• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Is this the same Asian lady that someone here created a thread to accuse her of cultural appropriation?

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone think Jumanji was a lightning in a bottle and this won't make almost $1bn?

Meh, I'm probably wrong and Zathura in 2020 is announced

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
DeVito is way too talented to not give a dual-role to. You're wasting him otherwise.

I'm also glad not to see a certain name from the recent film back as I don't think they have the range to pull off a sequel.

can you say what you mean?

because if you mean hart or gillian they are back, if you are talking about cannavale, i think you are wrong

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Jumanji is badass
hqdefault.jpg

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's weird that people act like this is a new thing.

The lead actor in this movie is commonly called The Rock ffs
Nicknames have always been a thing though. I don't think very many people in here could tell me what Ivan the Terrible's real last name was without googling it
I think it is strange that people would use their nickname in a professional sense. Dwayne Johnson is an actor, and he goes by that name doesn't he?
Did Ivan the Terrible call himself that?

Wouldn't it be weird if doctors started going by nicknames? "Hey, I will be your doctor today. You can call me the A$$man. I'm a proctologist you see, and I make lots of money."

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is strange that people would use their nickname in a professional sense. Dwayne Johnson is an actor, and he goes by that name doesn't he?

Wouldn't it be weird if doctors started going by nicknames? "Hey, I will be your doctor today. You can call me the A$$man. I'm a proctologist you see, and I make lots of money."
Eh, not really. Like everything else it's about the brand and recognizability.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The first Return to the Jungle film was average after I finally saw it, in my opinion.

So, looking back, I kinda surprised with the reception.

I hope the sequel is way better.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone in the cast will be given a new "kid" to be the avatar for.

But Kevin Hart will still just be playing Kevin Hart.
I've never really understood this complaint about comedians in movies. I mean most movies aren't going to hire a comedian to be someone other than themselves or do they typical type of comedy since that's the appeal of having them.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was coming out this year? They haven't started filming it yet?

collige

Oct 31, 2017

Ice Cube seems to be doing okay for himself

Afro_Ninja

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awkwafina as a black woman outside the game would justify she pretending to be black one more time, I can see this working...

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Replace the cast with always sunny people and have them write it. Would be amazing.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Bad title, it reads like they're replacing Jack Black and Karen Gillan with Devito and Awkwafina.

The last one was a lot of fun, so adding Devito to that mix should be a blast. Looking forward to it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never really understood this complaint about comedians in movies. I mean most movies aren't going to hire a comedian to be someone other than themselves or do they typical type of comedy since that's the appeal of having them.
When the actor is supposed to be playing a character within a character it sticks out bad.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished watxhting crazy rich asians and that aquafina chick sounded exactly like hannah montana and it was trippy as fuck.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the plot will be? The game evolves into a modern game console. Or maybe a cell phone app?

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Man f*ck this movie. The first was so safe and boring and now they are going suck me back in with DeVito....damnit