manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
200w.gif

Still one of the coolest music projects I can think of, and for a 10/10 all time album. Would be cool to get a 4K or updated blu-ray release but no idea who has the rights anymore.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Still have my blu ray copy, fantastic film that does a brilliant job of telling its story with no dialogue.

Glad that my personal favourite album has such a stunning visual accompaniment.

Happy 20th, Interstella!

Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunate there's no good modern home release for this, the Blu-ray is a ghosting mess as they didn't handle the interlaced video well

Nakho

Nov 1, 2017
I remember watching this in the Locomotion channel as a kid and being shocked at some death scene. Same place and timeframe where I watched Evangelion so... thanks for the trauma? Jk

AliceAmber

Don't dream it, be it
Administrator
May 2, 2018
It's so good. I finally watched it a few years ago and was blown away.

Deleted member 130345

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 17, 2023
It's a sin this hasn't gotten a proper remaster yet, the Blu-ray looks so bad, I'm not sure you can even call that HD sadly. 20 year anniversary feels like a perfect excuse for a re-release and yet we got nothing 🥲

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish we saw more projects like this.

Are AMV's still a thing? They were pretty popular back in the day but now that I think of it, haven't see one in ages.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those "wouldn't it be amazing if they did a ...." things in pop culture that you would never expect to happen but actually did and it was perfect

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the bluray looks terrible. I was so excited to get it, and then horrified at how bad it looked. It deserves way better.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
hmmmm I should get my set of Interstella 5555 figures out of storage to celebrate

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It was such an awesome project back then.

Probably nothing to be done about the video quality on bluray, I imagine it was made digitally in SD like so many anime productions of the early 2000s.

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Right? He's literally listed along Daft Punk in part of the "title". "Daft Punk and Leiji Matsumoto's"
Headers can only be so long, and the idea was to get as many people in this thread as possible. He's mentioned on the poster in the OP, and I didn't mention Daft Punk anywhere at all except the thread title. Maybe I shouldn't have even created the thread :/

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Ohh boy it's been a while since I've last seen it. I vibe with the whole thing but Superheroes is still one of my favorites songs ever. Just always gives me energy.

DJ88

Oct 26, 2017
I watched and loved the One More time video for years, always imaging what happened after the cliffhanger.

I'll never forget the day I discovered there was a whole film length answer to what came after.

Easily one of the coolest projects ever.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I remember watching this for the first time in Latin America when I was a kid. I thought it was the coolest shit ever. I wanted to know so bad what anime it was lol.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
This was such a cool project and I have been fan of Leiji's stuff since I was a kid. RIP Leiji Matsumoto.

Jul 27, 2021
United Kingdom
What an incredible album.

I still believe the first 5 tracks are one of the best first 5 tracks in almost any album ever created. You've got One More Time > Aerodynamic > Digital Love > Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger > Cresendolls.

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018
That's where I first saw Daft Punk, and Gorillaz, for the first time. Loved both ever since.

It's interesting, I think back in 2001 Daft Punk and Gorillaz were kind of associated acts because both had animated music videos. I remember sveral people who were like 'I like Daft Punk! And Gorillas as well'. Even though there is no musical similarity between both.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's interesting, I think back in 2001 Daft Punk and Gorillaz were kind of associated acts because both had animated music videos. I remember sveral people who were like 'I like Daft Punk! And Gorillas as well'. Even though there is no musical similarity between both.
I remember MTV had some "Versus" show where viewers could vote for a band over the other, while music videos from both were playing. And it was usually Daft Punk vs. Gorillaz, cause they were animated.

Kasai

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Interstella 5555 is probably the first piece of animated media that truly spoke to me and told me the medium could be more.

Also the part where the guy is just doing spaceship chores during Digital Love has always stuck with me

Nov 4, 2017
My five year old daughter absolutely loves this movie, "Harder Better Faster Stronger" is one of her favourite songs. I love watching it with her because she goes through all the emotions of the story and asks me clarifying questions about the plot/characters.

I really wish they'd do a good quality remaster/upscale to 4k for the anniversary.