Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Yuffie's VA was replaced? It's Brandilyn Cheah in Crisis Core now.

Edit: oh yeah she is younger. Nevermind

Altezein

User requested ban - Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Blog post with new info and screens.

20220812_cutscene_01%20(1)-ar3ce0u2y.jpeg

20220812_chara_Tseng-z16fv8ojf.jpeg

20220812_chara_Hollander-b71h57yl2.jpeg

20220812_cutscene_02%20(1)-h8jbu5b8d.jpeg
20220812_chara_Yuffie-1rqfp0bct.jpeg

Rahkeesh

Jun 20, 2022
I can't see them changing the ending in Crisis Core, at least for the main path. The original ending is what gives the Remake twist any impact at all, and being locked on the PSP physical for so long, it's not one enough people are familiar with.

I have NO idea if I'm getting this on PS5 or Switch. Both have merits. What say you, Era?

Steam Deck!

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Man this looks even better than the reveal trailer. I am so glad they're handling this one with so much respect. Absolutely cannot wait.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Can't wait to see that scene where Cloud falls down the steps.

I want to play but there's just so much stuff coming out. I'll probably wait a bit. Maybe I'll play it closer to the release of Rebirth.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping that indeed they don't change the ending, and that any alternate one to align with Remake is an unlockable.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Its obvious that whatever longterm Sony deals has with SE prevents the game to show on other consoles.

There was time exclusive for FF7 Remake however that has lapsed according to the date given on the advertisements.
However this could have been extended and not made public.

However even in a world where there was no exclusivity because the FF7 Remake was made for PS4 without Square Enix dedicating significant resources a port to the Switch was never going to happen.

The same staff who would be needed to port the game could be assigned to a new project which can potentially make more money than the money from people interested in the game but don't have PS4, PS5 or PC. Same reason why Kingdom Hearts games are the Cloud version, limited resources.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
There was time exclusive for FF7 Remake however that has lapsed according to the date given on the advertisements.
However this could have been extended and not made public.

However even in a world where there was no exclusivity because the FF7 Remake was made for PS4 without Square Enix dedicating significant resources a port to the Switch was never going to happen.

The same staff who would be needed to port the game could be assigned to a new project which can potentially make more money than the money from people interested in the game but don't have PS4, PS5 or PC. Same reason why Kingdom Hearts games are the Cloud version, limited resources.
I disagree, there is gonna be less incentive to port the games to other platforms if a platform holder extends exclusivity and locks down the sequel to the Remake.

Well anyhow lets move on from that talk, all i was saying that the Switch version of Crisis Core is looking good.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
The struggle will be to figure out why platform to play it on day one since I own all of them, haha. I wish NA got the Collector's Edition as a whole.

LD50

Banned
May 11, 2022
Combat looks so improved, it's (almost) like a different game.

Can wait to play through it for a 3rd time, so worth it.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Subarashii cover art!

Really amazing upgrade to the models, but in another way the flat styleof the PSP one was cool to me. But they also look like KHIII OrgXIII characters at times. It's clearly more detailed, but something generic about it.
Many of SE's PS2/PSP era of character models had certain charm to them for sure.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Subarashii cover art!

Really amazing upgrade to the models, but in another way the flat styleof the PSP one was cool to me. But they also look like KHIII OrgXIII characters at times. It's clearly more detailed, but something generic about it.

Are you saying the original looks more generic? Because that is what it looks like to me. The blurry, undetailed style of the faces while being anatomically fairly realistic, just doesn't hold up for me. The upgrade looks vastly superior on all accounts. Sure, it certainly isn't up there with FFVII Remake or FFVII Rebirth, but probably better than I expected.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the game looks, but I'm snapped out of my state of awe with the cringy dialog. Makes me remember that there's MORE of that in the actual game (PTSD from playing the original on the PSP back in the day)

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Are you saying the original looks more generic? Because that is what it looks like to me. The blurry, undetailed style of the faces while being anatomically fairly realistic, just doesn't hold up for me. The upgrade looks vastly superior on all accounts. Sure, it certainly isn't up there with FFVII Remake or FFVII Rebirth, but probably better than I expected.

Probably better than you expected ?

Do you know many psp games that got this kind of upgrades lol ?

OGM_Madness

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2019
I can't see them changing the ending in Crisis Core, at least for the main path. The original ending is what gives the Remake twist any impact at all, and being locked on the PSP physical for so long, it's not one enough people are familiar with.

Steam Deck!

That's what I'm hoping they do. A secret ending where it ties with Rebirth. Maybe Normal is just the original ending. Then there's a hard mode and if you get all the collectibles you get the secret new ending. I'm very excited for this release. I love FF7Remake and never played Crisis Core, the fact they are mixing the gameplay to feel and look familiar to Remake is great! Hopefully they do something similar with Dirge of Cerberus at some point, like fix the story and gameplay to be more in line with Remake and less cringe.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Excited to finally play the game for the first time.

Sad that Gackt isn't on the Japanese voice track anymore.