• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at my entire portfolio since I bought

On the positive: I'm up 31% on REQ, 42% on ETH, 3% on VEN, 110% on BNB.

On the negative: Rest of my portfolio (Colx, BTC, FLASH, ADC, IOTA, XBY, Ripple) is in the red by on average 40%

Win some you lose some I guess

nonuser

Oct 27, 2017
Bought litecoin at 279. It's now 192 and free falling. Good to see my first entry into the game is right when the bubble burst

Yup! Came into the CC game mid December (all the coins from then are still green for all time) but my recent investments are all below their injection value. It's not a big deal, since I was prepared to lose it (doesn't meant it doesn't suck though). Hopefully the market will be okay in the long run. On the bright side, 1 REQ is still 1 REQ no matter what it's value is, lol.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Bought litecoin at 279. It's now 192 and free falling. Good to see my first entry into the game is right when the bubble burst
You're not alone. I put a $100 into what turned out to be the ATH for Etherium (~1765). Sold off a little bit this morning (at $1420) because it looks like its going to keep on going down and I want to try and swing the bottom out to make a little profit. Will it work... probably not. But its a nice prospect to think of to keep my mind off everything else just collapsing.

Also on the bright side, the limits on depositing FIAT into Crypto actually saved me here, otherwise I probably would have gone all in a couple days ago... and now I get to take advantage of the discounts

Robin Hood

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I got in at the wrong time. Purchased some BTC, ETH, and LTC last week. I just got into Binance and was thinking about getting some NEO, but I might wait a bit longer.

Oversoul

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Allright I think i'm done speculating for now. Time to HODL for the future.

Time to get my coins of the exchanges. What are good wallets?

Here is my portfolio:

• BTC 25%
  • ETH 25%
  • VEN 20%
  • Audiocoin 20%
  • ENJ 10%

I heard ENJ wallet is good? It takes care of the ENJ, BTC and ETH if I understand correctly?

Audiocoin has it's own wallet so that's easy.

Now...where do I store my VEN securely?

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
If things go down much further the market will be down something like 50% since the high mark of $1 trillion that was hit during the highest peaks not that long ago.

I'm still something like 50% up off VEN, with it containing something like 80%+ of my funds.

Curious to see what the blasted landscape looks like after it's safe to venture out of this bunker.

johnny5

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User has been permanently banned: trying to promote a "Pump And Dump" Discord server despite this being against the rules.
I am not endorsing it, but if anyone wants to join a discord chat that aims to be ahead of the trading or just see what a pump group looks like, message me.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Allright I think i'm done speculating for now. Time to HODL for the future.

Time to get my coins of the exchanges. What are good wallets?

Here is my portfolio:

• BTC 25%
  • ETH 25%
  • VEN 20%
  • Audiocoin 20%
  • ENJ 10%

I heard ENJ wallet is good? It takes care of the ENJ, BTC and ETH if I understand correctly?

Audiocoin has it's own wallet so that's easy.

Now...where do I store my VEN securely?

Right now VEN's only storage option is an ether wallet like My Ether Wallet (MEW).

Briefly before the apocalypse, VEN's re-branding completion was to also release a wallet for it that would allow you to profit via token generation, but that was delayed till mid-February, unfortunately.

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
So I was just rereading Drifters' earlier post regarding ADC:

And did some exploration on the site using it:

https://www.aurovine.com/audiocoins

I honestly can't see the value of the coin increasing past a few cents, given the actual applications of it as listed and the amounts that are given out for sharing, posting etc. Can somebody explain to me the potential that I'm just not seeing or otherwise explain why the price could potentially go higher, other than a feeling or a hunch or "inside info"?

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
So I was just rereading Drifters' earlier post regarding ADC:

And did some exploration on the site using it:

https://www.aurovine.com/audiocoins

I honestly can't see the value of the coin increasing past a few cents, given the actual applications of it as listed and the amounts that are given out for sharing, posting etc. Can somebody explain to me the potential that I'm just not seeing or otherwise explain why the price could potentially go higher, other than a feeling or a hunch or "inside info"?

A cent is $0.1, right? So a few cents is at least 10x the current price? Not enough potential?

Oversoul

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Right now VEN's only storage option is an ether wallet like My Ether Wallet (MEW).

Briefly before the apocalypse, VEN's re-branding completion was to also release a wallet for it that would allow you to profit via token generation, but that was delayed till mid-February, unfortunately.

I see, thank you :)

Think I will leave VEN on Binance for now.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason for this? legit asking, i wanna dip my toes in crypto and LTC seemed like a good option.

Granted, these are my thoughts after only investing since early Dec and reading the markets before that, but:

- LTC isn't a significant departure from BTC to overtake BTC in the future, especially if BTC is improved soon
- LTC's activity over the past month has been lackluster compared to the other big two. ETH was just making a great break, and BTC showed signs of bubbling
- LTC's real value at the moment is in converting fiat into smaller coins for way less fees than BTC

Would love if others pitched in on my thoughts :)

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Granted, these are my thoughts after only investing since early Dec and reading the markets before that, but:

- LTC isn't a significant departure from BTC to overtake BTC in the future, especially if BTC is improved soon
- LTC's activity over the past month has been lackluster compared to the other big two. ETH was just making a great break, and BTC showed signs of bubbling
- LTC's real value at the moment is in converting fiat into smaller coins for way less fees than BTC

I think that last point is the big one. Once there are other/better options for converting between coins, then LTC will probably lose a lot of its value.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I've said all along that I don't see the point of LTC. What is its end game? They say it's the silver to BTC's gold (hate that comment), but what does that even mean? Silver has value independently of gold, but what is LTC's value? Other projects make for better currency if that's the goal (cheaper, faster, etc).

And its founder's sale of all his LTC is the final red flag for me.

Oversoul

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
I've said all along that I don't see the point of LTC. What is its end game? They say it's the silver to BTC's gold (hate that comment), but what does that even mean? Silver has value independently of gold, but what is LTC's value? Other projects make for better currency if that's the goal (cheaper, faster, etc).

The Justin Sun before Justin Sun.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Okay, I'm now back in school with my 1070 rig and looking to do some mining (don't need to pay for electricity in my apartment). What do I need to do to get started and which currencies should I pick?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think that last point is the big one. Once there are other/better options for converting between coins, then LTC will probably lose a lot of its value.

Great points! And damn, didn't even know about the creator's sell off D:

I don't believe there's any money invested purposefully into LTC that isn't better spent on ETH and BTC. I favor ETH most out of the three because the smart contact construct is much more interesting for real world application.

What are some recommended coins to buy into? Have a $1000 to burn.

Depends on your risk appetite and desire to wait :) I may not respond for a while, but it'd help if you share your goals, I guess (day trades, long holds, willingness to invest in tiny coins)

Vaco6121

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Near Rochester, MN
Great points! And damn, didn't even know about the creator's sell off D:

Depends on your risk appetite and desire to wait :) I may not respond for a while, but it'd help if you share your goals, I guess (day trades, long holds, willingness to invest in tiny coins)

Looking for more day trade types as this money I can afford to lose, so risk is not a problem, I work at a call center and I all do is watch the markets on an hourly basis anyway, I guess looking for a coin that will rebound decently from this current sell off to start with. I do have about 3.6 Litecoins, a lot of PACCOINS to just ride out how that forks goes with that, and 1111 TRX that I'm holding since that seems like it has a good long term plan.

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
The Great Correction(TM). Been waiting for this one for a while. $300bln wiped off total market cap in a couple days. A true test of who actually hodls instead of shouting it like a 4 year old and who's going to buy a lambo EOY.

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017

LTC for me has two things going for it.
1. It's faster and cheaper than BTC
2. You can trade it directly for other alts

Other coins already exist that are faster and cheaper so if they can get adoption I feel like LTC will drop. Or you know Lightning network happens that could also hurt LTC

Yeah I don't see a big future for it

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agh this group I'm in is just all about these shit coins like Tron and shady ass sites. Not going to say a word.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL nope it's even worse...Facebook. Sizeable group of about 500 people. It's like a mainstream coin for people that do zero research and just want to buy something they think is cool. It could shoot back up just based on people like that buying it, who knows. I'm not going near it. If that's the future then crypto is doomed.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well we can say what we want about some of the coins shilled here but to be fair they're (afaik) still all way up from when they were first mentioned.

Nah your right, the stuff shilled here tends to be a solid investment, the exchange on the other hand.... lets just say I'm really hoping coinsmarkets comes back up, I went early and hard on COLX.

Creamie

Avenger
Nov 14, 2017
LOL nope it's even worse...Facebook. Sizeable group of about 500 people. It's like a mainstream coin for people that do zero research and just want to buy something they think is cool. It could shoot back up just based on people like that buying it, who knows. I'm not going near it. If that's the future then crypto is doomed.

Yeah you have to be careful with that crap. Apparently there is a secret group the dumps their crap on all the pump/dump groups. If you are buying because of an easy to get into pump/dump group you are going to get dumped on.

Play it safe, research into what coins are good, try to get in early on it, and hold out until you are comfortable taking your initial investment out. Then hold the rest. If the project is good (eth, LTC, ANS/NEO, XRB) or is a long shot but seems promising (XBY) you have nothing to worry about, just hold until you are ready to take out. If a coin doesn't have a use factor in it that I can understand I don't invest in it.

If you are in a heavy bull market, you can make money on anything. When thing start to fall south is where the good coins get separated, and just hope that you took your initial investment out on some of the more riskier alternatives.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you have to be careful with that crap. Apparently there is a secret group the dumps their crap on all the pump/dump groups. If you are buying because of an easy to get into pump/dump group you are going to get dumped on.

Play it safe, research into what coins are good, try to get in early on it, and hold out until you are comfortable taking your initial investment out. Then hold the rest. If the project is good (eth, LTC, ANS/NEO, XRB) or is a long shot but seems promising (XBY) you have nothing to worry about, just hold until you are ready to take out. If a coin doesn't have a use factor in it that I can understand I don't invest in it.

If you are in a heavy bull market, you can make money on anything. When thing start to fall south is where the good coins get separated, and just hope that you took your initial investment out on some of the more riskier alternatives.
To be fair here on ERA we have XBY which is also a risky bet imo (for different reasons than TRX). You just have to DYOR as they say.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this thread.

(I'm being self-deprecating here, I totally used CoinsMarkets against my better judgment)
Yeah I'm not talking about coinsmarkets but yeah I have like $30 stuck over there too. All the exchanges suck. I'm talking more about ponzi scheme type sites and stuff like that. People getting into shit they know nothing about and are going to get burned. But hey maybe that's 99% of all of crypto who knows.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The marketcap completely retraced all the progress made since November.

...hmmm