• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Will the PS5 free upgrade going to include your current save file?

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
To be honest, the highest-end PC version which I assumed was shown today didn't look notably above current-gen games (a lot of pop-in both in the Badlands as well as within the city). It's more on the content volume side of things that will likely impress as they pointed out there not being any filler quests in this game. I'm expecting an enormous amount of unique content.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Nah, I'll just wait till they release the "next gen patch" in 2021and get the game for under half the cost. Not like I don't have other stuff to play.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
We already knew this but cool nonetheless - was hoping they were going to announce a timeframe on the next gen versions

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
This kind of stuff should just be assumed by now because you're going to look like an asshole if you charge for an upgrade when other people are doing it for free.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Games dont actually have a PS4 or Xbox One logo during start up.

So I still dont see why they don't just put the PS4 disc and give it a PS5 label and cover. If the system gives it an automatic resolution bump and framerate boost, that would be perfectly fine. Call the actual PS5 version in a year the remaster version.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
This kind of stuff should just be assumed by now because you're going to look like an asshole if you charge for an upgrade when other people are doing it for free.

Yeah, feels like MS pushing it made it a thing, and no one is going to be the asshole who opts out, or tries to charge for a PS5 upgrade when they don't for an Xbox one. Even EA after opting out of the formal Smart Delivery program for Madden still caved and offered some limited free upgrade path

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, feels like MS pushing it made it a thing, and no one is going to be the asshole who opts out, or tries to charge for a PS5 upgrade when they don't for an Xbox one. Even EA after opting out of the formal Smart Delivery program for Madden still caved and offered some limited free upgrade path

That is the beauty of what MS is doing. They are using soft power to push this as a norm.

That is great for the consumer.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I missed the playstation confirmation, and seeing this (and reading the Eurogamer ariticle linked above) is a giant sigh of relief.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Definitely getting this for next gen console, next year. By then, a few patches would have been introduced for a better overall experience.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Will the PS5 free upgrade going to include your current save file?
We don't know just yet.
So I still dont see why they don't just put the PS4 disc and give it a PS5 label and cover. If the system gives it an automatic resolution bump and framerate boost, that would be perfectly fine.
If cyberpunk uses dynamic resolution you'll probably get the max resolution and 30FPS without drops. I think Sony never announced if they are able to push a 30FPS game to 60FPS with their BC method.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, the highest-end PC version which I assumed was shown today didn't look notably above current-gen games (a lot of pop-in both in the Badlands as well as within the city). It's more on the content volume side of things that will likely impress as they pointed out there not being any filler quests in this game. I'm expecting an enormous amount of unique content.
Yeah disappointed as well. Seems like it uses none of the DX12 Ultimate features and it seems like RT is not used for reflections, it really shows.

Maybe they really concentrate on the current gen experience now and delivering next gen features later, on PCs as well.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying it on PC, but I also got it for "free" with the LE console purchase. So, if I do get an XBSX, I'll get a free upgrade too. :)

aeroslash

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah disappointed as well. Seems like it uses none of the DX12 Ultimate features and it seems like RT is not used for reflections, it really shows.

Maybe they really concentrate on the current gen experience now and delivering next gen features later, on PCs as well.

Yeah.. and as the previous poster said, the pop in in the city and outside is quite noticeable. It surprised me quite a bit, as i don't remeber the witcher 3 having this level of pop-in.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Would like to grab this at next gen launch and then do a new game plus run after the "full" upgrades come out

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
So if I buy this digitally for Xbox, will I also be able to play this on PC? Or is that unknown at this point?

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely getting this for next gen console, next year. By then, a few patches would have been introduced for a better overall experience.
Same, & on the plus side it doesn't seem like it'll be a situation where I have to rush to play it at launch to avoid massive spoilers like in RDR or TLoU.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they're questioning why a version of a game is sold separately, i think we got so used to it that we never really asked why. Hopefully, this will be the norm, starting with next gen and future gens. MS pushing for universal cross play is great too, the industry seems like they've been waiting for someone to own it, now its becoming an expectation.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's great, but I wish devs which confirmed support like this also commented on carrying your saves with you. I'd imagine a decent amount of people would care less if it means they'd lose a save file they've spend tens if not hundreds of hours on.