• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Announced at the panel.

This, alongside that Manhattan sequel series means that the Mouse House actually seems to give a shit about the IP! Hope it's good.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Is that other series definitely confirmed?

This sounds cool either way. The ABC show was incredible and will one day be rightly seen for the high point it was.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
This is the best announcement of the day... now bring back the Muppets series from a few years ago.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is weird. I wonder if Muppets Live Another Day (Scripted musical series) isn't happening now? The pilot was really good, so I hope they just haven't announced it yet.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They also don't own the rights to any Muppet movies before 2005, I don't think. So don't expect to see those on Disney+.

I think there's only three Muppet movies they don't own. Manhattan, Muppets from Space, and Kermit's Swamp Years. Guess what friendly neighborhood studio owns those three?

Also, does Disney or Henson own this show? I would love to rewatch it!

latest

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe that people hate the ABC series. I got more solid laughs out of that show than pretty much any other sitcom of the last 10 years.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
wow y"all really liked that awful office Muppets? the show was nothing like what Henson would have done with these characters

Last edited:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
wow y"all really liked that awful office Muppets? the show was nothing like what Henson would have done with these characters

I don't really like what they had to do to the characters to make them work in the edgy mockumentary format, but having rewatched it very recently I thought it was still a pretty funny show.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...yeah okay.

I love the muppets, but the fact they dont have their own early in night time variety show nowadays on ABC or something makes no sense.

Disney's nonmovie usage of the Muppets is iffy at best but here's to hoping. Short form and unscripted has me doubtful.