• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
As there seem to be somewhat steady stream of new media leading up to their next event tour will update OP as they hit.

EBNwGiJXUAEaHtK

EA-EkAhXoAE9UAK

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Curious to know how this will look on consoles, if consoles take a very severe hit i might just wait until the innevitable next gen ports which im sure will take a hit as well but hopefully smaller

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
There will be a proper gameplay vid at Gamescom right? Similar to (but more updated) version of what we saw E3 2018?

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to settling my dispute with Sasquatch amicably, I'm sure we can find common ground that doesn't require her hammer to take my head clean off.

That's a damn cool screenshot though.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Curious to know how this will look on consoles, if consoles take a very severe hit i might just wait until the innevitable next gen ports which im sure will take a hit as well but hopefully smaller
Yeah this is really what I want to know. It just looks too good or at least dense to run on current gen hardware at that level without massive issues.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
CDPR will have to be wizards to get this looking good and not bare-bones on base consoles. I'm excited for the game, but not if it runs and looks like ass.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is really what I want to know. It just looks too good or at least dense to run on current gen hardware at that level without massive issues.

I have an xbox one x and higher resolutions are nice and all but if that comes at the cost of a poor frame rate and significantly less density than the pc version than i think i will wait

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
If this doesn't get a downgrade then hoooo boy. Building a new rig for it.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Ok these gotta be bullshots, right? I refuse to believe the game can look this good, but if this is truely what we can expect on next gen consoles, i can't wait :o

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
First one looks like a hud less screenshot.

Second one is not from the player perspective but looks in game.

Not what id call bullshots.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok these gotta be bullshots, right? I refuse to believe the game can look this good, but if this is truely what we can expect on next gen consoles, i can't wait :o

What do you consider bullshots? Looks like what you'd expect from photo mode screenshots

First one is clearly the boss fight from e3 demo

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
like the game looks really good in these screens but its not what i would call bullshot tier . It looks like a cross gen game on a high end PC. The amazing thing is that its open world, but then again something like HZD , Death Stranding upcoming Ghost of Tsuchima looks better when it comes to lighting/polycount n stuff.

OP
OP
Tovarisc

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
You play a named character, right? Do we know if there is initial visual customization at the start or just as you progress?

Protagonists name is V.

You get to mix and match in character creator as gender isn't set. You start from template man or woman, but then can make e.g. manV trans etc. Even voice has some level of customization, apparently there is some level of pitch adjustment too. Then you pick background (Corpo, Street Kid, Nomad) which will affect starting area, skill selection, dialogue options etc. and put points into the skills.

That is just what we know from impressions and dev interviews. Gameplay in early September should show it.

Oct 27, 2017
It looks good but not bullshot good, the leather coat on the 2nd picture has nice textures but it doesn't seem to cast any shadow on the character's body that looks like it's lightened from inside the coat, the textures of the character's torso look really low compared to the coat, then his hands look weird, mainly his right hand's fingers.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
A friend of mine is going to see the gameplay behind closed doors at GC, that's awesome.

But we are getting that gameplay after GC as well, aren't we?

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is cross-gen, what's it supposed to look like?

There's not been any official next-gen versions announced. So while we all assume it will be, it's speculation at this point

A friend of mine is going to see the gameplay behind closed doors at GC, that's awesome.

But we are getting that gameplay after GC as well, aren't we?

They're releasing the gameplay demo at pax west i believe

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
There's a character creator if that's what you mean
Protagonists name is V.

You get to mix and match in character creator as gender isn't set. You start from template man or woman, but then can make e.g. manV trans etc. Even voice has some level of customization, apparently there is some level of pitch adjustment too. Then you pick background (Corpo, Street Kid, Nomad) which will affect starting area, skill selection, dialogue options etc. and put points into the skills.

That is just what we know from impressions and dev interviews. Gameplay in early September should show it.

Nice, okay- couldn't remember if there was early customization. Makes sense for this, of course. I always find it somewhat odd to put a character on the box art that sort of implies the thing you're going to play when you can customize it dramatically.

Darklor01

Nov 2, 2017
The second one definitively.
The first one is not that impressive at all. Character model and lighting are not that great on that shot.

Even the second one.. look at everything in the backdrop of the character. Looks like all the processing went to the character and everything else suffered quite a bit.