Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Will include four players local multiplayer, and save will carry over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downloading as soon as I get home from work.

This is the game I'm looking forward to the most this month.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'm really interested in experiencing the build improvements on this one for myself, since a lot apparently changed from the Prototype Missions demo we got earlier this year. I'll download once I get home from work tonight.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i KNEW DxM was going to be in this direct! with that, DxM has been in 5 consecutive directs, a record for sure.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, I want to wait for the actual game but I won't be able to say no to a new demo...

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Will jump in as soon as it is available. Glad they are letting progress carry over to full release.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo really wants this to succeed, don't they?

I don't think it will, sadly :( but I'm willing to give it a go!

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
Looking forward to it. I don't doubt that it'll be a smoother experience than last time, but here's hoping it has the polish and gets the marketing it needs.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Time to download the demo!
Game has potential, but I fear controls may be too cluncky for me.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
maxresdefault.jpg

Japan Trailer Up:

Among the announcements from today's Nintendo Direct was this. I know a lot of people (such as myself) are sleeping on this, so I thought I'd make the thread to let people know the Prologue demo is up and to see what everyone thinks of it! I'll include the trailer in the thread when the trailer is up on Youtube.

To get to the demo:
Go on Daemon X Machina's Page, under proceed to purchase there's a Download Demo button, hit that.

Last edited:

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Downloading now. Hoping it's better than that prototype we got. Never have gotten into a mech game before.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Passively interested in this so I'm glad for the demo.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was the "Offers In-Game Purchases" tag always on the store page? I'm out if they're trying to sell me microtransactions.

Apr 21, 2018
I almost don't want to download because I'm afraid I'll like it and want to buy it and Switchtember just got Switchembered in the direct and my wallet just can't handle it.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up! Been waiting for an updated demo since I didn't own a Switch when the original one came out.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Nice! My highlight of the direct for sure. Can't wait to see how it's improved.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Thoughts so far:
  • Character Creation is pretty neat.
  • Music is pretty good.
  • The FPS looks a lot more stable than I expected, but I'm worried about the online and how it runs FPS wise
  • The artstyle is pretty good, reminds me of a more comic-esque type art (sort of like MUA3)
  • The voice acting isn't terrible english wise.
  • I like the debriefing they do before each mission so far.
  • Cutscenes are actually really good, including in mission cutscenes
Personal Complaint:

I know these are counter-able because they have an ingame accessible manual at all times. So, it just takes learning and reading really. It's just a little overwhelming, but I bet this one of those things that'll come naturally 5-6 hours into the game.
  • How much there is on the UI / How much there is the memorize on the minimap
  • The controls (so far) are something I'm still figuring out how to smoothly play with
Actual Complaint:
  • Also loading in between missions sometimes stutters (at least two or so missions in) but it's only once or twice.
    • My biggest worry for this is the game (potentially) crashing loading into missions and such.
  • FPS does drop a bit when facing the big Mecha Boss in the second mission.
As someone who didn't play the original demo, what were the main complaints of the first one?

Last edited:

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Finished the demo, I like this so much more than I thought I would, I can't even lie about that. I might actually get this day one and play through it before Link's Awakening. These might be the two I walk out of September with lol

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Wish it had online co-op as well but I'm glad the progress will carry over. Awesome job with the demos on Switch lately.