• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
the recent DF coverage had the dev team repeatedly implying that Switch would get separate physical releases for 2 and 3 beyond the announced release of Crysis 1 physical and this finally confirms it officially. Physical Trilogy set for PS/Xbox, separated physical releases on Switch. Digital of course available as bundle and separately on all platforms.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy, a great value all-in-one bundle featuring the remasters of the iconic single-player campaigns from Crysis, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3, will launch on October 15th. Fans of the franchise will also be able to purchase Crysis 2 Remastered and Crysis 3 Remastered individually on the same date.

Nintendo Switch will get a separated retail release for Crysis 1, 2 and 3 Remastered, with players being able to get their hands on an exclusive bonus art card. Additionally, twenty art cards randomly inserted into day one orders for each format will be numbered and autographed by members of the development team.

The Crysis Remastered Trilogy is optimized and enhanced towards next-generation consoles meaning the Crysis games play smoother and better than ever before. The original games played at an average of 720p resolution and up to 30 FPS. On Xbox Series X & PlayStation 5 the Crysis remasters play between 1080p and 4K at 60 FPS, achieved with Dynamic Resolution for excellent performance on today's hardware. In addition to substantial performance gains, Crysis Remastered Trilogy features improved lighting and visually enhanced characters, weapons, and environments, plus high-definition textures for crystal clear images.

via:
nintendoeverything.com

Crysis Remastered Trilogy launches for Switch in October

Crytek has set a release date for Crysis Remastered Trilogy, which will feature Crysis 1, 2, and 3. They will be sold together and separately.
more:

The Crysis Remastered Trilogy is optimized and enhanced towards next-generation consoles meaning the Crysis games play smoother and better than ever before. The original games played at an average of 720p resolution and up to 30 FPS. On Xbox Series X & PlayStation 5 the Crysis remasters play between 1080p and 4K at 60 FPS, achieved with Dynamic Resolution for excellent performance on today's hardware. For PC there will be Ray Tracing featured as well as players being able to lock in their frame rate or play on the max settings… if their PC can run it of course…
Features of Crysis Remastered Trilogy include:
  • Up to 4K on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 at 60FPS
  • On PC you can lock in your frame rate or just go for it and play on max settings
  • Improved lighting meaning your games shadows and reflections look better than ever
  • Substantial performance gains
  • Visually enhanced weapons, characters and environments immersing you completely in the Crysis universe
  • High-definition textures giving you crystal clear images
See the difference yourself between Xbox 360 vs Xbox Series X and PS3 vs PS5 in our comparison trailers on the Crysis YouTube channel, with a PC version coming very soon!

The nitty gritty on the individual games below:
Crysis Remastered Trilogy will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC and also plays well on Xbox Series X|S and PS5. It will be a digital release via the Epic Games Store the PlayStation Store, Nintendo eShop and the Microsoft Store, players can get 3 games for the price of 2 with the Trilogy being priced at USD 49.99 / EUR 49.99.

Crysis 2 Remastered and Crysis 3 Remastered, featuring the single-player campaigns from the original games released in 2011 and 2013 respectively, will launch on the Epic Games Store, the PlayStation Store, the Microsoft Store, and the Nintendo Switch eShop on October 15[SUP]th[/SUP] for USD 29.99 / EUR 29.99 each. With retail Nintendo Switch versions coming later.

Last edited:

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
i wish there were discounts available for owners of the first game

$30 each for Crysis 2/3 or $50 for all three

Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant. I really liked 2 back in the day and somehow was oblivious to how badly it ran on console at the time 😂 maybe that was a good thing...I'll definitely check these out though

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'm seriously ready for these. Just picking up 2 and 3 on PS5. Hoping there are any updates to 1, it really needs it.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Awesome! I've always wanted to play this trilogy and it's releasing just a couple of weeks before Target's usual Buy 2 Get 1 sale for the Holiday season. As long as it qualifies, this will be one of the games I try to pick up.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Okay but where is warhead ? Gimme warhead.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Was there any multiplayer for these games, either the originals or the rest of the remastered trilogy?

I just want a decent online FPS on Switch

ColR100

Jan 13, 2018
The release of Crysis Remastered hit sale prices pretty quickly on all platforms, with that it probably makes sense to wait it out for 2-3 months for a much reduced sale price.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
To clarify Crysis 1 is the same remaster that ran shitty on current gen and PC as was running single core only? Or have they redone it to run proper like C2 & C3?

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying this mostly for Crysis 2, but being able to play Crysis 3 without the poor image quality and framerate sounds enticing.

Wishful thinking, but it'd be cool if they added Warhead at a later date like 343 did with ODST and Reach for The Master Chief Collection.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed all of them back in the day but I think I'm good now. Might give the first one a go someday.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So people who already bought the first games remaster gets screwed on pricing. Thanks. I'll wait for a sale.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
While I would appreciate the slightly better lighting in Crysis 2, seeing the price and it being again tied to the Epic store, I won't be getting it... I got the first remaster for $8 on an Epic sale and it is by far one of the worst ports I've ever played in my life, with a 3070 and a 3800X I'm having trouble running it without any hitches. Thank God I started my Crysis 2 replay two days ago on PC, still holds up but yeah some of the QOL features would've been nice, but not $50 nice.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Are these up for pre-order? Excited that these are dropping sooner rather than later. Right in time for when I'll be off work.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Getting this free with the CPU on new PC I just ordered for my wife, EGS sucks but will be a decent test atleast I am sure.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
To clarify Crysis 1 is the same remaster that ran shitty on current gen and PC as was running single core only? Or have they redone it to run proper like C2 & C3?

I played Crysis 1 remaster from start to end at locked 60 fps without hitches (Custom config + checkpoints disabled) and better graphics than original.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
So only Crysis 1 Remastered is coming to Steam? Welp, none of my money is going to Crytek until the Trilogy is released on Steam.

They honestly still have a ton of work to do on Crysis 1 though. Though it's overall performance and compatibility has been improved, but the game is all around worse as a whole than its 2007 original release, which is still mind boggling. Less NPCs, missing physics simulation, worse lighting due to lack of art overhaul (so the game uses more advanced lighting in general, but the art wasn't really designed to make it shine), missing visual effects, more bugs, missing gameplay features, mod support, etc.

Last edited:

Piggsy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How bad are the current Xbox One versions? Are they improved in any way on the Series S?

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
The PC port of the first game was a mixed bag, so I'm not expecting the second and third Crysis to be worth it for owners of the originals.

Shaz12567

Jun 7, 2021
Does Crysis 2 and 3 have DLSS support? I am surprised Diigtal Foundry didn't ask them this?

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The irony that Crysis is getting released on the EGS of all things is still way too much for me to handle.