Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
HollowBlandCoral-size_restricted.gif

the player who eliminated them at the last Champions League joins them

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
One or the greats. Glad he's gone from la liga.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
at this point in his career, they waaaay overpaid. maybe they can make some back off merch and so forth

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Just gonna quote myself from the other thread:

WOW!

I mean, we've been expecting it, but damn. This is a proper market bomb! Not only does Juve gain a whole lot of potential (remains to be seen how well Juve adapts to his playstyle and vice-versa) to win the CL + internal competitions but the market as a whole will likely be shaken by this! RM will buy replacements and force other clubs to also buy new players.

Should be a fun month (even after the WC ends).

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
What's a max soccer players contract look like? With respect to basketball which is all I follow but 100m for this guy would be a lowball in basketball so I'm curious considering his status and how much cashroll he brings in

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What's a max soccer players contract look like? With respect to basketball which is all I follow but 100m for this guy would be a lowball in basketball so I'm curious considering his status and how much cashroll he brings in
The most spent on a player (not including wages) is £200m on Neymar.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
at this point in his career, they waaaay overpaid. maybe they can make some back off merch and so forth

..........I can't.

This is Ronaldo. They will get their investments back really early.

As for the football angle, he's gonna have a ball, goals by the gallon. Juventus is already established and the chemistry is there. He's smart enough to know how to best accommodate the squad's movement.

As for Madrid, this is Florentino's worst nightmare come to life. Lost his dream coach and dream player, jeopardized his rep, and is looking down the barrel of a season that spells disaster, especially domestically.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch Serie A at all but I've read that playing there can at least extend his career a bit due to the play style. Is this correct?

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
..........I can't.

This is Ronaldo. They will get their investments back really early.

As for the football angle, he's gonna have a ball, goals by the gallon. Juventus is already established and the chemistry is there. He's smart enough to know how to best accommodate the squad's movement.

As for Madrid, this is Florentino's worst nightmare come to life. Lost his dream coach and dream player, jeopardized his rep, and is looking down the barrel of a season that spells disaster, especially domestically.

From what has leaked over this past season, that bit is 100% on him. He apparently promised him a raise after the 2016 CL win, which he never actually gave him even after winning the 2017 CL (and the 3rd one in a row, a first for any club since the '70s).

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
kingsnake said:
Ronaldo has 5 CL trophies, 4 with Real.

I know that. The person I quoted was mentioning how Italy isn't a challenge, but it isn't as if Ronaldo was celebrated in Real for domestic achievements (besides goal scorer). It was Real's dominance in the CL since 2014. So the challenge isn't winning Serie A titles, but powering Juventus beyond that hump they can't seem to get over.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
He also evolved to GOAT status at Real. If Juventus get another 3 years at top level by him, I assume they'll be pleased. Then he'll meet Zlatan in LA.

Yeah, but the danger is at that age there's often a rapid drop off, so it's a bit of a gamble. If he can go at his current level for three years then you're right, it's a great deal.

I'd say I already thought he was incredible at manu btw.

Last edited:

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Shame my daughter will only remember seeing Ronaldo (live games that is) in a Juve kit. Can at least count on his time there to be super entertaining.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what this means for Dybala who I think plays in the second striker position. I don't think he will fit in if Ronaldo plays in his normal role because it would mean that the team has to be more offensive or play with an irregular formation.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If he's still in LA and playing at 41 years old... Amazing.
He's scored 11 goals in 14 games at 36 after an ACL injury. I can see it happening.

Yeah, but the danger is at that age there's often a rapid drop off, so it's a bit of a gamble. If he can go at his current level for three years then you're right, it's a great deal.

I'd say I already thought he was incredible at manu btw.
He was fantastic at Man U but not top 1-2 players in the world fantastic. His record at Real is what cemented that. I think there is a risk, but usually there will be some signs indicating a decline, when he just came off another great season. I do think it's a better deal for Real in the long term tho

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Woah didn't expect that to happen. RM will surely suffer a goal drop next season.

Wish United would try to sign him back but that 100m is probably too much for a 33 years old, and Italy is a good change from Prem and Laliga.

I reckon he'd probably be worth twice or thrice that if he's 3-4 years younger.