash can wait a little longer. :p ..

I'm not willing to put much time online aside of getting the new characters and karts; so other cosmetic stuff I can pass ~

Ha, fair enough. to Be fair, Fake Crash isn't too hard to get, either.