• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This is a really interesting and informative talk about the amount of research and effort that went into making this game.

Kaveri

Oct 28, 2017
How is Kingdom Come on PS4 nowadays? I got told by some friends to wait for patches back when it released.

JarlRaven

Nov 8, 2017
Have enough patches rolled out to address the major bug problems at launch? On my wishlist of games to try out this year but haven't really been following it since its release back in February.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
That was a really interesting video.

They clearly put a lot of time and passion into making this game.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Still plugging away at this. Incredibly fun and immersive. About 40 hours in and I really haven't gone anywhere. It's the type of world that is enjoyable to just walk around, hunt, and live in.

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
One of the best games i have ever played. Loved the quest designs. The drunken priest quest is my all time favorite now. :D

I played it on PS 4 and cant complain about it.

Last edited:

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
What I like most in this game is the forest design, it actually feels like a real forest which is incredible. As Northern European it's interesting to see what differences are in Bohemian forest compared to Nordic forest.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How did this game end up after patches? Is it still kinda a euro-janky game, lack of polish?

Dec 6, 2017
US
Is it running and playing well on PS4? Might have to pick it up.

Yeah, that's what I wanna know. Is it stable and decently patched on PS4 by now? Don't want to start it if it's going to be a bug-and-crash fest.

How did this game end up after patches? Is it still kinda a euro-janky game, lack of polish?

Definitely, they're Czech.

giphy.gif

JaynePea

Nov 2, 2017
I'm guessing he took the "iel" off so people wouldn't as easily realise he's the same Daniel Vavra that got mad at the idea that people who weren't white lived and existed in europe during medieval times?

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for posting this, i'll watch soon.

Wow, they used fragment of polish movie Krzyzacy to make reel video for publishers, awesome! :)
https://youtu.be/YBs4a4Io49I?t=585

I'm guessing he took the "iel" off so people wouldn't as easily realise he's the same Daniel Vavra that got mad at the idea that people who weren't white lived and existed in europe during medieval times?
He didnt say that.

Last edited:

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its very obvious what the intention of JaynePea is; I don't really think there is too much of a point in arguing about the same thing again.

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to his future talk about how feminazis are going to destroy video games and Pizzagate was real

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Warhorse did a fantastic job with Kingdom Come. I'm very glad Vavra and his team managed to give us a glimpse of their history through the game. It's a fascinating setting and one that, like Vavra describes at the beginning of his talk, 99 percent of a typical Western audience would have no clue about before playing KC:D.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The game is fantastic! I'd love a sequel set in 19th century American west with the same "realistic" gameplay mechanics and open-world design.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Having just finished the video, I would say it's well worth watching in its entirety. Vavra spends a bit of time countering some of the myths concerning the Middle Ages and responds to some of the criticisms levied against the game (such as those from a certain art history blog). He details the great amounts of energy that went into researching the era as well as some of the setbacks they faced, including compromises they felt were necessary for gameplay reasons or user accessibility. It's a real shame that they weren't able to include a full Czech voiceover - it's something they really wanted to do but would have cost more money and an extra six months on top of the year-plus they spent recording the English/German/French VO.

Last edited:

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching it as well, was really interesting.
The game is fantastic! I'd love a sequel set in 19th century American west with the same "realistic" gameplay mechanics and open-world design.

Honestly, I wish more games were made that attempted to realistically portrait a certain period in time. I'm hoping with the success of kingdom come more developers will attempt it.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
KC:D is sitting untouched in my Steam library after buying it day 1 (other than fiddling with graphics and benchmarking) ... aaaargh!!!

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Having just finished the video, I would say it's well worth watching in its entirety. Vavra spends a bit of time countering some of the myths concerning the Middle Ages and responds to some of the criticisms levied against the game (such as those from a certain art history blog). He details the great amounts of energy that went into researching the era as well as some of the setbacks they faced, including compromises they felt were necessary for gameplay reasons or user accessibility. It's a real shame that they weren't able to include a full Czech voiceover - it's something they really wanted to do but would have cost more money and an extra six months on top of the year-plus they spent recording the English/German/French VO.
I do recall with the full authentic voices as well that it would be entirely inpossimpo to recreate accurately due to the fact no one alive knows what they sound like. Maybe one day science can give us a wonderful insight.

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Still haven't bought and played this. Really should given the praise it's gotten. And since both Divinity: OS 2 and Pillars 2 is coming out on PS4 this fall i better do it before then lol!

jerfdr

Dec 14, 2017
Interesting talk.

I enjoyed Kingdom Come: Deliverance a lot on release, faced only one bug (the
nightingales
side-quest was unfinishable, so I had to skip it). I really loved the combat mechanics and the world. Quests and characters are probably not on the same level as in The Witcher 3, but not too far off, they are pretty good. I highly recommend this game to everyone who likes open-world and/or story-driven RPGs.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have to admire the sheer amount of information they had to digest to develop the game, it's staggering. I'd like to pick it up at some point.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The game actually features non-white characters with the cumans who were historically present at the time.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Finally watched the video. A pretty interesting talk indeed. It's baffling how much research went into the game and how it had an impact on even some small details in the game (the part about the "Dark Ages" myths in the talk). Like you had to get the approval of a royal court to execute someone but since the game is set during a a time of war there was no royal court and that's reflected in a dialogue in the game.

Really hope we'll get a sequel. I'm still a bit let down by the ending.

Though when he said that medieval Europe was probably safer than today's Europe I had to cringe a bit. This whole "Europe is unsafe [because of the refugees/immigrants]" is just blah. Not sure if he intended to make it sound like I interpret it but it's Vavra after all.