• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Desperately needs an FOV slider.

The AI, controls, and performance (while ADS'ing sights in particular) were honestly horrid on PC.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Crysis 2 was one of the most disappointed I was with a game. That game needs a remake not a remaster.
Crysis 3 is fine though.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Played it on x360 back then and thought SP was great but people were trashing it left and right.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly after Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition these Crytek RayTracing implementations do nothing for me. They should have gone with Metro EE route and made entire game RayTracing only.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
What ended up happening to CryTek?

A few years ago Eurogamer and others ran all these stories about how they were missing paychecks, sometimes for months at a time. That they had a business model based on founding studios for tax cuts. Expanding at a rapid rate, and having to sell off studios. There was some talk about how one of the brothers was a terrible manager. Projects getting cancelled. They were apparently getting sued by the guys behind Star Citizen. I remember they licensed off a build of CryEngine to Amazon. There was talk of them being investigated by the German government... then nothing.
I know they put out a VR game since then, and they had some PvPvE game... and there was the first FarCry remaster...

But, how are they doing financially?.. are their staff getting paid yet?.. did they end up getting investigated?.. are the Yerlies still in charge?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
What ended up happening to CryTek?

A few years ago Eurogamer and others ran all these stories about how they were missing paychecks, sometimes for months at a time. That they had a business model based on founding studios for tax cuts. Expanding at a rapid rate, and having to sell off studios. There was some talk about how one of the brothers was a terrible manager. Projects getting cancelled. They were apparently getting sued by the guys behind Star Citizen. I remember they licensed off a build of CryEngine to Amazon. There was talk of them being investigated by the German government... then nothing.
I know they put out a VR game since then, and they had some PvPvE game... and there was the first FarCry remaster...

But, how are they doing financially?.. are their staff getting paid yet?.. did they end up getting investigated?.. are the Yerlies still in charge?

They scaled down, Cevat left company and his brother took over, they released Hunt Showdown that was success so it looks like that they are doing ok these days.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Crysis 2 & 3 already look good, like if you think Crysis 3 especially needs a remaster what is wrong with you? but i guess if Crytek wants to cash in & people keep buying remasters, it can't be helped.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Crysis 2 & 3 already look good, like if you think Crysis 3 especially needs a remaster what is wrong with you? but i guess if Crytek wants to cash in & people keep buying remasters, it can't be helped.

Given how much of Crysis 3 takes place in knee-deep water or around foliage it would be a great game to implement ray-tracing features in.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Crysis 2 is not only the best Crysis game, it's also the most technically impressive one.

I recently replayed it and it's an incredible FPS. The only thing that holds it back is the AI which is very bad, but other than that it's all around superb.

I mean, it looks really good. But this seems insane to compare it to Crysis 3. 3 has bigger, more expansive areas, while still having better detail, more foliage, better lighting, and just more in general going on at once, on ps360 too. Like, they didn't even have to pull it down to match Crysis 2's graphics.

The art style is different, and I understand preferring one over the other, but there just isn't any world where 3 isn't vastly more impressive than 2. It does way more things and all of them better.

You're sure about that? I had both on Xbox 360 and they were hardly "impressive" considering the years they were released in. PC versions should be a tad better than console versions but these two were made with consoles in mind, I don't think neither were better than Crysis 1 PC.

Um. Why are you saying "considering the year."

They're impressive considering the hardware they were on. Give it a resolution boost and 3 looks better than most games that came out on the console generation afterwards.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Really one of the most underrated multiplayer games of the ps360 gen. The maps had verticality and good flow, the skill ceiling was high, the guns were fairly balanced, and the perks were legit.

I'm sure they won't include it in the remaster though, cause why would they.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly quite like all the games. They aren't world beaters as the AI is pretty whatever and scenarios aren't terribly memorable but I enjoy making my way through them and taking down enemies with fun guns and bows in a impressive environment.

Last edited:

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
I much preferred the settings for crysis 1, especially the beginning beach area but still enjoyed 2 a lot.
Good to hear

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
We really gonna encourage remasters this generation just for better reflections? I just wish Crytek could make something new instead.
As a PC owner I agree with this. But to be fair the console only people missed out on the maxed out Crysis experience for far too long and these remasters are good for them.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
These Crysis games should have been remakes with cutting edge tech, that would have been more suited to the brand's legacy

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like these are being made with consoles in mind, where the versions of any crysis game are not ideal.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These Crysis games should have been remakes with cutting edge tech, that would have been more suited to the brand's legacy
eh, just remaster the trilogy and then make Crysis 4 the technical tour-de-force. building off old code will always hold back these games and doing all three wouldn't be feasible

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Hell yea id be down

Had a ton of fun with MP Beta back in the day although I didnt play too much since none of my other friends owned the game
Honestly though I know people love the other ones but man I really enjoyed 2, Never played 1 tho was thinking of giving the remaster a spin this weekend

Need to double check if the remaster was any good tho kinda tuned it out when it released cuz I was busy

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Some people here might think Gunney is a bit of a ponce but if you're decently into Crysis and ya'll havent seen NanoSuitNinja's channel - you should check it out...

Will make a good visual representation of the skill ceiling you can get too in these games. Especially if you go back and watch the first games videos. The man makes it work. Crytek made such pretty things....

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
This one could definitely use a remaster, I tried playing it a couple of months ago with my EA Play trial and it had horrible fps drops, low FOV and weird mouse movement/acceleration so I won't mind getting it up to today's standards. Graphics are still great though.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
instead of remastering all the previous Crysis games I wish they would start development on Crysis 4...

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
2 and 3.

Lawd. Ok Crytek, if it means Crysis 4 then yeah I'll get them both on PC and Switch. You know if there is a Switch version.