• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
It is in Spanish but he is basically saying that after the patch, the game improves a lot and makes the game great, with fidelity and performance mode. The patch is basically the 43gb one that has been posted in other threads, it is a post gold but pre launch patch. There is another one coming at launch.

TBF, he doesn't really say the game is great, just that it brings it more in line to what we've been shown up until now.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
"THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT"

lol holy shit

imagine if a movie was coming out and there was issues with the director or production company engaging in anti trans behavior and people were actively discussing those anti trans practices

and then your clown ass said "I dont feel safe discussing Kung Pow 2 :( :("

Nov 19, 2017
Thanks for proving my point and showing going against the grain doesn't fly here.

My position is harmful? When I haven't engaged in the conversion and simply wondered why people aren't allowed to discuss about the game without getting attacked ? This Is not posing myself as a victim it's litteraly said here :

• It is okay to be excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and to want to play it. Do not attack other members merely for being excited for the game or planning to buy the game.
Yes safe word was put in quotes cause it feels odd using the word considering what's going on in the world right now.

But please do go on and think of me as a CDPR shill if that makes your life better.
Yo you wish to be oppressed so badly. Pathetic

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I come to resetera mostly about gaming news and also to read people different opinions about my hobby but honestly don't feel like participating/ posting much anymore cause whenever an post is not aligned to people's liking you get attacked or outed as a monster for not contributing to a cause. (And it starting to feel more general, not Cyberpunk/CDPR specific)

I'm surprised people that are doing OT out of their own free time are getting attacked especially after welcoming everyone. And the Vestan ban?! I'm sorry but they owe you, me or anyone else for that matter anything.

A previous poster said that they don't feel safe here anymore well I'll equally say that it doesn't feel "safe" here for wanting to discuss about Cyberpunk without engaging into taking a stance against CDPR. I put the quotes around the word safe cause we are on a forum after all, and far bigger issues out there in the world than getting banned and shut out from discussion.

My post here will be considered "a bad/awful take" Iike most of the replies nowadays and I'll probably be banned too for saying as much but hopefully all parties can keep it civil in the future. How about you all respect one another?

To you and all the people, who just want to talk about video games, why are you on resetera? Any other forum or reddit is exactly what you want and this forum
was created, at least to my knowledge, to be no that. For some time now people have been leaving and feel like if things go on as they are now, this will just end up as another video game forum.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
From what we have been fast travel points aren't tied to metro and such stations, but can be placed where ever it has made sense for dev.
Interesting - I hope that the subways factor in, in some way at least.

They're bound to be in a mission or 2 no doubt, also keen to see which of these missions you mantis blade up the side of a building (Miles Tost said this a while back, this isn't a leak don't freak out anyone lol).

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To you and all the people, who just want to talk about video games, why are you on resetera? Any other forum or reddit is exactly what you want and this forum
was created, at least to my knowledge, to be no that. For some time now people have been leaving and feel like if things go on as they are now, this will just end up as another video game forum.

Honestly I was going to reply to other posts...(guy calling me privileged without knowing shit about me while sitting here posting on a video game forum, I guess we are all privileged assholes buddy) but this makes the most sense, I'll request a ban.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Cripterion , since I notice that you were responding directly to the points I made in my post without including it as a quote, I'll add the quote that you missed. I'll bold the parts that you responded to to help a little more:

Alternatively, how about you grow up and realize that other people have experiences different than you and different struggles than you have?

You yourself acknowledge that you being "safe" is such a minor concern that you have to encase it in quotes, while you yourself don't put the same quotes around others, probably because you recognize that they're human rights concerns. If you recognize that the two are different, why would you even try to equate them, and why would you fail to recognize that they can and should be prioritized differently?

You say that your post will be considered a bad take because you already know why it will be without anyone else having to explain it. Instead of preemptively taking a defensive stance and reframing yourself as the true victim in this situation, why don't you use that recognition to try to understand other people and their concerns in order to actually build a community where "you all respect one another" instead of trying to silence others so that only you get to have respect?

The reason why you have to struggle so much and go through so many hoops in order to make your position seem as though it isn't harmful is because you already recognize that your position is harmful.

Thanks for proving my point and showing going against the grain doesn't fly here.

My position is harmful? When I haven't engaged in the conversion and simply wondered why people aren't allowed to discuss about the game without getting attacked ? This Is not posing myself as a victim it's litteraly said here :

• It is okay to be excited for Cyberpunk 2077 and to want to play it. Do not attack other members merely for being excited for the game or planning to buy the game.
Yes safe word was put in quotes cause it feels odd using the word considering what's going on in the world right now.

But please do go on and think of me as a CDPR shill if that makes your life better.

The issue isn't that you're going against the grain. The focus of my post is not to belittle the concerns of the vulnerable and make yourself as an equivalent victim. You proceeded to ignore that point and then immediately reframe yourself as the victim. I could steal you opening line very easily here.

I'm not even telling you that you're unwelcome, I'm telling you to grow up. Participate in these threads after you realize why what you're saying is wrong and trying to figure out what you should do differently.

The pang of your conscience is not someone else attacking you. It's you recognizing that what you're doing is reprehensible, regardless of whether or not you choose to allow yourself to recognize it. No one is obligated to make you feel good about doing things that aren't worthy of any sort of praise.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
It is in Spanish but he is basically saying that after the patch, the game improves a lot and makes the game great closer to what we have previously seen and what people are expecting, even though there is still room for improvement (as JCH! has pointed out), with fidelity and performance mode. The patch is basically the 43gb one that has been posted in other threads, it is a post gold but pre launch patch. There is another one coming at launch.

Great news if confirmed, this makes me even more excited about the game. Those patches are really going to improve the game A LOT

Raigor

May 14, 2020

Eh, they are still pushing for GOG sales.

I guess Steam is eating A LOT of PC pre-orders.

I wonder if the split is still this or not

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Actually edited since the clip might be considered as spoiler (even though no spoilers of any kind were present, but many people might play the game totally blind).

Last edited:

Kiryani

Banned
Jan 28, 2018
It seems weird that these clips are being passed around as the quality of the game when it's been delayed so many times to iron out these kind of issues.

Are the reviewers playing this without the day 1 patch or does their code include it?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't kept up on the last 3 or 4 pages but surely they aren't going to do the OT anymore? It should be made by a mod or admin or even a bot.

An OT that's full of marketing and hype material would be horrible and tone deaf at this stage.
To be fair, and this is 100% personal, overengineered, overly promotional OTs make me uncomfortable in the first place, because they really read like digital marketing.

This is made significantly worse in this case given the transphobia surrounding the developer and the game. Never mind that good guy CDPR is leaning into the awful trend of featuring influencers to blur lines between marketing and genuine opinions a bit more.
Which is all pretty ironic for a cyberpunk game.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I was going to reply to other posts...(guy calling me privileged without knowing shit about me while sitting here posting on a video game forum, I guess we are all privileged assholes buddy) but this makes the most sense, I'll request a ban.
Well, I know you're gone, but I'll just like to take the opportunity to point out that you've proven yourself to be someone who will reject every attempt to be mature and instead take the cowardly route to protect your fragile ego.

Considering how uncomfortable you were with what you were expressing - going by all of the ways that you tried to soften it - I suspect that you know that too.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
It seems weird that these clips are being passed around as the quality of the game when it's been delayed so many times to iron out these kind of issues.

Are the reviewers playing this without the day 1 patch or does their code include it?

The disc version is two months old, it's missing the last weeks of improvements.(they started printing in October 5th when it went gold)

What you are seeing now is the Xbox/PS versions unpatched, we don't know if the press has a patched version or not.

We don't know if the game at launch won't have issue, but there's still a day one patch coming up.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020

Afaik reviewers are playing with the pre-launch patch (which improves a lot), but without the D1 patch that it's coming in the following days

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The disc version is two months old, it's missing the last weeks of improvements.(Game started printing in October 5th when it went gold)

What you are seeing now is the Xbox/PS versions unpatched, we don't know if the press has a patched version or not.

We don't know if the game at launch won't have issue, but there's still a day one patch coming up.

Ahhh of course, so what they're playing now is basically what the game was when it went gold. So we haven't actually seen the fruits of the 2 month delay development then. Cos man the game is so janky from the gifs so far. I wonder what footage the video reviews from publications will be from... since reviewers aren't playing with the day one patch.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Ahhh of course, so what they're playing now is basically what the game was when it went gold. So we haven't actually seen the fruits of the 2 month delay development then. Cos man the game is so janky from the gifs so far. I wonder what footage the video reviews from publications will be from... since reviewers aren't playing with the day one patch.

If i have to guess reviewers will most likely play the game on PS5, XSX and PC.

Don't think a lot of them are going to review on base PS4 or One S.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017

Let's not be naive here, this place was created because there was suddenly a huge void in the market for gaming forums back in 2017 or whenever. I don't think Era is nonprofit or maybe I'm wrong?

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, they are still pushing for GOG sales.

I guess Steam is eating A LOT of PC pre-orders.

I wonder if the split is still this or not

I usually go Steam 100%, but if you purchased the PC Special Edition, you have to take GOG key. I'm all for DRM-free, but I don't usually use GOG, honestly.
I may even purchase a Steam version as well. Who knows?

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, and this is 100% personal, overengineered, overly promotional OTs make me uncomfortable in the first place, because they really read like digital marketing.

This is made significantly worse in this case given the transphobia surrounding the developer and the game. Never mind that good guy CDPR is leaning into the awful trend of featuring influencers to blur lines between marketing and genuine opinions a bit more.
Which is all pretty ironic for a cyberpunk game.

Thiiiiis so much, like I know folks put their heart into it and all — but if they could take that same energy and apply to actual avenues of genuine discourse and facilitate conversations that mean something... but nah, let me act as a officially hired community manager/brand ambassador for said company.

Edit: I also agree the OT should be handed off given the natural of how things have been handled this far...

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Anyone else buy the game at the CDKeys Black Friday GOG sale? Their keys don't reveal until release day....guess there's no preload for me! :/

If i have to guess reviewers will most likely play the game on PS5, XSX and PC.

Don't think a lot of them are going to review on base PS4 or One S.

I would hazard a guess that zero medium to large review outlets will be on base consoles.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Let's not be naive here, this place was created because there was suddenly a huge void in the market for gaming forums back in 2017 or whenever. I don't think Era is nonprofit or maybe I'm wrong?
Disagree. Era was created as a response to the owner of GAF having allegations of sexual misconduct, people deciding to leave, and to make a more inclusive forum for marginalised folks, in member and leadership positions. Hence why it wasn't just cis white hetero mods from the start of this forum. It wasn't created to fill some void, as there are plenty of other gaming forums still running.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Disagree. Era was created as a response to the owner of GAF having allegations of sexual misconduct, people deciding to leave, and to make a more inclusive forum for marginalised folks, in member and leadership positions. Hence why it wasn't just cis white hetero mods from the start of this forum. It wasn't created to fill some void, as there are plenty of other gaming forums still running.
I think what he's meaning is the general common trait most on Era possess (from that original migratory exodus in 2017) is a love of video games.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017

I'm often a bit of a cynic , I fully admit.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017

Some of us just wanted a place to stay. Honestly, the first batch of members didn't migrate straight to Era. We first went to discord for a while. We were split up into multiple discord servers depending on which OT you joined at the time. We were then invited to sign up to the new forum.

If you were just casually browsing in gaming side then you wouldn't even know of the issue back then. People just wanted to go where the others were. Everything happened so fast that we just wanted a place where we can discuss peacefully again.We weren't exactly advocating for anything at the start. That came much later when Era stabilized and the members were at a healthy enough of a number.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Some of us just wanted a place to stay. Honestly, the first batch of members didn't migrate straight to Era. We first went to discord for a while. We were split up into multiple discord servers depending on which OT you joined at the time. We were then invited to sign up to the new forum.

If you were just casually browsing in gaming side then you wouldn't even know of the issue back then. People just wanted to go where the others were. Everything happened so fast that we just wanted a place where we can discuss peacefully again.We weren't exactly advocating for anything at the start. That came much later when Era stabilized and the members were at a healthy enough of a number.
There was also this weird early... I want to say disinformation campaign, where you started off with people saying "we migrated to Era so that it would be more inclusive" followed by people going "we migrated to Era so that the moderation wouldn't be so quick to ban us".

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Anyone else buy the game at the CDKeys Black Friday GOG sale? Their keys don't reveal until release day....guess there's no preload for me! :/

I would hazard a guess that zero medium to large review outlets will be on base consoles.

Yeah i'm considering cancelling my pre-order and spending a few extra quid for a steam version. Didn't realise at the time it was a GOG edition when I pre-ordered from there.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
In the future, you use telekinesis to eat food?
giphy.gif

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone been able to download via the Xbox app in anticipation of your physical copy?

Nov 24, 2020
I assume Black Chamber's rather crummy response post-thread lock had to deal with whoever they are having firm guidance on how to address the transphobic issues. The way the Black Chamber account addresses the game and people posting in this thread are shockingly artificial. It has to be a PR agency-ran account and I say this coming from an advertising strategy background.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah I got time today....

What a pathetic situation overall. I've been monitoring and watching it slowly devolve into the shitshow that's currently taking place over this game on this forum and it's nothing short of embarrassing.

I've been listening and reading and now I'm ready to speak.

There was nothing difficult about finding a solution to the origin of this fallout. The problem is that some of you just don't fucking care. Everyone involved would have a much easier time if the actors involved would just admit that instead of putting on this fake as fuck "ally" mask charade and then turning it to a victim complex.

It's annoying as hell because the solutions were so easy, the fact people listed them in this thread proves it didn't take a speck of brain power to come up with them, just an ounce of actually giving a damn.

1. Start the OT thread with a "A Word from Kyujii/TransERA. You already reserve posts in the an OT thread to set up your graphic formatting, right?

Oh so you have space.. put a goddamn forward to frame the situation. If you can't write it, someone from TransERA would have no problems doing that for you. Add a link that goes back to Kyujiis thread for reference. This is completed in one fucking PM

2. Ask a mod to add a Staff Comm with a brief detail that can link back to the OT Forward and Kyujiis Thread. This is completed in one fucking PM

What is so damn difficult about that? Why could it not be agreed to on the first ask? That's why this all blew up, because it was the most basic bottom line olive branch one could do and it was met with political non answer bullshit. That shows character and intent. It's clear as day that something so small bothered Chamber so much, but yet some wanna come after the fact and say this was always the plan.

Theres 0 reason why it couldnt be agreed to in public outside of just lack of interest. It's a goddamn Video Game OT, not some NDA contract with barred info till release day like BC wants to pretend it is.

And then people want to parade his "effort" like it's some hard job requiring sacrifice. Get real. You're a fan on a forum like the rest of us.

CDPR isn't over Chamber's shoulder beating him with a stick to make a hype train. Let alone the fact that if he didn't do it, it's not like it would never exist seeing this is one of the biggest releases in a long time for the industry. He chose to do this on his own. And the reality is, he chose to do it for a game in which both the game and the developers have a shit track record towards TransFolk. You can't just ignore that. It's baked into the product. So I'm not understanding why the thought process is "La La La, I wanna enjoy the game"

The game marginalizes and exploits Transpeople for its setting. This shit doesn't exist in a bubble. Far too many people base their shitty worldviews off media they consume, and damaging portrayals of TransPeople only helps to further that marginalization and discrimination they already face.

It doesn't even make sense from a self preservation angle. This game will be parsed through with a fine tooth comb. If there are more examples of Transphobia or even Racism.. this little nerd party definitely won't have a pot to piss in nor a leg to stand on in regards to criticism. (One could argue they already don't)

Why in the hell would you not try to jump in front it? Why not acknowledge the problems that are there and pledge to create a dialogue to counter those issues? That's why this shit blew up, because some just dont fucking care

The victim complex being developed over this is fucking laughable.

"I wanna enjoy the game!"

You already are and it's not even out yet. You comb every fucking site for every speck and crumb of information for this game. You watch every video. You joined your CP Discord server (which that's where y'all will be during the Launch Day OT Ban, you're most likely complaining about this situation now in there) You preordered the Collectors Edition, You preloaded the game. You will obsess over the Review Scores, and whine endlessly about outlets that score low...

Where the fuck are you not enjoying the game?

Oh, it's when People remind you about CDPRs shitty behavior and conduct, that's when you feel not allowed to enjoy the game.

What a fucking joke, that's transphobic as fuck to even dare make that statement. To even try to simulate oppression over being reminded that a video game you enjoy has shitty hurtful elements.

So many posters in this thread come across as baby shit soft. TransFolk live their lives on a daily basis with constant threats of outright Violence and Murder, Fetishization, Lack of Access to Medical Care, Discrimination, Ostracization not just from greater society but their own racial groups even. Quite simply damn near hated by everyone..

but y'all have the gall to whine about your entertainment being ruined over a real discussion?

A lot of you clearly wouldn't last a fucking day in the life of a transgender person.

Im not Trans. I don't have to be to fucking give a shit about their plight. I don't subscribe to this "ally" bullshit y'all love so much. I'm a part of the fight. I'm a part of the struggle for TransPeople to be seen and heard. I listen when I need to listen, I will speak when I need to speak. I don't talk over or talk for TransPeople, I echo them. And if one day I ever get it wrong, I will damn well make sure I don't ever make that fucking mistake again.

My only suggestion to TransERA, if anything, is that they are being TOO NICE. They spoke too obvious off site trolls at face value and good faith. They have constantly controlled their language to make the discussion more tolerable. They reached their hand out and some of you spat in it. You actually tried to take them for fools. And some of you had the fucking nerve to even go ahead and try to tone police them further. Absolutely utter bullshit.

I'm incensed over this shit, I hate seeing bigotry and the apathy over it with every fiber of my being. It's this lack of giving a fuck that leads to these situations in the first place. And the Gaming "Community" is full of this shit.

Gaming is not a little white boys club anymore (it never was). The industry and its patrons will continue to become more and more diverse. If studios and game products don't want to account for that, expect more "criticism" and "outrage". That "duck your head and stay in your lan bullshit is over. People will speak out. This entire forum is based off that concept but clearly for some it's a pick and choose thing. Y'all wanna scream about game pricing and dlc controversies, but bury your head in the sand over shit that affects real people

Fuck all of that.

It's situations like this that make people not want to associate with being a "Gamer". There's just too many people who portray themselves with infantile understanding, obsessive consumerism and absolute lack of empathy to make any association with that word appealing.

When will y'all actually mature into adults? Call me when that happens

Everyone is welcome to do so 💯

Status
Not open for further replies.