• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Their screwup today shows they still don't get what the trans community needs from this. Peace and love for all is not a proper response to a harassed group looking for direct reassurance that their problems won't be ignored. The fact that they didn't immediately apologize was another mistake. What's done is done, and it looks like they have lost the trust of the trans posters here that they can be trusted to present this issue with the seriousness it deserves in the OT.
So why did he say that Kyuuji was "purposely derailing" his thread today? Did he really learn anything?

See, this is why we don't believe him when he says everybody is welcome. He first says he doesn't believe CDPR is transphobic (back in August), then he tells the management team (in private) that he'll have something for trans people in the game's OT, then he doesn't answer the trans community in public asking if that will really happen, then he says it was all for peace and love, and finally that Kyuuji was "purposely derailing" his thread with transphobic warnings. In a very passive-aggressive tone. And during all of that, he never acknowledged the trans discussion or even encouraged people to look at it.

So to answer your question about what we want him to do: be empathetic. Signal boost. Encourage the discussion even if he doesn't want to participate in it. Instead, all he worries is with people "derailing" the thread.
I'm not seeing that anywhere?? It looks like he is talking about how he feels about it now.

He's didn't say "a conversation I was having with kyuuji where I thought she was going to purposefully derail one of my threads" he's says "she told me that she was going to purposefully derail one of my threads"
That's how I read it.

Do you believe how you read that is a proper representation of BC's character or the actions he has taken to include trans issues the company has in the OT that has been worked on for months?

It's obvious this PM has been discussed off site and several ppl made their mind up about BC BEFORE it was posted in this thread. If it was just that PM and BC didnt want to include anything in the OT about the issues, I would understand.

If I understand correctly, he not only told the mod team this. He actually showed something to the mod team as well and that said w/e it is in the OT is good. (I could be wrong on that).

I think ppl are jumping the gun saying the trans issues included into the OT won't do it justice. You won't know until it's posted.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
So why did he say that Kyuuji was "purposely derailing" his thread today? Did he really learn anything?

See, this is why we don't believe him when he says everybody is welcome. He first says he doesn't believe CDPR is transphobic (back in August), then he tells the management team (in private) that he'll have something for trans people in the game's OT, then he doesn't answer the trans community in public asking if that will really happen, then he says it was all for peace and love, and finally that Kyuuji was "purposely derailing" his thread with transphobic warnings. In a very passive-aggressive tone. And during all of that, he never acknowledged the trans discussion or even encouraged people to look at it.

So to answer your question about what we want him to do: be empathetic. Signal boost. Encourage the discussion even if he doesn't want to participate in it. Instead, all he worries is with people "derailing" the thread.
he said he thought they were derailing the thread not that they did....and honestly didn't seem to be super serious in that PM anyway.

again when you assume the worse of someone, its very easy to see it as this big gotcha moment when in reality its not.

Black Chamber has to make sure every single word of his posts are on point because he is now the CP77 guy to many and any slight slip up will lead credence to him not being on the up and up. And thus i don't blame him for simply sticking to shill posts lol.

IDK maybe he does hate that his precious threads are taken over by those damn bleeding hearts wanting rights and shit and is secretly a huge piece of shit. however like it or not, he still has not openly shown that IMO. Him thinking that some one was willingly going to shit up his threads about stuff he alledgedly didn't know about at the time is not the smoking gun yall think it is...especially since its source is dubious as fuck and against the rules of the board.

again he could be the bad guy yall think he is for all I know....but this is a reach to get there is all I am saying.

this does not mean Kyuuji is bad either. Not many people here are bad. Those who are...get dealt with as they should be. I think the issues are really important. But this road yall are on if it leads to banning the game, then trust me they won't get the spotlight you think it will. You can see it bubbling up now....

but again thats just me. I am nobody at the end of the day.

gonna go sit dow....

oh shit

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
See this shit right here. I am 100% not transphobic. I have a great amount of respect for transpeople. I've had massive arguments with close friends for being rude to transpeople. Attacking me and saying my thoughts on this matter is becuase I am transphobic is the exact shit I'm talking about.
Just because you aren't engaged in intentional, active transphobia doesn't mean you're not passively contributing to it. If a trans person is telling you that your actions, although unintentional, are harmful, they're probably harmful.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Issues that the trans community has with CyberPunk 2077 should occur in every single thread about CyberPunk 2077 that will be hosted on this site, full stop.

We know there are plenty of people who don't care. And guess what, those people who ACTUALLY don't care won't respond to anyone about it and will just engage with only game discussion.

and then get called out for doing just that in other threads. Ignoring the conversation seems to be worse than incorrectly engaging in it at this stage. I mean this whole thing started with OP half assing his response.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Shutting down the discussion of the issues surrounding the game is no better than shutting down discussion about the game itself.

You have to be able to talk about all of the negative aspects surrounding the game and the company. That's a given. I think probably 99% of the people in here would be fine with that. It's all of the personal attacks and the hateful assumptions that are being made towards the people who are excited for the game that is upsetting everyone I think. It's just not necessary.

I think the problem lies with the fact that the OP messed up, didn't provide the assurances the trans community needed, leading to a feeling of betrayal and frustration and then the thread got locked. Meanwhile on the transphobia thread a bunch of trolls cruelly antagonized the trans community for caring about this issue. Then the thread reopens and the person who started all this is lionized and praised for their work in hyping a game instead of treating the cause of the closure with any degree of seriousness or respect.

The fact that OP didn't make the first post and apologize sucked, and it has spiraled from there. The answer to this issue to is treat the pain and anxiety of the trans community with some degree of empathy and respect rather then just immediately ignoring it and becoming a hype thread again. I'm sorry to rant so much in this thread, but it is frustrating to see so many people empathize with the OP and not the people they hurt.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Left for a while and returned. Wasn't the OT discussion done and over with hours ago? Didn't people clarify that Trans issues are being included in the thread? So much headshaking at all this.
OP kept dodging questions on how the trans community's concerns were going to be addressed in the OT, and then this PM from a few months ago surfaced in response to Kyuuji respectfully saying that they were going to make a post in the OT to help raise awareness of CDPR's issues, which now casts their responses to the trans community's concerns as being in bad faith.
YRxgJMf.png

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and then get called out for doing just that in other threads. Ignoring the conversation seems to be worse than incorrectly engaging in it at this stage. I mean this whole thing started with OP half assing his response.

The amount of people in this thread and in the spoiler thread who have just talked about the game only and haven't been called out far outweighs the amount of people who have been called out.

And every person I have seen who has been called out has rightfully been called out. Come the fuck on with this take.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think the problem lies with the fact that the OP messed up, didn't provide the assurances the trans community needed, leading to a feeling of betrayal and frustration and then the thread got locked. Meanwhile on the transphobia thread a bunch of trolls cruelly antagonized them for caring about this issue. Then the thread reopens and the person who started all this is lionized and praised for their work in hyping a game instead of treating the cause of the closure with any degree of seriousness or respect.

The fact that OP didn't make the first post and apologize sucked, and it has spiralled from there. The answer to this issue to is treat the pain and anxiety of the trans community with some degree of empathy and respect rather then just immediately ignoring it and becoming a hype thread again. I'm sorry to rant so much in this thread, but it is frustrating to see so many people empathize with the OP and not the people they hurt.

This, totally, it isn't hard to understand no one wants the moon on a stick.
Just a moments empathy during a sensitive moment before going all in with "Back to hype"

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Discussion about the issues trans people have about this game's imagery, marketing and its developers should not be shut down. They should be listened to and respected by everyone, period.
Absolutely.

Meta discussion about the thread or individual posters not constantly engaging with it in every post is not useful in any way though and needs to stop.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
See this shit right here. I am 100% not transphobic. I have a great amount of respect for transpeople. I've had massive arguments with close friends for being rude to transpeople. Attacking me and saying my thoughts on this matter is becuase I am transphobic is the exact shit I'm talking about.
You're telling people to take their concerns about transphobia(which is allowed in this thread) somewhere else so you and others can enjoy the game in peace. I'm sure you can see why people would have a problem with that and see it as downplaying their issues,

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I am 100% not transphobic.
As an additional note, why is it you that gets to dictate that rather than the people who would potentially be the target of your transphobia?

I'm not trans either; I can strive to avoid being transphobic, but that demands that I listen to concerns and be aware of them, which in turn demands that I don't shout down those concerns.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Even when you list the 'things' going on you put dogpiling and personal attacks before trans rights.

You can't make this shit up. Or you can.
I can't even tell if you're being serious. That's how crazy this thread has gotten for the last few pages.

In case you are actually being serious right now though I didn't put them in any particular order. Trying to pretend that the order I placed things in while I made my very obvious joke post is some kind of proof of how I feel about trans rights is absolutely ridiculous.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
The idea that as long as you're polite it's okay to be discriminatory or at the very least unwilling to even acknowledge the issues that have plagued this company for years is absurd. The people getting banned for being upset for being dehumanized because they were rude is tone policing nonsense. I honestly don't know how people are supposed to react?!

I urge the moderation staff instead of worrying more about rudeness and potentially driving away people creating OTs to worry about the precedence being set here. Over and over marginalized people have left this site because of how they've been treated. As a community, inclusivity isn't just saying we hear you and then continuing to ignore what people are saying. The whole thing is really cynical and what's wrong with liberalism at least where I live. Where it's more important to say the right things than do them.

Trans rights are human rights. Stop this milquetoast support and the "I understand but". There is no but. No game is worth the suffering of a marginalized community. Just because it doesn't directly affect you doesn't mean you shouldn't care. You should. Self awareness is hard and all of us cis people have a lot to learn. But you gotta start by listening and through tolerance.

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
That's how I read it.
how are you reading it like that, nothing in his post supports that reading. Putting words in his mouth doesn't support your point.

Do you believe how you read that is a proper representation of BC's character or the actions he has taken to include trans issues the company has in the OT that has been worked on for months?

It's obvious this PM has been discussed off site and several ppl made their mind up about BC BEFORE it was posted in this thread. If it was just that PM and BC didnt want to include anything in the OT about the issues, I would understand.
this is some conspiracy theory level thinking, like, multiple people come to a similar conclusion that differs from yours and it must be because they're out having secret conversations to try and mischaracteristise someone? extend the same benefit of the doubt you give to BC to the people criticising him. Perhaps they have a unique perspective that gives them this different view.

the unique perspective is respecting trans people/not being cp2077 hypemonsters

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of people in this thread and in the spoiler thread who have just talked about the game only and haven't been called out far outweighs the amount of people who have been called out.

And every person I have seen who has been called out has rightfully been called out. Come the fuck on with this take.
people were mad that when the thread reopened that people went right back to talking about the game. The only problem was the stupid thank you posts IMO. Some people deserve the call out for sure but lets not act like simply talking about the game is something people want. The spoiler thread is probably only safe because its the spoiler thread in which many are avoiding. I can guarantee that once/if the OT is out and people are simply talking about the game while actively or untintintionally ignoring the trans rights issue posts...people are going to feel some type of way.

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even tell if you're being serious. That's how crazy this thread has gotten for the last few pages.

In case you are actually being serious right now though I didn't put them in any particular order. Trying to pretend that the order I placed things in while I made my very obvious joke post is some kind of proof of how I feel about trans rights is absolutely ridiculous.
that you put trans rights on the same level as hyukin' it up about sitting in your joke post at all is kinda tasteless imo.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
he said he thought they were derailing the thread not that they did....and honestly didn't seem to be super serious in that PM anyway.

again when you assume the worse of someone, its very easy to see it as this big gotcha moment when in reality its not.

Black Chamber has to make sure every single word of his posts are on point because he is now the CP77 guy to many and any slight slip up will lead credence to him not being on the up and up. And thus i don't blame him for simply sticking to shill posts lol.

IDK maybe he does hate that his precious threads are taken over by those damn bleeding hearts wanting rights and shit and is secretly a huge piece of shit. however like it or not, he still has not openly shown that IMO. Him thinking that some one was willingly going to shit up his threads about stuff he alledgedly didn't know about at the time is not the smoking gun yall think it is...especially since its source is dubious as fuck and against the rules of the board.

again he could be the bad guy yall think he is for all I know....but this is a reach to get there is all I am saying.

this does not mean Kyuuji is bad either. Not many people here are bad. Those who are...get dealt with as they should be. I think the issues are really important. But this road yall are on if it leads to banning the game, then trust me they won't get the spotlight you think it will. You can see it bubbling up now....

but again thats just me. I am nobody at the end of the day.

gonna go sit dow....

oh shit
He said this today:
That is from a PM conversation I was having with Kyuuji after she told me that she was going to purposefully derail one of my threads.

That was also before I was educated on everything that CDPR has done in the past.
So when you say "he said he thought they were derailing the thread not that they did"... That's not actually true. As you can see, he did say it. Not 4 months ago. Today. Just an hour or so ago.

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
This whole situation is a reminder of how important good communication is.

It's easy to see why the Trans community could feel unsafe and unheard. It certainly rubbed me the wrong way especially when it seemed the solution was so obvious.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
that you put trans rights on the same level as hyukin' it up about sitting in your joke post at all is kinda tasteless imo.
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way. but considering how utterly ridiculous everything is been for the last few pages I didn't really see anything wrong with it.

If you want a more serious post of mine regarding how I feel about all of this then there is one several posts above this one.

Oct 14, 2019

Language is how we communicate. Whether it be written, spoken, sign, etc.

Context matters. I don't care what you intended, what you presented is what is valid and what matters.

It's gross.

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way. but considering how utterly ridiculous everything is been for the last few pages I didn't really see anything wrong with it.

If you want a more serious post of mine regarding how I feel about all of this then there is one several posts above this one.

yeah I've seen your posts, they don't sway me at all.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
After reading some of Hobbes impressions in the spoiler thread I'm leaning more towards high 80s to low 90s. It seems like CDPR managed to really make a much more tightly focused narrative going by the time it took them to beat the main story. As someone fatigued from open world bloat this is music to my ears. I just hope all the side quests in total provide a comparable length to the main story.
I haven't read anything, previews or early impressions. It's just gut feeling. And I hope I'm wrong, I would like a MC 92.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
I'm excited for the game. I feel the cyberpunk OT should stay open to discuss all issues with the game. If members only want to talk about the game and not engage with trans members on the issues, you can't force them. Until more empathy is shown towards trans people, nothing will change. Question for my trans members on era. Does a trans person want or need cis acceptance to be happy?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
people were mad that when the thread reopened that people went right back to talking about the game. The only problem was the stupid thank you posts IMO. Some people deserve the call out for sure but lets not act like simply talking about the game is something people want. The spoiler thread is probably only safe because its the spoiler thread in which many are avoiding. I can guarantee that once/if the OT is out and people are simply talking about the game while actively or unintentionally ignoring the trans rights issue posts...people are going to feel some type of way.

"The only problem" as if it was some tiny thing, it was near constant backslapping and welcoming OP back as if they had been released from prison. Then OP finally piped up only referring back to their personal cheerleaders and giving some mealy mouthed "Love to all" and a smattering of emoji and a big flashing gif for hype. That felt a slap in the face to those who had been ignored for so long prior to the lock.

You know what would have been nice and wouldn't have gotten people banned for "joining in" like you fear, maybe some of the rest of the Cyberpunk Hype crowd spending a page or two saying, "This is daft, lets just reach out to them and let them know they are wanted and loved" before going back to their tone deaf cheerleading, and even nicer doing that because they want to be as welcome as their proclaim before others get upset and guilt them into it.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm excited for the game. I feel the cyberpunk OT should stay open to discuss all issues with the game. If members only want to talk about the game and not engage with trans members on the issues, you can't force them. Until more empathy is shown towards trans people, nothing will change. Question for my trans members on era. Does a trans person want or need cis acceptance to be happy?
We are human just like you? What we need varies from person to person, their is no yes or no answer to this question.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Let's look at it this way: have you ever felt ignored, discounted, second-placed? Like your concerns don't matter? Like people don't engage with them?

Trans people feel like that all the time. Every minute of every day, their concerns are made secondary or tertiary. Erased entirely. And in this thread and others like it, their concerns are being dismissed in favor of marketing hype for a video game that isn't even out yet.

Can you see why that would bother people? Why it would make them upset? There is no easy answer to your question, but the fact remains that the barest amount of effort could've been shown to make the trans members of the community not feel alienated and like they don't exist at all. Instead they're being treated like gadflies, annoyances to be shrugged off.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

We are all human, we all have the same desires, or different desires.

You know what would be nice, would be people treating each other with respect, and understanding why your fellow community members are sad and hurting and reaching out to them first in a sign of love and welcoming before doing that to a pigging games company.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
User banned (3 months): dismissive commentary over several posts, hostility, ignoring the staff post guidelines
I'm not trying to avoid it. I'm saying it Should 100% take place. But not in every single last thread

Don't bother, it's not going to happen here. Join their forums (cdpr,) a Reddit forum or a million online gaming sites if you want to discuss the game and the game only. The community her⁰e will make sure their voice about the issues is heard loud so it drowns out the game talk. Take the L and chat elsewhere if you don't agree with the issues

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
User Banned (permanent): Transphobia, bigotry
He said this today:

So when you say "he said he thought they were derailing the thread not that they did"... That's not actually true. As you can see, he did say it. Not 4 months ago. Today. Just an hour or so ago.
That was in reference to the PM conversation Kyuuji and I had - that conversation we had was 4 months ago.

Jun 6, 2020
IMO, the best course of action now is to probably ban discussion of the game. Some feel that discussing this game w/o even a mention of issues is pretty insensitive and tone deaf. I don't know how you get around that, but maybe the feelings of trans people matter more than a video game.

There are plenty of other places to discuss this game on the web. It doesn't have to be here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
how are you reading it like that, nothing in his post supports that reading. Putting words in his mouth doesn't support your point.
No use in discussing that then.
this is some conspiracy theory level thinking, like, multiple people come to a similar conclusion that differs from yours and it must be because they're out having secret conversations to try and mischaracteristise someone? extend the same benefit of the doubt you give to BC to the people criticising him. Perhaps they have a unique perspective that gives them this different view.

the unique perspective is respecting trans people/not being cp2077 hypemonsters
It's not conspiracy theory. Kyuu admitted to sharing the pm and I doubt whoever posted the PM, that was their first time sharing it. Only the first time it was publicly shown on era. Also i didnt say it was done to purposely mischaracterize, only that ppl labeled him something based on that without seeing the growth.

Throughout this thread multiple people made assumptions that BC was this or that. People quoted that saying something along the lines of "in these threads BC has shown nothing but support".

I also may be misreading this post:
Even worse than how it was described. Yikes indeed 😬
This post was in response to the PM being posted. Was the pm described in this thread beforehand? Im sorry if I missed it. A lot of stuff going on in this thread.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that OP didn't make the first post and apologize sucked, and it has spiraled from there. The answer to this issue to is treat the pain and anxiety of the trans community with some degree of empathy and respect rather then just immediately ignoring it and becoming a hype thread again. I'm sorry to rant so much in this thread, but it is frustrating to see so many people empathize with the OP and not the people they hurt.

I'm not going to pretend that I know the right approach to make a judgment on every aspect of the issue, but I think this is probably one of the best ways to put it.

It's clear that a lack of sufficient empathy put the game above the feelings of a vulnerable community when they were seeking assurances and it should have been the other way around. Something that should have been simple, on paper, became an additional source of frustration. That's made several of their members feel worse and that is still true even with the most generous reading of the situation, which is not looking like it can entirely stand by this point.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That was in reference to the PM conversation Kyuuji and I had - that conversation we had was 4 months ago.

But you said "she told me that she was going to purposefully derail one of my threads." TODAY! Not 4 months ago, today, you framed her PM as that TODAY! Her PM which she posted which was nice and polite and friendly and as others have said Pertinent to the game so in no way a derailment.

You called it that today.

Nov 2, 2017

Khrn is referencing the post you made today in response to the PM, not the contents of the PM from 4 months ago.

It's strange, it's like you're not really reading and comprehending the problems that people are pointing out and are jumping straight to defensiveness. I sure hope there's not some documented history of this exact behavior in the near-recent-past.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but you still said today that she was going to be purposely derailing your thread.

Also, do you believe the company is transphobic today? If so, considering you said you wouldn't support them if they were, why are you supporting now? Is that a case of buying the product because you want to play even though you condemn the behavior? Or do you still believe they're not transphobic?

It's a genuine question.

Oct 28, 2017
But you said "she told me that she was going to purposefully derail one of my threads." TODAY! Not 4 months ago, today, you framed her PM as that TODAY! Her PM which she posted which was nice and polite and friendly and as others have said Pertinent to the game so in no way a derailment.

You called it that today.

Where was this posted?

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere in what Kyuuji said to you did I get the vibe that she was going to "purposefully derail" your OT. Why are you willfully misrepresenting it as such? Is that how you perceive the discussion that will inevitably occur in the OT regarding CDPR's shitty record with LGBT people? As a thread derail?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Khrn is referencing the post you made today in response to the PM, not the contents of the PM from 4 months ago.

It's strange, it's like you're not really reading and comprehending the problems that people are pointing out and are jumping straight to defensiveness. I sure hope there's not some documented history of this exact behavior in the near-recent-past.

Twice in one night to channel my inner Blanche, I am lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.