• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
two days ago in what the fuck news:

View: https://twitter.com/adamm0rgan/status/1783156155293774037

[Press Release] Cyan Unveils First Riven Gameplay Trailer & Cast! » Cyan

Cyan Worlds Unveils First Official Gameplay Trailer for Riven’s Upcoming Remake Along With the Game’s Cast With Launch drawing ever closer, fans will be excited to take their first look at Riven’s updated gameplay, featuring fully traversable 3D environments that bring the decaying Age to life...

In addition to the gameplay trailer above, Cyan Worlds is excited to welcome BAFTA and SAG nominated actress Shannon Woodward —who starred as Dina in The Last of Us Part II, Sabrina in Raising Hope, and Elsie in Westworld— and Pulitzer Prize-Winning journalist and NYT best-selling author Ronan Farrow —who did voice work for From Up on Poppy Hill, The Wind Rises, and AREA MAN LIVES— to the Riven family. Shannon and Ronan will portray two new characters not part of the original Riven: The Sequel to Myst and will be featured in an expanded game section. Joining them is actor and comedian Lauren Gamiel —who performed in Lighthouse, which was the longest-running off-Broadway show at the SoHo Playhouse, and directs, writes, and performs in solo comedy works for theater and film— providing voice-over and motion capture for Catherine, Russell Webster, performing motion capture for Gehn, and Rand Miller —Cyan Worlds' CEO and co-founder— who will reprise his role as Atrus.

"I love collaborative art in general and I love games. I particularly love narrative games and I think Myst and Riven were just so ahead of their time in terms of puzzles and games," says Shannon Woodward. "The way they are so commonly integrated into stories now, it so clearly stems from this narrative puzzle game that I played when I was a kid, and I think it was so influential."

"It's such a thrill to be able to perform this role. And I love and respect that Cyan [Worlds] is taking this classic and not just remaking it, which is already exciting, but putting all this additional inspiration in it and specifically focusing on character," says Ronan Farrow. "I think part of what made Riven something formative for me as a kid is that it is so character-driven."
Investigate me if thread is old.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Am really curious about what the changes are going to end up being. Myst remake seemed pretty faithful to the original?

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Glad he's doing well

Speaking of famous former members, what happened to that one member that was working on the Star Wars sequels?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Am really curious about what the changes are going to end up being. Myst remake seemed pretty faithful to the original?

depends on which remake. they added Rime to one of them and "tied" the two games by having catherine going through there and talking about riven