• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Updated From Era Feedback V. 0.8

eTK34YT.gif

Old V 0.7 https://i.imgur.com/KQKj4NJ.gif
Old V 0.6 https://i.imgur.com/NC5bhH1.gif
Old V 0.5 https://i.imgur.com/9kXaE8k.gif

I made this a while ago for an old Cross Play thread but never posted it and the switch news about Paladins jogged my memory.

I'm sure I'm wrong with more games here being either Switch > Xbox or Switch > PC with a toggle option so happy to update tonight as you educate me Era but thought it was an interesting enough to share.

Last edited:

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great idea and a nice way to summarise Switch's crossplay with some games. Will keep a watch on the updated versions of this chart.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see the updates post E3

This might be my favourite chart over Amiibo compatibility

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Crazy how cool Nintendo is with Cross-Play. Frankly, the last company I ever anticipated being okay with it.

VirtuaRacer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gowans suddenly interested in the Switch as a pro Xbox marketing tool. heh

Edit: Dragon Quest X does not have PS4/Switch cross-play. That's an error that you have copied from the larger Wikipedia list it seems.

Last edited:

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Please God let me log in to my level 78 Fortnite Save the World account on my Switch and get that sweet, sweet cross-progress action.

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Such a tired statement, you really expected that quote to span across multiple platforms?

"For the owners of our competitors consoles" Please.

Except it's not for them, but for the PS4 players who currently can't play with their friends that are on other consoles?

Tbf, I doubt MS would have gone so far if they had come out on top.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
How does a game like fortnite that both consoles have crossplay with PC but not each other?

The servers can only have one console per room?

Weird

Such a tired statement, you really expected that quote to span across multiple platforms?

Actually, crossplay is for having fuller servers, so it benefits the player of their system

DanteRavenkin

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So looking at your list, I saw this game Blobcat. Is that just a new type of ChuChu Rocket?!
It's nice to see so many games support crossplay. Keeps communities alive

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Come on man, I'm a huge xbox fan and did start this for a xbox / cross play thread (thats why Xbox was first on the list) but I cut it down for Switch and posted it here.

I can't wait for Cross Play across all platforms as it becomes more common in the future, my kid should be able to play these platform games on any device he wants with all his mates from school.
It's defo the future.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Edit: Dragon Quest X does not have PS4/Switch cross-play. That's an error that you have copied from the larger Wikipedia list it seems.

I'll pull it later, I also thought that was the first switch cross play example? is it not?

Also might re-order and put the 'To Be Released' games together with a tag

Don't know how good this chart is. I spent 1 minute with google and that's what i found
https://www.dualshockers.com/disc-jam-getting-cross-play-ps4-pc/

Awesome will update that one too.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PSO2 has crossplay with PC and to a very tiny extent PS4 and Vita. You can do quests, communicate, and everything with PC players, but if they're on PSN you can only see them in shared areas like Team Rooms and player housing and you can't chat with them.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC

The fuck are you talking about? There are tons of PS4 only players that would love to play with family and friends in Minecraft/Rocket League, etc. We even had a devout PS4 owner make a topic and petition for the very thing.

Their stance on this is anti-consumer, period. And people with tinted shades saying PS3 had (very few) crossplay options are ignoring the fact that Sony never offered or asked for crossplay between their competitors the way Microsoft and Nintendo are doing it this gen. You have multiple devs praising this and blaming Sony here.

Lastly is the more disgusting, fanboy take: "bu-bu-but this doesnt benefit the company! The profits! They don't need this because of their marketshare!" Who the fuck cares about that. This is about us as gamers and not multi-million dollar corporations that only care about your money and nothing else.

/rant

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
Wait you can cross play DQX between PS4 and Switch?

If so, lol Sony.

Your policy is crystal clear here. They only allowed this because they are not the leader for that one game. Meanwhile they won't allow cross play for other games they have a bigger share. Oh wow.

They better allow Fortnite cross play too. What the fuck.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Super interested to see what happens with Fortnite. I'll bet that Switch will be able to crossplay with PC, but no other consoles.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

"Fuck you if you don't have our system presently! Zero interest in earning good will in the hopes of you switching over eventually!"

Blade25

Oct 27, 2017
How does a game like fortnite that both consoles have crossplay with PC but not each other?

The servers can only have one console per room?

Weird

Actually, crossplay is for having fuller servers, so it benefits the player of their system

I would like to know this as well!

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Crazy how cool Nintendo is with Cross-Play. Frankly, the last company I ever anticipated being okay with it.

Nintendo has done so much to come back from their Wii U fiasco. Really good time to own a Switch.

Please don't shit the thread up with warz comments and personal grudges.

Nintendo killing it, Microsoft pushing a close second....Sony failing miserably

Nintendo has been surprising this gen.

That's what I said, the Players. Friends should be able to play with friends, regardless of the the machine they're playing on.

Agreed.

The defense of blocking cross play has been tired since the day it started.

So much this. It's insane how...you know what, not even gonna say it. But you know.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a lack of players on PS4? The platform with the most online players because of its userbase?

Depends on the game. For instance Titanfall 2 was doing better on Xbox last time I checked. But no matter the population, the game would benefit from a wider pool. Shame Sony wants to protect the kiddies so bad they can't allow it.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This defense is more tired than the statement.
Sony is shitty about this policy, and will continue to be called out until they get their shit together.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I know this list focuses on games that are available for the Switch, but the PS4 has lots of games that have PC->PS4 crossplay, like SFV, Phantasy Star Online 2, DC Universe Online, etc.

Also, I believe Disc Jam has crossplay with Steam, which that list doesn't mention.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Nicely made chart, but it clearly limits itself to only games that are on Switch.

And it should definitely just have blanks instead of 'X's on many of those entries.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

I'm not sure it would be cross-play because it is an MMO, but people playing on PS4 can certainly play with, see, and interact with players on Switch, Wii U, PC, 3DS, d-mode, and NetCafe editions.

Wait you can cross play DQX between PS4 and Switch?

If so, lol Sony.

Your policy is crystal clear here. They only allowed this because they are not the leader for that one game. Meanwhile they won't allow cross play for other games they have a bigger share. Oh wow.

They better allow Fortnite cross play too. What the fuck.

That poster is mistaken.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Nicely made chart, but it clearly limits itself to only games that are on Switch.
The chart is just for Switch games hence the title
And it should definitely just have blanks instead of 'X's on many of those entries.
That is to show the game is out on that platform but doesn't support it, if it's blank it shows its not available for that platform.

I'll update this tonight in a few hours if anyone has any more updates.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017

Sony's not allowed to take the goodwill for being pro-consumer with the #4theplayers campaign if they can't take the heat when it blows up in their face when the do things that are anti-consumer.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
Solid argument in favor of PS4 crossplay - I'm a consumer, I own all three current-gen consoles. When Fortnite comes out on Switch, I'd love to be able to play with my boyfriend in the same room. Him on Switch, me on PS4. But I can't. My best option is to stop playing Fortnite on PS4 and start playing on Switch so we can play together (we both have Switches). Any money I spend on microtransactions will now go through the eShop as opposed to PSN. Sony is literally losing money in this case.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
The version of Minecraft coming to Switch on the 20th also has crossplay with Gear VR and Fire TV. No need to include this in the image of course. Just wanted to mention it because of how impressive crossplay is for Minecraft. Can't wait for Switch owners to join us on the ERA realm when realm and server features are opened up to Switch owners a few weeks after release. It's really nice to play with others and not care what platform they are on.