• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
This thread could simply be retitled "Cyberpunk 2077 Night City WIRE discussion" or even "Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-release thread" or something.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
It honestly didn't look half bad on current consoles. The frames suffered a bit but maybe they can be optimized more. I'm impressed

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Indeed even more when this thread is called Night Wire episode 4
Why wasnt this and the other night wire thread combined with the other ones then?

Read the stickied topic at the top of the gaming section. It's Transgender celebration month (week?) and given CDPR's history, it would be in poor taste to create new CP threads.

Hell, this one being open is kind of an affront.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Read the stickied topic at the top of the gaming section. It's Transgender celebration month and given CDPR's history, it would be in poor taste to create new CP threads.

I feel like CDPR should either be banned or not. This half stuff is just confusing and I'm not sure it actually helps anyone

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Read the stickied topic at the top of the gaming section. It's Transgender celebration month and given CDPR's history, it would be in poor taste to create new CP threads.

You don't have to participate in those threads. You can ignore them. If they're closing threads about new news about the game because of that then they should say so.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Aside from Ray Tracing and framerate/resolution - what could the full next-gen patch really add to what we saw from the Xbox Series X?

- increased npc / object density
- increased draw distances
- (much) quicker loading
- higher quality textures
- increased fidelity regarding shadows, AO, light effects
- more (realtime) light sources
- more alpha & particle effects

edit: the PS3 to PS4 upgrade of GTA5 might be a good example as well:

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Increasingly, I worry that games in general which go for the 'realistic' feel are going to come off uncanny in the new generation, until lip-synch and animations in general are improved and perhaps made easier to smooth with some industry-standard dev tools.

(The fact I said that, in that way, should tell you I have no idea what I'm asking for on a technical level).

But to me something feels 'off' about this whole thing. The world seems amazing and the people seem... Immersion-breaking?

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Has it been confirmed in any way whether the Series X footage appeared to be 30FPS? I appeared to be in the stream but I'm not sure if that's because of the way it was broadcast.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
This thread could simply be retitled "Cyberpunk 2077 Night City WIRE discussion" or even "Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-release thread" or something.
Indeed even more when this thread is called Night Wire episode 4
Why wasnt this and the other night wire threads combined with the other ones then?
I'm telling a Cyberpunk story in each of the Night City WIRE threads that will culminate in the main OT. As each new Night City WIRE thread is made, the old ones fall to the wayside - but I put links to them in the OP of each new one so they can still be enjoyed and so that you all can catch up on the story.

I think especially with it being Trans Awareness Week, we should keep all discussion of Cyberpunk 2077 in the latest Night City WIRE thread, as it is respectful and won't clutter up the main page👍🙏

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused on the Series X footage - is this the game running the BC Xbox One version, or with the day one patch that CDPR said will make the game "look better" on release?

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I feel like CDPR should either be banned or not. This half stuff is just confusing and I'm not sure it actually helps anyone

Hey, I agree. I actually recommended just banning CP threads in general, or at least keeping them off the main gaming page. But then discussion got to a point where suggestions like that were considered backseat modding, and I didn't want to get banned.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
It is. Its running the xbox one version also. Just better performance and higher res.
Well that's disappointing. At least "unleash the beast" and unlock the framerate for those versions. The impact to the experience would be transformative. But as I said earlier, it's expected I suppose. I'm guessing the next-gen patches (when they do arrive) will be focused on increasing fidelity and some RT bullshit rather than establishing a glorious 60FPS.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Has it been confirmed in any way whether the Series X footage appeared to be 30FPS? I appeared to be in the stream but I'm not sure if that's because of the way it was broadcast.
It was a 30fps video but I honestly can't see this run at 60fps on anything except a beastly PC. The nextgen patch will likely add ray-tracing as well and then we need a miracle before this runs at 60fps.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Aside from Ray Tracing and framerate/resolution - what could the full next-gen patch really add to what we saw from the Xbox Series X?
- Less popping
- Further draw distance
- Higher frame rates
- Higher resolution
- RT
- Higher NPC density
- More detailed models and assets
- Higher resolution textures

Look at Halo 4 on Xbox 360 and One or The Last of Us on PS3 and PS4.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
it's not going to be a day 1 patch

it's going to probably be until spring at the minimum until there's a next gen update

CDPR has said there will be a day one patch for Series X and PS5 to make the game "look better".

www.windowscentral.com

Cyberpunk 2077 will 'look better' on Xbox Series X and PS5 at launch, full next-gen update in 2021

While Cyberpunk 2077 will receive a full next-gen update in 2021, CD Projekt Red assures investors the game will look better on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 from launch day.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Looked way better than I expected for consoles. Still feel like the streets are a bit empty, but hopefully that isn't as much the case on PC.
I was pretty underwhelmed. The streets looked bare. There were no pedestrians whatsoever in some of the footage. City looks great but empty AF.

Feels like its a massive city for a population of 3000.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
CDPR has said there will be a day one patch for Series X and PS5 to make the game "look better".

www.windowscentral.com

Cyberpunk 2077 will 'look better' on Xbox Series X and PS5 at launch, full next-gen update in 2021

While Cyberpunk 2077 will receive a full next-gen update in 2021, CD Projekt Red assures investors the game will look better on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 from launch day.
That was evident with the superior screen-space reflections and smoother framerate👍

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

www.windowscentral.com

I think by "look better" they might just mean what we saw today. Probably higher resolution + more stable framerate.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
It was a 30fps video but I honestly can't see this run at 60fps on anything except a beastly PC. The nextgen patch will likely add ray-tracing as well and then we need a miracle before this runs at 60fps.
With the current performance being tied to a discount tablet-level CPU and a 4 year old GPU (in the best case scenario of Xbox One X), I certainly disagree. What was shown at 30FPS could potentially easily be a locked 60FPS on the higher-end new machines (PS5 and XsX), graphical settings being the same. The difference in compute and processing power is incredibly large.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

www.windowscentral.com

well... actually it does look better... SSR is better on XSX vs XO

but you're not going to get higher framerates (>30)... the next gen update is adding RT which is not going to help in increasing framerates. it's just going to add even more polish.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I think by "look better" they might just mean what we saw today. Probably higher resolution + more stable framerate.
That was evident with the superior screen-space reflections and smoother framerate👍

Right, so that gets back to what I was asking - so the footage we saw today of the Series X is with the planned day one patch for next-gen consoles? Or was that just the Series X brute forcing better fidelity and a more stable framerate?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I understand why they showed off Series X footage but it's probably not the best choice from a marketing standpoint. Or maybe it is.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
NPC density is definitley disappointing but also not a dealbreaker for me. The amount of cars also keep the city from looking dead

Status
Not open for further replies.