• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 26, 2018
DfsQJ8EW0AIN81B.jpg

I want to frame this photo and put it on a frickin wall. Cyberpunk 2077 and Connor all in the same shot, in a bar full of neon.

Help me, I'm dying of joy.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I really hope CDPR dont end up having to censor / remove a lot of their content in the final game.

I'm just worried the ESRB may crack down on them a bit considering one of the most common themes through the impressions is the amount of nudity / violence / language.

Luckily CDPR have their own store so even if steam has a cencored version I'm sure they would offer and uncensored/DRM free version on their own store.

Would suck for consoles tho.

For once I can be happy, in terms of video games, that I live in Germany. This game will be absolutely fine over here. Nudity? Hahahaha.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk

I'm not sure if I've ever seen such unanimous awe among the press after a behind closed doors demo like this. I've even talked to a couple people off the record about it, and what you are seeing in videos isn't even doing it justice in terms of how shook people are overall leaving this demo.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Real talk

I'm not sure if I've ever seen such unanimous awe among the press after a behind closed doors demo like this. I've even talked to a couple people off the record about it, and what you are seeing in videos isn't even doing it justice in terms of how shook people are overall leaving this demo.

Sounds like game of the forever material to me

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I've been checking impressions all day and the praise has been unreal. I was slightly down after the re-reveal due the perceived tone change and FPS only confirmation but good god a couple of videos I've seen turned me around back to be very excited

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
From what I'm hearing / seeing if the demo is actually indicative of what the final product will be, yeah it looks like CDPR is delivering another genre defining experience

No hyperbole
When one of the publications I saw cited here said, "There will be a before and after Cyberpunk", I knew that if CDPR pulls this off, they will be forever cemented in Videogames canon forever.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
This is quite a different place than Spore was (though I wasn't involved in the industry back then like I am now)

Basically, either this demo is entirely faked, which I find unlikely, or CDPR have possibly surpassed even than what they accomplished on W3

Spore was getting all kinds of crazy "I've seen the future of gaming." statements when it was demoed.
I'm not saying Cyberpunk is like that but this kind of media hyperbole isn't unprecedented.

That said though I think Cyberpunk will be incredible.
I'm a bit cautious with CDPR since Witcher 3 didn't ever hit that first reveal but I also think they are very aware of the backlash they got from that and won't make the same mistake twice

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DfsQJ8EW0AIN81B.jpg

I want to frame this photo and put it on a frickin wall. Cyberpunk 2077 and Connor all in the same shot, in a bar full of neon.

Help me, I'm dying of joy.
I know it's so freaking awesome!

Spore was getting all kinds of crazy "I've seen the future of gaming." statements when it was demoed.
I'm not saying Cyberpunk is like that but this kind of media hyperbole isn't unprecedented.

That said though I think Cyberpunk will be incredible.
I'm a bit cautious with CDPR since Witcher 3 didn't ever hit that first reveal but I also think they are very aware of the backlash they got from that and won't make the same mistake twice
Funny enough

https://store.steampowered.com/app/17390/SPORE/

9/10 wonder what changed, mods?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
so why aint non of these impressions talking about graphics? not one i have seen mention if the scenes we have seen in the trailer resembles the gameplay graphics.

would be fun to know how a like they are

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Real talk

Red Dead Redemption 2 has gained a similar reception among the press after the closed door demo presentation.

Last edited:

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so why aint non of these impressions talking about graphics? not one i have seen mention if the scenes we have seen in the trailer resembles the gameplay graphics.

would be fun to know how a like they are

Bloodworth from Easy Allies pretty much said that what you see in the trailer is what they saw in the demo, just with slightly worse IQ

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
To note: what they mentioned was that it didn't look as perfectly clean as the trailer was, but the game looked essentially the same. Every trailer is rendered at a higher resolution + a shitton of AA, it's normal.

Yea that trailer is probably not rendered in 'realtime', but in some crazy resolution at 5 fps or something. But cleaning up the image quality is something that is being done in the later stages of development most of the time.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The irony of that article is funny, given his reaction to the trailer.

Yea that trailer is probably not rendered in 'realtime', but in some crazy resolution at 5 fps or something. But cleaning up the image quality is something that is being done in the later stages of development most of the time.
Per Digital Foundry it's not THAT crazy. I have a feelings that some of it is real-time and other's parts are clearly not aka Female V in the alleyway, holding up with the drone searching for her. If that makes any sense. But that's just me.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Wasn't today the last showing, is there any hope they will release the gameplay after that. That they only want to show certain segments. Keep the dream alive.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't today the last showing, is there any hope they will release the gameplay after that. That they only want to show certain segments. Keep the dream alive.
I take solace in the fact that they won't be dead as a door knob anymore, on social media. They want to keep the communication going at least.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Fuuuuck this all makes me want to reply Witcher 3.

That game's open world was something special. Novigrad is a thing of beauty.

Can't wait. CDPR are close to Nintendo EAD, Rockstar, Naughty Dogs GOAT Tier.

Oct 27, 2017
David Cage is 'impressed' by Cyberpunk and said there's no need to make a Nomad Soul 2, since CDProjekt already did it a million times better:

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
This is quite a different place than Spore was (though I wasn't involved in the industry back then like I am now)

Basically, either this demo is entirely faked, which I find unlikely, or CDPR have possibly surpassed even than what they accomplished on W3
Which is crazy considering how good Witcher 3 was.
Fuuuuck this all makes me want to reply Witcher 3.

That game's open world was something special. Novigrad is a thing of beauty.

Can't wait. CDPR are close to Nintendo EAD, Rockstar, Naughty Dogs GOAT Tier.
Me too I've been considering doing my NG+ playthrough.

Bricks

"This guy are sick"
Nov 6, 2017
I wonder if the "jaw-dropping ultra violence" will result with a similar outrage to TLOU2's trailers.

Honestly, I don't think so. What makes the violence in TLOU so striking, I reckon, is the extremely grim and somber tone the game has overall. Reading some impressions, Cyberpunk may be even more violent, but the context is quite different. I think it will be more 'stylish', for lack of a better word, than anything

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's this whole privileged behind closed doors teasing crap! Show us gameplay or stop teasing. :(
Who teasing? your just reading and can't stay away. :o

It looks like CP2077 got all the awards from media outlets.
Dfs4PjfUwAAgGbd.jpg

DfuQH6uUEAA7DKr.jpg:large
Do they have any stickers left? jesus.

Although, what really matters is the end results for any studio and the public. Its still awesome to see, this getting the seal of approval. At least in this instance. Given CD's beginnings as a virtual nobody.

Last edited:

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the "jaw-dropping ultra violence" will result with a similar outrage to TLOU2's trailers.

I read someone saying its almost Soldier of fortune level of violence, not sure I believe its THAT much but damn if it is even close then its gonne be bloody.
Nextgen seems to be gen of gore with RE2 remake and all.
And I love it, finally some games with proper gore.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The reaction to TLoU2's violence isn't just that it's very graphic and violent. It's also because of all the effort ND has clearly put into the way they frame the violence, as well as making it look and feel extremely realistic.

It's the same reason why movie scenes like the stabbing scene in saving private ryan, or the curb stomp from american history x are as uncomfortable and sweat inducing as they are compared to countless other movie murder scenes that feature much more blood or gore.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
They were saying Deus ex crossed with GTA and a touch of Skyrim on giantbomb. But even they said the comparison was more because it's taking elements from so many different things. I do wish it was more of a sombre bladerunner tone than the "rah rah" we got though. But I'll take it lol

i mean i'm still holding out hope that the tone will be more somber at the right moments. the trailer was very actiony and dialed up to eleven, but if cyberpunk is going to be as big as the witcher 3 it would get boring if the tone stays one note during a 50+ hour story right? i really hope cdpr writes a great story with a lot of cool characters, that's their bread and butter so i would be very disappointed if cyberpunk doesn't have a strong narrative

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
They were saying Deus ex crossed with GTA and a touch of Skyrim on giantbomb. But even they said the comparison was more because it's taking elements from so many different things. I do wish it was more of a sombre bladerunner tone than the "rah rah" we got though. But I'll take it lol
i mean i'm still holding out hope that the tone will be more somber at the right moments. the trailer was very actiony and dialed up to eleven, but if cyberpunk is going to be as big as the witcher 3 it would get boring if the tone stays one note during a 50+ hour story right? i really hope cdpr writes a great story with a lot of cool characters, that's their bread and butter so i would be very disappointed if cyberpunk doesn't have a strong narrative
A lot of the video preview discussion talked about this. That the world felt oppressive, that you felt disposable and that it didn't have the feeling of a power fantasy but like powerful individuals that you interacted with like megacorp execs and the Trauma Team could crush you in an instant if you got on their bad side. That the mission they saw was brutal and disturbing, even just getting new augmentations installed had elements of body horror and didn't look like it wasn't completely framed as being cool. Cool yes but also unsettling

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Oh yeah, expect nothing less than quality of Witcher 3. They've been reminding some concerned fans about Witcher 3 during the interviews a lot and what to expect. Witcher 3 executed many different tones well, there was comedy, drama, action and even bit of horror. I'm sure there's room for it all in Cyberpunk 2077 too.

Last edited: