EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
YES. The 3D mode in Crysis is super good despite being just sort of tacked on. Hopefully it still works (should, it used Side-by-Side instead of "true" 3D if I remember correctly, which helps remove detection issues like BO2 has).

There were some dashboard specific features that were put in for those modes, I wonder if they are still present on the BC one?

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh these games are begging for X support

The total lack of X enchanted BC games lately is really disappointing.

Jan 2, 2018
Nice!! I always wanted to try the X360 version of Crysis 1 and see how it compares to the PC version. From what little I understand,there are certain things it does better.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Thanks for the opinions, gang!

might have to try the first game to see what I think!

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm REALLY hoping that the lack of enhanced news means they are going to switch something on globally (X018 announcement maybe?)

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Was just thinking about this. I'd like a remaster but I'll take this.

1 and 2 are still some of my favorite fps's from the last generation.

Oct 27, 2017
I played Crysis 1 on PC first when it came out, then again on PS3. There was one improvement on PS3 in that the VTOL level was removed. The console version is pretty much the same game, and surprisingly playable, I enjoyed it.

2 and 3 I enjoyed on PC. 3 was ahead of this current generation by several months, and still holds up very well on PC. It also gets a little emotional at times, which was surprising to me. One of the dudes from Raiders of the Lost Ark who got their heads messed up at the end is in 3.

Enjoy!

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
Yeah, lots of confidence that there is some cool stuff to come!
Wow, what a list. Nier, FFXIII, Resident Evil Code Veronica, The Last Remnant among others...the wait is killing me but , atleast, there is a chance they are coming.

I got Crysis 1 on 360 and curious to see on Xbox One, the game was pretty impresive on 360 when I played

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I only ever played Crysis 3, but I thought it was an awesome shooter, and the graphics are insane. It would be fun to revisit those games.

I think the MS acquisition speculation has been out of control but there's a chain of events here. Crytek has had significant financial woes the last few years. They have history with Microsoft as they partnered for Ryse. Hunt: Showdown was just announced for Xbox One at Gamescom. And now the Crysis series becomes backward compatible.

This is an acquisition that I think could actually happen. I hate to speculate but there is a definite trail of crumbs here.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
This is great and I heard console Crysis 1 was a surprisingly good port and in fact one of the most technically impressive games on last gen.

BUT, what all three of these games really deserve are remasters. Crysis 1 in particular needs to be ported to later versions of CryEngine on PC. I imagine all three on the Pro and X could finally reach the original PC graphics.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Great news!
Crysis 1 looked and ran surprisingly well on Xbox 360.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Crysis 1 was amazing and unlike most I also really enjoyed Crysis 2 ,

I mean this trailer at the time was amazing

Crysis 3 however I thought was just boring

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It ran like garbage on 360 though, in the teens a lot of the time.

It ran EVEN worse on PS3, it doesn't actually look that bad in the scheme of 360 games.
It's not like Far Cry 3 that spent the entire game at 15fps

Last edited:

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome!

Xbox 360 Crysis is one of the very few titles I've legit 1000/1000

Absolutely adore the original and def one of my all time favorites

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
An enhanced Crysis 3 would be super interesting to see. Not sure how easy it would be but that game still looks great.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It ran like garbage on 360 though, in the teens a lot of the time.
Well alot of games did and BC made it better. So it is possible. :)

1zuoV6U.png

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Fuck yes, the first console versions of Crysis that will perform well. Now give these boys some X enhancements...

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Such good news for Xbox players. I loved 2 on PS3, replaying it on PC at max is an experience. I hope it gets the X Enhanced treatment, they deserve it