• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
AAKUORAABD88.png

bahahaha
LOL

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Probably a sign they felt the day 1 patch was actually going to be part of what they considered viable for reviews and that it would need another patch besides. Smart I guess but it just means more crunch sadly.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Wow, finally starting to see people at other places not post that Miyamoto quote and actually getting fed up with all these constant delays now. The holy CDPR are finally getting people mad.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Think about it this way: Fallout 76 passed certification, Cyberpunk 2077 didn't. Must be pretty fucking bad.

There is nothing concrete to suggest that a certification issue is the problem here, in fact everything points to it not being the case.

I've no doubt they passed cert, they just know that this game with all the backlash over crunch would be slaughtered by reviewers if current gen performance is dogshit.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
Obviously CDPR upper management realised the game wasn't quite transphobic enough, so they're gonna make the Devs crunch a few more weeks to make the ultimate transphobic game.

Aren't CDPR the best!

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty annoyed since I scheduled my time around the release after it went gold. Requested a refund on Steam since at this point I have no intention of paying for it unless it's actually out. I'll probably just wait until it's out, and confirmed to be stable and not a broken mess, since delaying it after it went gold doesn't exactly instill confidence. Really kills my enthusiasm for the game.

MCWyatt

Aug 7, 2018
Probably a sign they felt the day 1 patch was actually going to be part of what they considered viable for reviews and that it would need another patch besides. Smart I guess but it just means more crunch sadly.
It's been a hot min since last gen released. Will outlets review both on next and last gen with different scores for each?

Sep 21, 2019
This sucks. Requested a week and a half off work for this. Are you serious?

After going gold.

It has to do with optimization issues on current gen systems I'm sure.

Still, they even said yesterday that the game is 100% ready to go with no more delays.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
do we get ray tracing and next gen features on next gen consoles on dec 10th, or thats still another free update on 2021?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So remember that whole thing about this game coming out so late in 2020 that the "cut" the devs would be getting would be minuscule?

Well that just got a hell of a lot smaller didn't it?
The 10% profit share isn't limited to 2020. They have already been doing this for the last coupe of years.

Oct 27, 2017
Will Sony refund all PSN pre-orders like they did with TLOU2?
Probably not like TLOU 2 because they didn't have a new date yet at that time. But you should receive an email soon asking what you would prefer; keep your preorder or cancel and get a full refund. Although, you don't have to wait if you want a refund, you can just cancel your preorder yourself right now.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Even after it comes out I think I'll let it cook for awhile before I jump on board. I bet the Day 1 patch is going to be epic!

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
The delay will help them avoid TLoU 2 and Ghost for GotY 2020, but then they will have to face GoW Ragnarok and Horizon FW in 2021. Poor Cyberpunk can't catch a break.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
It's been a hot min since last gen released. Will outlets review both on next and last gen with different scores for each?

Most likely and this happened last generation too, (Dragon Age Origins being the first one that sticks in my mind for different scores on PS3/X360/PC and Madden for cross gen). Doesn't excuse CDPR from releasing a lackluster last gen version riddled with issues however and they should be rightly called out for that. Especially when everyone's high and mighty about what's anti-consumer and what isn't.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
At this point it's beyond a parody. Game must be in an atrocious state and I feel for the devs working on this.

They really should stop announcing new dates until they are satisfied they can hit it.

Actually think a delay into spring 2021 is a real possibility now.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad CDPR will even delay a game past gold. I'm sure everyone has high expectations and I'm glad they are trying to meet them.

Lets me enjoy Watch Dogs: L now on my brand new console.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope cdpr upper management enjoys their company being the laughing stock of the games industry, and i hope the developers are able to change the work culture there, or finding a more hospitable employer

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Ubisoft must be happy as hell AC Valhalla is releasing on November 11th so they must be ecstatic about the news.