ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Went to visit friends over the weekend and found out they wanted to get some money from the bank to buy bitcoins.

what the helll. not that I am really surprised, they bought a car a few months ago to start ubering...

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Well, at least they didn't get that idea in January ...
Well, they didnt get into details but it seems that it was somewhere between dec-jan. Either way, a stupid idea.

IveI veenout of the market for over a month, havent had time or interest in following things. How are you guys doing? I am thinking about getting my money out of it, but ofc I feel like we will see another boom at some point and I want o be in again.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Since people in crypto love dem partnerships:

VeChain: Partnership with supply chain risk management platform Logsafer
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/843kwy/vechain_partnership_with_supply_chain_risk/

On March 13, 2018, LogSafer, the leading supply chain risk management platform in China, reached a partnership with VeChain, the forerunner of the blockchain industry, and they worked together to integrate Big Data, Internet of Things, and Blocks. The combination of chain technology will apply blockchain technology to supply chain risk management and provide comprehensive risk management services for more small and medium-sized shipping, logistics and trading companies.

Oct 25, 2017
Went to visit friends over the weekend and found out they wanted to get some money from the bank to buy bitcoins.

what the helll. not that I am really surprised, they bought a car a few months ago to start ubering...

There was an ad on the radio on my way into work this morning advertising home equity loans with one of the benefits listed as "you can use the money to buy into Bitcoin!"

As a lurker of this thread for some time, I know most of the posters here are quite savvy-- but for anyone reading this thinking any kind of loan like this would be a good idea-- don't.

Most responsible lenders (and depending on the loan type, all licensed lenders) will ask the purpose of the loan and will decline loans used to buy securities and it's safe to assume crypto will be folded into that umbrella for underwriting purposes. In more extreme cases, the lender could actually call the loan. I actually witnessed this happen more than a couple times between like '06 and '09.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Not want to bad-mouth ADC but it always dives pretty hard after gains. If the whole market goes down, it also likes to dive past the rest.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Meanwhile "patent stacked" coin of the people XBY has a meme competition. To the moon <_< ..... >_>

Oct 26, 2017
Get out all all shilled shit coins from three months ago.
My ADC is up for sale. I would love to finally be able to so something with my COLX. I stopped looking...I assume Coinsmarkets is still a dumpster fire.

Got out of ADC at .007 for a nice profit. I'm seeing XRP being shilled a lot for investing in once again. I don't know if I want back in that coin though...

Last edited:

Spawnsniper

Oct 28, 2017
I mean xrp is def going to go back to its 1.xx so it's a good time to buy
My ADC is up for sale. I would love to finally be able to so something with my COLX. I stopped looking...I assume Coinsmarkets is still a dumpster fire.

Got out of ADC at .007 for a nice profit. I'm seeing XRP being shilled a lot for investing in once again. I don't know if I want back in that coin though...

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
So if I got into crypto mid-2017 and haven't cashed out yet do I seriously need to calculate my gains/losses on every transaction from one coin to another for my taxes? Are people actually doing this?

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
So if I got into crypto mid-2017 and haven't cashed out yet do I seriously need to calculate my gains/losses on every transaction from one coin to another for my taxes? Are people actually doing this?
If your country taxes short-term crypto transactions as speculation, then yes? I mean there's at least one website that will take your transaction history exports from various exchanges and calculate that FOR you but you'll have to believe their results.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

It was pretty awful, but yeah.

I did a lot of shitty off-the-cuff accounting. If I ever get audited I'll probably gain or lose $100, but it's negligible.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
So I sat down and hammered through the taxes and I gotta say that the market being at a high at the end of 2017 and at a low now really blows. I've gotta pay all these taxes on gains that went up in smoke. Geez louise

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Prices seem a bit more squirrelly than usual. Gonna keep mining and hodling cause these charts look like a damn EKG.

dmann

Oct 27, 2017
It was pretty awful, but yeah.

I did a lot of shitty off-the-cuff accounting. If I ever get audited I'll probably gain or lose $100, but it's negligible.

What are you using to track your transactions? I am currently using a spreadsheet I made and exported transactions from the exchanges and it has been pretty tedious. Just curious if you've found a more streamlined way to keep track?

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I sat down and hammered through the taxes and I gotta say that the market being at a high at the end of 2017 and at a low now really blows. I've gotta pay all these taxes on gains that went up in smoke. Geez louise

At least in the USA you don't pay capital gains until you cash out. If you were just holding at the end of 2017 you shouldn't actually have taxes on them right?

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have much to add over my last posts in this thread. BTC continues to show weakness, and new buyers do not appear to exist. As BTC goes, so goes the entire crypto market. I continue to be out in fiat as there is too much risk for me right now to be holding anything. Good luck and trade/hold at your own risk.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
What are you using to track your transactions? I am currently using a spreadsheet I made and exported transactions from the exchanges and it has been pretty tedious. Just curious if you've found a more streamlined way to keep track?

I'm in Canada, and I use https://www.adjustedcostbase.ca/

I also used tax software, so all I really had to do was enter my capital gains for each currency. No filling out a million forms.

I also used spreadsheets to keep track of exchange transactions as I went. And I double checked with spreadsheets exported from exchanges.

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question, what's the point of buying ETH when it just mirrors BTC (or does worse)?

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Ethereum, Ripple and Bitcoin used to roughly mirror each other? Like when BTC was at $10k, ETH was at $1k and Ripple was at $1 but bitcoin has bounced back up way higher than them since the crash. Now it's $8.3k, $627 and $0.72

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Ethereum, Ripple and Bitcoin used to roughly mirror each other? Like when BTC was at $10k, ETH was at $1k and Ripple was at $1 but bitcoin has bounced back up way higher than them since the crash. Now it's $8.3k, $627 and $0.72

Ripples price never made a lick of sense and wasn't really tied to BTC at all. Eth seems to bounce between 7.5% - 10% of BTC pretty consistently since BTC dropped down from its insane high in December.

Last edited:

ZPMD

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question, what's the point of buying ETH when it just mirrors BTC (or does worse)?

Because you can trade the ETH/BTC ratio to make more BTC or ETH. ETH/BTC rose 500% from December 7 to February 1 while people were crying about BTC price dropping.

5aa96643d4fa3dbso1.png

vehn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty happy I got majority of funds in ven which is holding super well. Gotta keep that node

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have much to add over my last posts in this thread. BTC continues to show weakness, and new buyers do not appear to exist. As BTC goes, so goes the entire crypto market. I continue to be out in fiat as there is too much risk for me right now to be holding anything. Good luck and trade/hold at your own risk.

ETH fell from $659 to $602 GDAX (at present) since this post. BTC from $8.7k to $8055. Could be more to come. We'll see.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just a heads up, I and other people have had failed logins on our cryptopia accounts. If you use that site, that could mean your email is known. Make sure you have 2FA and extremely strong passwords (or a password manager that generates random passwords) for all your crypto exchanges and accounts.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Just a heads up, I and other people have had failed logins on our cryptopia accounts. If you use that site, that could mean your email is known. Make sure you have 2FA and extremely strong passwords (or a password manager that generates random passwords) for all your crypto exchanges and accounts.
This also happened like 5 month ago with a lot of accounts on Cryptopia. They also never answered my ticket/question about it.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Got down to 7.7k on Binance so far. A little recovery now but I am expecting it to go down again soon.

Interesting to watch.