• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like my 3080 is gonna cry
I'm sure my RX 580 will be fine.

yHkYEW4.gif

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played Death Stranding at 4k Max settings with (mostly) 60fps with a Ryzen 1600 and a RTX2060 this weekend. My eyes are opened with DLSS (Which 2077 supports.)

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Does anyone know about mouse and keyboard support on PS4/PS5? I tried to search but not getting a definitive yes or no answer . I have a 2080 so I'm sure I could almost reach 720/30 on low but I want something other than DS remake for my shiny new console

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know about mouse and keyboard support on PS4/PS5? I tried to search but not getting a definitive yes or no answer . I have a 2080 so I'm sure I could almost reach 720/30 on low but I want something other than DS remake for my shiny new console

you'd just be playing the ps4 version on your ps5 anyways. Not sure why you would want to be put through that.

wonkybump

Apr 29, 2020
Almost here! This is surreal. XsX & CYBERPUNK DAY ONE! I can't believe we're this close guys! I've even made a deal with my wife, she's ok I won't be around much for the rest of the month! Best gaming winter of all time here I come!!!

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there a free upgrade to current gen when released? I could've sworn I saw that somewhere
the next gen version of the game for both ps5 and series x doesn't come out until next year.

There might be slight upgrades (in terms of performance) but none of the next gen upgrades (i.e Raytracing) will be in the ps4/xone versions.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Isn't there a free upgrade to current gen when released? I could've sworn I saw that somewhere
Yep, it's running at least in the enhanced mode, not the bare compatibility mode. So better framerate and more stable resolution. It will also benefit from loading from an SSD with faster CPU for decompression (faster initial load and faster texture streaming).
Next year will be raytracing , optimized queues streaming from the NVME, more NPCs and objects (the CPU is much better on the PS5) and other settings set higher along with other bells and whistles (unique controller feateures etc).

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
A 2080 should run this pretty well, no? At least @ 1080p.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
With such a strong push on pc and gog being popular, can we expect it to sell the best on PC?

Or will it be the ps4 ( large userbase).
I just hope they respect the massive sales the consoles will bring and do the best they can to make it as optimised as possible.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Just a month, feels surreal. Can't wait to immerse myself in this world!

Little details like the jaywalking here is what I love about CDPR. All the stuff on display here in general is just jaw dropping, I'll be stopping and staring a lot. It feels overwhelming, and that's just how a Cyberpunk society should feel like. They nailed it..

3692519-cautiousbewitchedbarracuda-size_restricted.gif
cb72a16ff31ff68d749b17e617e15eac5ec9a6fb.gifv
d3d32d3ddc63b2f756d06a0ad7590828f7259b6f.gifv

Simple stuff like just seeing the city whizz by from the windows while having a conversation in a car makes me really glad CDPR went first person.
image_cyberpunk_2077-42459-2618_0007.jpg

If you keep making posts like this I'll be forced to place you on ignore until launch. Nothing personal, it's for my own sanity.

In all seriousness, I don't throw "dream game" out there lightly, but if 2077 delivers on both the incredibly rich, detailed, lived in cyberpunk setting and pushing systemic/player-driven RPGs forward in terms of freedom and reactivity, that is exactly where we are.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
In all seriousness, I don't throw "dream game" out there lightly, but if 2077 delivers on both the incredibly rich, detailed, lived in cyberpunk setting and pushing systemic/player-driven RPGs forward in terms of freedom and reactivity, that is exactly where we are.
Same here🤘

As far as my ultimate Cyberpunk videogame and what I would hope it to be; this is it.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
my only worry really, is gameplay. I didn't like the gameplay in Witcher. And we kinda take for granted how good FPS games feel. So many are good that now its surprising when a game doesn't feel right. Going back and playing Deus Ex, whoo the shooting in that is a struggle.

or something more recent, Hyperscape. Another game where the shooting is just off. So for me, yes the world, characters, story, rpg elements are important. But gameplay above all. The combat and driving has to feel great.

i dont want another situation like Witcher. Where i like everything about the game, except actually playing it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Same here🤘

As far as my ultimate Cyberpunk videogame and what I would hope it to be; this is it.

Indeed. Like I adore the Deus Ex series, the original was key in informing a lot my current gaming tastes, but it never had the scale to fully capture that Akira/Bladerunner-esque magic of
of being immersed in this sprawling neon-drenched future metropolis, cruising the city at night, etc...

1 month!!

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
The first hours of this game will be like that scene in the beginning of Altered Carbon where he takes the drugs and walks around the city

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
my only worry really, is gameplay. I didn't like the gameplay in Witcher. And we kinda take for granted how good FPS games feel. So many are good that now its surprising when a game doesn't feel right. Going back and playing Deus Ex, whoo the shooting in that is a struggle.

or something more recent, Hyperscape. Another game where the shooting is just off. So for me, yes the world, characters, story, rpg elements are important. But gameplay above all. The combat and driving has to feel great.

i dont want another situation like Witcher. Where i like everything about the game, except actually playing it.

If you don't like gameplay of Deus Ex then I suspect you will have issues with CP77 no matter what. Just like Deus Ex this is RPG first, FPS second.

Early on V will be incompetent fighter (melee or firearms) so weapon handling will be slow and awkward from aiming to reloading to firing. Over time V will gain proficiency with all of that as you keep using weapon types, making gunplay better. Also quality of weapons will most likely play part in this, 3D printed crap from Budget Arms will be very different from hi-tech from Militech.

Even then it is still RPG so it most likely will never go that pure FPS gameplay feel of snappiness and accuracy.

Same most likely applies to driving. Proficiency with driving + what you are driving. Clunkers will drive bad no matter what.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if PC version is shipping with anything different effects-wise than the PS5/Series X skus aside from RT effects? Is the next gen patch coming also for PC version? Bit confused on the whole next gen patch re: PC.

CTRON

Jul 16, 2020
Early on V will be incompetent fighter (melee or firearms) so weapon handling will be slow and awkward from aiming to reloading to firing. Over time V will gain proficiency with all of that as you keep using weapon types, making gunplay better. Also quality of weapons will most likely play part in this, 3D printed crap from Budget Arms will be very different from hi-tech from Militech.

I think most would be happy with the gunplay as long as the shooting feels good after getting all the relevant upgrades. Would further incentivize carrying those stats over to a new game +.

NPC AI does look rough in the pre-release build, particularly during melee encounters. V can run circles around enemies, and not in a good way. Might just be the demo being played on the easiest difficulty, though.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if PC version is shipping with anything different effects-wise than the PS5/Series X skus aside from RT effects? Is the next gen patch coming also for PC version? Bit confused on the whole next gen patch re: PC.
there wont be any ps5/series x skus this year. The only 'next gen' version available this year will be on PC.

the versions that will be out on consoles this year will be the ps4 and xone versions, with BC upgrades.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Usually 30 days would just fly by but when ever there is something to look forward to time seems to slow down somewhat, still it is just nice to have something to look forward what with how crappy this year has been.
Time does seem to slow when you are near something you are deeply excited about👍
Well, unless you have an Nvidia graphics card, you'll be waiting with the rest of us for RTX - since only Nvidia cards get that tech at launch🤷‍♂️

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Unless it has severe optimisation issues the game will run fine on PC. I know it looks very pretty and all that but the game at its core is a current generation game built for XONE/PS4 ceiling hardware. The game logic and rendering pipeline will have been structured accordingly around archaic CPU/RAM configurations, with the more impressive facets of the game being asset quality scaling up like most PC games do, ray tracing features being the actual next gen stuff bolted on.

How far it scales up and what performance cost that'll come at remains to be seen, but yeah. Cyberpunk is still a game built for current gen hardware.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Which is really funny since DF couldn't contain themselves in the ampere direct and just kept shouting this is next gen when the trailer came on.

To be fair, if I'm remembering correctly, Cyberpunk was showcasing ray tracing which is legitimately next gen. And to their credit the RT coverage here is pretty huge rather than limited to just reflections or something. Reworking all the shadowing and lighting with ray tracing will, much like Metro Exodus, produce very nice results at a hefty performance cost.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, if I'm remembering correctly, Cyberpunk was showcasing ray tracing which is legitimately next gen. And to their credit the RT coverage here is pretty huge rather than limited to just reflections or something. Reworking all the shadowing and lighting with ray tracing will, much like Metro Exodus, produce very nice results at a hefty performance cost.
Yeah so the point is, the full RT suite on PC is making it shine even if some of the underlying tech is mostly current gen. Not to mention there's zero chance next gen consoles include the amount or level of RT features that a dedicated RTX card can run.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017

I can't agree with you more, but it's pretty amazing to me that even on a hardcore board like this one, most people seem to be burying the lede on the bolded part in your post. Ever since the 48-minute demo two years ago, *that's* been the most impressive thing on my mind. The cyberpunk world building looks godlike, it's going to be absolutely amazing to have a open-world like this... but that's not even the most impressive aspect of this game at all. The most impressive bit, if they can pull it off (which is a big if, but it looks extremely promising thus far) is the player agency in the story. What the showed in terms of your options for the Maelstrom den mission in that demo is pretty much unprecedented in the AAA space, and even more hype-inducing than that is that in subsequent recent interviews, they've gone over several more potential branching ways that mission can play out which is just mind blowing. Again, it's a huge if, but if they are even remotely successful in having that level of detail/agency across the whole game it is going to be an utterly massive achievement. And then we get expansions.

Edited: I said scav den when I meant the Maelstrom hideout.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Unless it has severe optimisation issues the game will run fine on PC. I know it looks very pretty and all that but the game at its core is a current generation game built for XONE/PS4 ceiling hardware. The game logic and rendering pipeline will have been structured accordingly around archaic CPU/RAM configurations, with the more impressive facets of the game being asset quality scaling up like most PC games do, ray tracing features being the actual next gen stuff bolted on.

How far it scales up and what performance cost that'll come at remains to be seen, but yeah. Cyberpunk is still a game built for current gen hardware.
What do you think we can we expect day-one on next-gen consoles, in terms of graphics, visual fidelity and framerate?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah so the point is, the full RT suite on PC is making it shine even if some of the underlying tech is mostly current gen. Not to mention there's zero chance next gen consoles include the amount or level of RT features that a dedicated RTX card can run.

Yeah, it is. Will be interesting to see how high it scales up though. IMO The Witcher 3 looks much better on PC on highest setting and that's before you get into tweaks.

What do you think we can we expect day-one on next-gen consoles, in terms of graphics, visual fidelity and framerate?

No idea. Probably something similar to highly optimised Xbox One games that are enhanced on Series X, mainly in terms of resolution output and framerate. But exactly what those variables will be is anyone's guess and CDPR haven't been clear.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
This game has some amazing looking things going on. Kinda shut my mind off to it though after they started to say it wasn't political or something like that. WTF type of story you gonna tell, in a game like this, if you're not trying to be political. Story is gonna be so bland if it has nothing to say. The world and themes are so political. My hope is that they meant the game doesn't have a specific stance on many issues. If the topics are complex and lead to a lot of interesting choices, that could be great. Would be inline with most RPGs then. But it also depends how it handles more questionable paths a person can take.

Also worried it's gonna botch Trans representation based on some of the stuff I've seen. Looking at them and by giving CDPR the maximum benefit of the doubt, they might be fine, but obv from some of the stuff to come out from them (including the never ending Twitter controversies) I very much doubt it. Only when I get it in my hands will I really be able to have an opinion...

Game has a lot of potential. I hope that I'm able to fully enjoy it, and the lack of a message + bigotry isn't there. If it lacks a real message in the story, it's really not gonna be that interesting. Or it's just gonna feel like it fails it's setting. If the game has some bigotry (as most media does) it's just gonna be a wait a see if it's passing or too integral to really not shit all over it.

Also, planning on picking this up on PS4 for PS5. Hoping for some console gameplay and PS5 info. They seem to suggest something is happening.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I can't agree with you more, but it's pretty amazing to me that even on a hardcore board like this one, most people seem to be burying the lede on the bolded part in your post. Ever since the 48-minute demo two years ago, *that's* been the most impressive thing on my mind. The cyberpunk world building looks godlike, it's going to be absolutely amazing to have a open-world like this... but that's not even the most impressive aspect of this game at all. The most impressive bit, if they can pull it off (which is a big if, but it looks extremely promising thus far) is the player agency in the story. What the showed in terms of your options for the scav den mission in that demo is pretty much unprecedented in the AAA space, and even more hype-inducing than that is that in subsequent recent interviews, they've gone over several more potential branching ways that mission can play out which is just mind blowing. Again, it's a huge if, but if they are even remotely successful in having that level of detail/agency across the whole game it is going to be an utterly massive achievement. And then we get expansions.
I sincerely hope that it lives up to everyone's expectations even remotely close to how I am certain that it will live up to mine😊
No idea. Probably something similar to highly optimised Xbox One games that are enhanced on Series X, mainly in terms of resolution output and framerate. But exactly what those variables will be is anyone's guess and CDPR haven't been clear.
Hopefully the next Night City WIRE will shed some light on this. In my mind, the Xbox Series X version will be the Xbox One X with it's enhanced patch, using all the bells and whistles of the Xbox Series X; like the SSD for faster loading, higher framerate and 4K resolution - minus Ray-Tracing of course, which will come later.

Status
Not open for further replies.