• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
In the next few weeks we are excited to roll out a new perk for Era subscribers: the ability to change the Era logo and banner at the top left of your screen to literally any logo or banner we have ever used at any point on this site. So if you're a giant Elden Ring fan or want to show your LGBTQ+ pride or even want it to be Halloween all year, you'll be able to do that with just a few clicks! A proper announcement explaining how this all works will follow when the feature goes live.

vAKKh5Y.png
aYohdNB.png

Now, we recognize, while there are a lot of logos and banners to choose from, that they don't cover nearly everything you guys might want. That is why we will be holding a contest starting now, that will run for the next two weeks! Submit a banner/logo combo you create, just post it here in this thread as a reply for others to see, and after judging people's reactions, and evaluating them ourselves, we will pick the 5 or so best combinations and add them to the list people can pull from!

Below are the basic logo and site banner for you to mess with as you will. Just make sure the end result is a .png or .svg file and conforms to the proportions in the templates provided.

Good luck and have fun!

Information

Contest Rules and Regulations:
  • Any and all members are welcome to enter
  • In order to be chosen you must provide both a logo and a banner
  • All logos and banners must be safe for work and generally not violate the rules of the site
  • Both the logo and banner must conform to the size requirements set by the template or the examples given in this thread
  • Your files must be saved as a .png or .svg in order for you entry to be eligible
  • No more than TWO WEEKS from the posting of this thread will be allowed for entrants (if you're late and it's good enough we will consider bending the rule)
  • All winners will get their logos added to the choices and receive 3 months of Era Clear

Contest ends: Oct 14, 2023 at 1:06 PM

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
You should probably sticky the thread.

I don't have an artistic bone in my body, but I look forward to seeing people's submissions!

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Do we need to work within the parameters of maintaining the general shape of the existing logo? Most alternate logos I've seen here all kind of maintain it. Well, other than the Elden Ring one.

I guess what I'm asking is:
• Are we designing era a new logo, or are we just making more fun banners playing off of the existing logo?
• Any essential elements that must be included? ie: wordmark, existing geometric arrow outline logo, etc

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Do we need to work within the parameters of maintaining the general shape of the existing logo? Most alternate logos I've seen here all kind of maintain it. Well, other than the Elden Ring one.

I guess what I'm asking is:
• Are we designing era a new logo, or are we just making more fun banners playing off of the existing logo?
• Any essential elements that must be included? ie: wordmark, existing geometric arrow outline logo, etc
You can replace the logo with other stuff, like game/show logos or whatever, but whatever you do has to be for both the logo and the site's banner.

AvianAviator

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Jun 23, 2021
So our entries have to be posted in this thread?
Edit: Also, how many winners will there be?

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean all users or just those with Era Clear
Still discussing the specifics of how it will all work, especially in regards to that and holiday/important day changes we usually do.

So our entries have to be posted in this thread?
Edit: Also, how many winners will there be?
Depends on how many really good sets there are. We obviously won't go too big, like the hundreds or whatever, but it's not going to be like 1 or 2 either. Ideally we'll pick all the good ones to add and the absolute best bunch of those will get the final prize.

And yes, entries get posted here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure this doesn't adhere to the rules, so if it's not counted as a proper entry, I totally understand. Just had a fun concept for my favorite series, and wanted to execute it. Colors for the ResetEra text and its outline are based on the NES Metroid logo.

53227318271_6c2cf83c21_o.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure this doesn't adhere to the rules, so if it's not counted as a proper entry, I totally understand. Just had a fun concept for my favorite series and wanted to execute it. Colors for the ResetEra logo and its outline are based on the NES Metroid logo.

53223179869_16f5407d1e_o.png
No, this works. You just need a stand alone logo to go with it.

You need the logo and the banner.

Edit: Guys, so long as it fits into the format shown in the OP then you can go as totally crazy as you'd like. Gonna tell you right now, if this one gets a proper stand alone logo it's probably a very strong contender. Seriously, go nuts with this. Be as creative as you'd like.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
The arrow always gives me a FedEx vibe, so I went with their colours.

Superman (if no transparency isn't allowed, put me next to kryptonite)

Last edited:

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, you got beat on that one.

d9d92NE.png

W16TreA.png

I would maybe try a different character.

Like I said, there's a lot of options in there already.

Pretty sure this doesn't adhere to the rules, so if it's not counted as a proper entry, I totally understand. Just had a fun concept for my favorite series and wanted to execute it. Colors for the ResetEra logo and its outline are based on the NES Metroid logo.

These are amazing!!!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I had a laptop with some photoshop skills, as I had an idea, but I'll throw it out there:

Make the logo look like Pac-man, then make each of the vowels look like each one of the different colored ghosts.

Also props to the Venom & Metroid logos, those look great.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to do a PC themed one.

VrrSWUE.png
XNUcUtt.png

And an alternate colorway.

SxN3zKg.png
PjyPu63.png

9hAGWxT.png
f2VJw44.png

If I should only pick one, I suppose the top one is the most versatile. I like the blue and pink one a lot though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So, as an update here, we've put every single prior banner/logo into rotation for the duration of the contest. This way people can get some ideas as to what has been done prior and hopefully take some inspiration from some of the wilder ones.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
By subscribers do you mean only people that pay for Era Clear will have access to this option? And there's a lot of options with a red/yellow color scheme, what were those from?

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
By subscribers do you mean only people that pay for Era Clear will have access to this option? And there's a lot of options with a red/yellow color scheme, what were those from?
Those were from an E3 thing we had going before the whole conference imploded on itself.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Regardless of if this is for Era Clear subs only or everyone when it goes live, is there the potential to implement a checkbox option for something like:

[ ] Override Logo Choice during Pride/BHM/Other

It'd be great to have the option to still get the pro-diversity and representational logos appear automatically without turning off your logo of choice.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Will definitely have a go if I can think of something cool. Good contest B-Dubs and all involved!

This is really cool, nicely done mate.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Well, you can make some new ones to add if you'd like. That's what the whole thread is about after all. Right now there's about 5, I'm hoping for more.
The lowest grade I ever received in school was in an art class lol. My creativity with making images, logos, etc. is underneath the floor. For now, I'm just enjoying what everyone else is putting out.

Bengraven