Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Drew Goddard who basically launched it and stayed on as consultant, Erik Oleson who delivered the best and final season. Even DeKnight did a solid job on season one although most of the groundwork was done by Goddard.

Insane they're not bringing back Oleson especially after he was already laying the groundwork for a season 4. Considering the rest of the decent but not spectacular MCU shows (Wandavision and Loki being the only two real standouts) I do not have faith in how sanitized this is going to be. Moon Knight ain't got shit on how brutal Daredevil could be and the way they did Kingpin was so dirty.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
fuck yes, more Charlie Cox as Daredevil!

on the other hand, slightly worried about the quality of the writing. Hope to be proven wrong - Seasons 1 and 3 (and the first half of S2) are basically than most things in the MCU.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I watched the first...two seasons? Hopped off of Netflix Marvel stuff at one point but this one always felt like the best of the batch, so glad to see it's back. Wonder if they'll have cameos from other Marvel folks (She Hulk seems like an obvious one)

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Great to have Daredevil back. Yeah it won't be as violent but I'm cool with that. I've enjoyed all the MCU show's so far, so really looking forward to this.

Would love to see Jessica Jones come back too.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, neat. This is cool. I and many others like this.

On the other
When's frank

Oct 25, 2017
great news seeing it come from a reputable source
but also
get Steven DeKnight and/or Erik Oleson involved again to make sure it stays on brand please
apprehensive about the new writers

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I honestly didn't realize there were people who didn't like the Daredevil suit.

I'd like to see a new take on it -- a little more red and with the 'DD' on his chest -- but I'd like it to also be a refined version of this.

3552.jpg

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
No to Iron Fist or Colleen being back. Anyone directly connected with the Sand Snakes should stay gone and dead, be it actors, characters, writers, directors. We would just be better off.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I can't say I'm particularly excited considering kingpins treatment...

But I mean here's hoping.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Exciting, I think I'd be more excited for Jessica Jones though, please bring her back

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Season 3 of Daredevil was so top-tier that I doubt they'll be able to recapture the feel of it. The action alone is far beyond anything MCU has done. But hey, I'm curious to see how this goes.

Worse comes to worst we can pretend that Daredevil ended S3 on Netlfix and continue on our day.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Someone has seen neither Moon Knight nor Multiverse of Madness yet if you still think this is the case.
Good lord, there is nothing brutal about Moon Knight. Not a damn thing. There's like one off-camera bit of horror that you don't get any kind of view of.

And Multiverse of Madness is cartoon overthetop stuff they can obfuscate and abstract as "fantasy violence". And that's fine - that's what Raimi does. "Cartoon horror" as James Cameron describes it.

That is not the same as what the Daredevil show does.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021

I'd like to see a new take on it -- a little more red and with the 'DD' on his chest -- but I'd like it to also be a refined version of this.

3552.jpg

I love Marco Checchetto's art, I know comic book fans are passionate about how simple his costume is, but I really don't think his costume translates well for live action like Spider-Man.

2021-10_October_PREVIEWS2021001_FINAL-003-e1632058780231.jpg

I know that Charlie Cox said he would like to add the DD logo to the chest, but I'm not sure about if I want that. I trust Marvel with their costume designs, but I do think that maybe some rework of what his costume should look is in order. Maybe get Russell Dautermann or James McKelvie in comics? I don't know, what Ryan Meinerding came up for Moon Knight was absolutely insane, I'm sure they will come up with something cool. I just think that just like Batman had an upgrade in comics, it's time for something more practical and less spandex for Daredevil too.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
this announcement might get me to rewatch the netflix show, think its on Disney+. little to no hope for this revival though, gonna be corny.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Always whiplash when I bother reading MCU threads on Era. You'd think Marvel was making Ghost Rider tier shit.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone has seen neither Moon Knight nor Multiverse of Madness yet if you still think this is the case.

Those don't have Daredevil level of intimate/squeamish violence. I *do* think that the violence level in those is enough, though. It really wasn't the gore level that made Daredevil special, so I think they could do it on D+. But I think Netflix gave the Daredevil staff a carte blanche to do whatever they wanted that Disney may not. Daredevil definitely wasn't following any kind of formula.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

3552.jpg

It's a great suit IMO but plenty of folks tend to balk and how non-simple the MCU costumes can be and plenty of other folks balk even more at the tactical gear approach.

Full-on spandex is definitely no-go but it would definitely be nice getting even more of the classic look in there.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017

3552.jpg

The peaks above the eyes make him look slightly puzzled or curious. Like Spock raising both eyebrows.

The full nose cover should never be a DD feature. It ruins his "face" if you're a comic reader and are used to how he looks.

Then there's all the poor man's TDK tacticool shit.

The suit is, and always has been, a travesty.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018

3552.jpg
Man, I don't know. I think the material used is very boring texture and colour-wise, on top of having unnecessary details and belts that contribute in making his figure not as stylized as it could be. It's not baggy, but... I don't know. Especially the pectoral and abdominal area.

The cowl looks really bad too imo. Well, at least the nose and eye area does (the overall shape is good).

I actually like how it looks in the concept art (maybe too many black segments), it just didn't translate well at all:
555a8172ce563.jpg

I overall tend to really like the MCU costumes and we've had form-fitting outfits there, so I hope they go more for that route, while also making it a tad brighter and fixing the facial area of the cowl.

I wouldn't mind seeing the yellow costume too!

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Great to have Daredevil back. Yeah it won't be as violent but I'm cool with that. I've enjoyed all the MCU show's so far, so really looking forward to this.

Would love to see Jessica Jones come back too.
Not just the violence, but how Disney shoots the Marvel shows. Half of them are green screen. They look so cheap. I love how the Marvel Netflix shows were shot in NYC. Looked awesome!

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
I hope that they involve Cox in the writing and direction as much as possible, you can tell in interviews that he loves the character and has dipped into the comics often.

He wants that DD on his suit, you just know it.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care either way on the violence, but I do think the tone of your average Disney+ show is a mismatch for the Netflix stuff. Moon Knight dips into some tougher content, but is largely a "fun" kind of show, and doesn't have those stretches of hopelessness that are Daredevil at its best.

And there's other general content stuff - sex, drug use, human trafficking, so on. Do I care if Kingpin crushes someone's head in a car door? Not really. Do I care if they can explicitly mention the stuff his criminal empire is getting into? Yeah, that's important. It's only vaguely related, but as a prominent example, it really annoyed me that the drugs in The Batman were fictional. That sort of thing always takes me out of a "grounded" story.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
On one hand, this is dope, on the other hand, if there isn't any really serious blood or gore (which let's be real, Disney won't actually do. They've already been caught censoring some of the older scenes of their shows albiet minor ones) then will it really have the same feel as the Netflix one?
Moonknight and MoM are extremely heavy on gore.