Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
What a bizarre post.

There's no debate to be had. Soda is basically the smoking of food/drink. It's demonstrably, objectively horrific for your health to consume it in the quantities that millions of people do and has zero nutritional benefit. It also being a beverage preference doesn't change that.
Okay, we all know soda isn't healthy. Why are so many of you being so aggressive about making this point over and over and over and over and over and over and over like it's some kind of crusade?

oldboss

Shinra Employee
Nov 9, 2017
Kobe died, so people were supposed to be "civil" in that thread and not bring it up, even though he never expressed any kind of real remorse over it (his "apology" only stated that he was sorry that she didn't view their "encounter" as being consensual).

Yeah. I don't really see why one should remain civil about a rapist having croaked.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, you don't.

You don't really like beer, no one does. You were just conditioned to believe you like it by the culture of toxic masculinity that is prevalent in our society.

I was a victim of that too until I realized all beer tastes like garbage and it makes you feel bloated and it's basically the crappiest drink ever. So I stopped drinking it, I see it as one small extra way of combatting toxic masculinity.

Plus, you can't really get drunk off beer, so it makes even less sense to drink it.
Yourarguing style is about 1,000 times worse than anyone who drinks beer. Fucking get over yourself.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Coke has been compared to cigarettes and household cleaners

Not as drastic as drinking Draino (your words ) or damaging on the short/long term as Cigs, but soft drinks are definitely poisonous to your body.

guardian.ng

Soft drinks are poison | The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News

Several reports have labeled soft drinks as extremely harmful to your health and a lot of people are already aware of the dangers.

And this link is the very first i got among hundreds when googling "Soft drinks poison"

And telling everyone water is healthier as if we're all fucking stupid come on.

There is a lack of "drinking water culture" , I personally know people very close to me that lacked this culture and was very hard for them to start drinking water as a habit and drop soft drinks (partially or totally) and it was not me doing this push, it was the doctor, badly . Nothing patronizing about it.

If someone states "smoking is bad", the statement should not be taken as a "Jezzz thanks asshole, Captain obvious" , redundant, but still true, don't know why i'ts taking as an offense.

Not to mention this thread is literally ha ha a dude pushed a bottle of coke aside, what a badass..

I believe this intention of the OP was the drop in the stock value of Coca-Cola by Ronaldo's actions, then it devolve in this one.

Like come on. It's pattently obvious that people in this thread think soft drinkers are in someways deficient, and or really stupid.

Maybe you don't but that is what is in the air here

Obvious to you perhaps, but you are perceiving this and acting on it as it is true fact, defensively engaging people who come here and state that soft drinks are bad, even sharing their own stories, and that's not cool.

And please, don't think i'm paramour of healthy habits, i'm not.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Is this an attempt at being funny…?

Coca Cola, but to be even more specific the sugar that is in it, is highly addictive and terrible for you - it is linked to all sorts of awful things like obesity and diabetes.

It is a joke yes because it's not actually literally or figuratively poison

Jun 14, 2019
I for one also do not enjoy the taste of the very few beers I have tried. Down with the patriarchy!

On the other hand, I love Coca-Cola. Up with the patriarchy!

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is about a known rapist declining to drink Coke on one occasion and the majority of the replies are 'yeah, fuck Coke, no one should drink that'

never thought i'd see someone use rape as a gotcha for the purpose of defending soft drinks but here we are

seriously, it's good to let people know who Ronaldo is and what he's done, but you keep conflating things in such a weird way - Ronaldo isn't representative of the anti-coke position, agreeing with some aspect of the video doesn't mean you think Ronaldo's a wonderful role model or whatever, and chances are a bunch of people on this board don't really know who he is in the first place

"oh, you agree with a rapist that coke is bad??" good god

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
never thought i'd see someone use rape as a gotcha for the purpose of defending soft drinks but here we are

seriously, it's good to let people know who Ronaldo is and what he's done, but you keep conflating things in such a weird way - Ronaldo isn't representative of the anti-coke position, agreeing with some aspect of the video doesn't mean you think Ronaldo's a wonderful role model or whatever, and chances are a bunch of people on this board don't really know who he is in the first place

"oh, you agree with a rapist that coke is bad??" good god
WHY DID THIS THREAD TURN INTO 'FUCK COKE, IT'S BAD FOR YOU'? THAT'S NOT WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT. IT WAS NEVER ABOUT COKE AND WHETHER OR NOT IT'S GOOD FOR YOU, IT WAS ABOUT THE STOCK CHANGE AND HAS NOW BEEN COMPLETELY DERAILED.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
WHY DID THIS THREAD TURN INTO 'FUCK COKE, IT'S BAD FOR YOU'? THAT'S NOT WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT. IT WAS NEVER ABOUT COKE AND WHETHER OR NOT IT'S GOOD FOR YOU, IT WAS ABOUT THE STOCK CHANGE AND HAS NOW BEEN COMPLETELY DERAILED.

mFGlVcWnZlB47bjF1P8ulg18FnlXJzXRsj6DPBbCAFidiXElGMbYDV220ms25IpbeCJNsFeN

Pure cringe your posts here have been mate.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Oct 25, 2017
No, you don't.

You don't really like beer, no one does. You were just conditioned to believe you like it by the culture of toxic masculinity that is prevalent in our society.

I was a victim of that too until I realized all beer tastes like garbage and it makes you feel bloated and it's basically the crappiest drink ever. So I stopped drinking it, I see it as one small extra way of combatting toxic masculinity.

Plus, you can't really get drunk off beer, so it makes even less sense to drink it.

Maybe you're doing it wrong.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
No, you don't.

Can't tell if you are being funny or not. It's ok to not like it, I like it and can tell you alcohol is bad for you, won't fight you on how it's bad for your health.

I still like it, I don't drink it to get drunk, I still get drunk on it without trying. Don't tell other people how they should feel.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
Remember that time Billy Jean King was being interviewed post game and someone had put an entire SR71 Blackbird in front her but she said fuck that and replaced it with a copy of Chicken Soul For the Soul Autographed by the Dalai Lama?

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Defector had a good piece on this:

defector.com

Dan McQuade's New Balance Gesture Followed By $4.1 Billion Drop In Company's Market Value | Defector

Did you see, Cristiano Ronaldo moved the sponsorially mandated bottles of Coke off the table at his press conference yesterday, and urged viewers to “drink water”? He did. And did you realize, that little gesture, which maybe you saw and chuckled over for a second, cost The Coca-Cola Company...

Did you see, Cristiano Ronaldo moved the sponsorially mandated bottles of Coke off the table at his press conference yesterday, and urged viewers to "drink water"? He did. And did you realize, that little gesture, which maybe you saw and chuckled over for a second, cost The Coca-Cola Company $4,000,000,000? It's true, I know because I read it in The Athletic.

Now wait, you might be saying, that's ludicrous. Like, that's obviously not true. Even taking half a second to think about would tell you it's absurd. That's something not even Darren Rovell would claim. But The Athletic (it's not clear exactly who, since the article was unbylined) did the math and it's unimpeachable:

Coca Cola's shares were worth $56.1 each when the market opened in Europe on Monday.

But by the end of the press conference, they had fallen to $55.2 each.

That is a 1.6 per cent drop in share price, which means a $4 billion loss in market value.

That said, Coca Cola is still worth $238.35 billion overall and the value has since risen back to $55.29 a share.

Checks out. I see no flaws here. The only reason a multinational conglomerate's stock price could go up or down is because of quasi-viral videos.

Astarte

Oct 25, 2017
No, you don't.

Is this a copypaste