• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Forgot how utterly broken dark magic is. Sucks that almost everything good is INT based :/

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I think I just found a vagrant? Somewhere between the Lost Izalith bonfire (behind the illusionary wall in the lava lake) and, I assume, the Bed of Chaos. Red/gold glowing crab thing. Not particularly strong and dropped twin humanities.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Invaded someone in Sen's with the last of my cracked orbs. It was a red phantom - fair enough I thought, we'll do a fair fight. They know what's up. Killed their phantom and then we both died at the same time. I got indicted? Doesn't seem like a darkwraith kinda thing to do.

Getting indicted was always hilarious to me. It's like this super small, petty thing.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
uhmmm.... weapon level affects who you can play with? is that correct? what a bunch of bullcrap if true.

i'm lvl 23 and have a +12 uchi, does my weapon prevent me from being summoned by other low level players if they dont have +12 weapons..?

sure feels like it :( im not getting summoned in the early areas after i upgraded my weapon.. WTF. i wanted to help beginners! that was the entire point, thats why i wanted to make a good low lvl character..

fun ruined.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Invaded someone in Sen's with the last of my cracked orbs. It was a red phantom - fair enough I thought, we'll do a fair fight. They know what's up. Killed their phantom and then we both died at the same time. I got indicted? Doesn't seem like a darkwraith kinda thing to do.

Getting indicted is a good thing. Gives Darkmoons people to invade.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
uhmmm.... weapon level affects who you can play with? is that correct? what a bunch of bullcrap if true.

i'm lvl 23 and have a +12 uchi, does my weapon prevent me from being summoned by other low level players if they dont have +12 weapons..?

sure feels like it :( im not getting summoned in the early areas after i upgraded my weapon.. WTF. i wanted to help beginners! that was the entire point, thats why i wanted to make a good low lvl character..

fun ruined.

Apparently anybody who picks up a twinkling/dragon weapon or shield gets immediately put into the +5 bracket (brackets are either +-4 or +-5 of your max weapon level) so the noobie no upgrades pool is probably the most barren one in the game

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I just always indict everyone that invades me whenever I can. For some reason people seem to think its because you fought unfairly or I got salty or you did someone dishonorable. To me its never that. The way I see it, indictment just increases the PvP traffic. Gives the Darkmoon more targets to invade as well. More fights, more fun.

Everyone should indict honestly. The Darkmoon dont get nearly enough traffic.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Getting indicted is a good thing. Gives Darkmoons people to invade.
This is what I always thought. Like it's an act of revenge, but don't you want increased pvp? It's a pleasure to be indicted!

I just always indict everyone that invades me whenever I can. For some reason people seem to think its because you fought unfairly or I got salty or you did someone dishonorable. To me its never that. The way I see it, indictment just increases the PvP traffic. Gives the Darkmoon more targets to invade as well. More fights, more fun.

Everyone should indict honestly. The Darkmoon dont get nearly enough traffic.
Exactly! Indict more often people! :)

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is there a way to force a game into 21:9 on my 16:9 monitor? I'm curious to see what it's like, I know it's not the same effect but I still wanna see.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I realize this will be extremely YMMV, but general if I summon help for Seath will people know to help cut his tail before killing him? I really want the MLGS for my sorcerer character and I think it's going to be a huge pain in the ass to do it alone with my Butterfly Horn. I'm worried about screwing it up too though, I'm pretty sure you only get the one shot, you can't get the sword by being summoned and cutting his tail in someone else's game.

Deleted member 14735

Oct 27, 2017
I thought you were supposed to indict for the Darkmoons yea, I always indict but not out of anger or something, I love being invaded, I just thought that was the etiquette.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I realize this will be extremely YMMV, but general if I summon help for Seath will people know to help cut his tail before killing him? I really want the MLGS for my sorcerer character and I think it's going to be a huge pain in the ass to do it alone with my Butterfly Horn. I'm worried about screwing it up too though, I'm pretty sure you only get the one shot, you can't get the sword by being summoned and cutting his tail in someone else's game.
From my days of PS3 co-op I would say summons for Seath definately know you want the tail cut. Good summons should be standing at the back, letting you break the crystal ready to go ham on the tail for you.

Cutting the tail alone isn't as difficult as it seems - if you stand by the crystal Seath will come close and laser attack, as you see his animation start, run and he will hit the crystal and be stunned, hit the very tip, last quarter of the tail.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Getting indicted was always hilarious to me. It's like this super small, petty thing.

It actually promotes more PvP so I see it as a good thing. I mean if you're red it's because you want to PvP, so getting indicted gives you even more.

Blues in DS1 don't get called to help other Covenant members like in 2 and 3 so they need the more indicted people possible.

My gosh. Sif is really strong!

Try to always stay under his legs, can't hit you there.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I indict everyone just to give Darkmoons shit to do. Kind of figure people who are already invading wouldn't mind more PVP too, whereas it does really bum out some of the randoms.

JED BARTLETT

Oct 27, 2017
Belfast
Had to summon help for Ornstein and Smough, the camera was a nightmare. Would have taken me years to win that fight. Was able to kill skinny bollocks on my own but I'd used most of my Estus.
No idea where to next, but I'm enjoying the warping.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Enjoying playing this through with my sons for their first time. They love it, but miss some things from DSIII.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently anybody who picks up a twinkling/dragon weapon or shield gets immediately put into the +5 bracket (brackets are either +-4 or +-5 of your max weapon level) so the noobie no upgrades pool is probably the most barren one in the game

I guess that drake sword pro strat that so many new players rush to might at least help bump them into a better co-op pool.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
You can do it mate, don't give up!

Little advice: It sounds like your skill level is perfectly fine, the problem seems to be your damage output, ideally you should kill one of the kings shortly after or before the next one pops up, it's a fight about trying not to get overwhelmed, in other words you are not supposed to beat the boss while all three or four of them is on the screen, you can do it of course, but it's not designed that way and definitely not the easiest approach. The key to this boss fight is to be as aggressive as you can without being reckless.

Let us know if you need any advice on dealing damage, oh boy do we have some suggestions, good luck.
I DID IT. Hands are still shaking. 0 Estus left, about 10% health. Feel like the Fifth King. LOL

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I guess that drake sword pro strat that so many new players rush to might at least help bump them into a better co-op pool.

Someone that gets the Astora straight sword or a black knight shield and scrounges enough twinkling to level them up 3 times (4 twinklings) hits +11 on the matchmaking and starts getting matched against +5 furysword and BK halberd builds. It's completely busted and makes it so that people who don't know what they're doing get exclusively locked into op twink pound town

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Rofl I've went to New Londo Ruins and drained the place then met the Darkwraiths and tried to access The Abyss only to die after stepping trough the fog :D WTF?
25447.jpg

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything I can do to get invaded less often? Whenever I kindle a bonfire there is someone at me within 90s, and I'm usually 1-shotted by some magical attack I have never seen.

You need to become human more often to get invaded less often. I know it sounds like it doesn't work like that at all. But rest assure, it just might.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me...I just found out that covenant offers are halved every time you leave the covenant. What in the fuck. I gave Gwyndolin 9 offerings and left for sunbros for a second. Now I guess I'm either at rank one or at half of 9. Does anyone know how to check your offerings if you're able to? Fuck me..

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Someone that gets the Astora straight sword or a black knight shield and scrounges enough twinkling to level them up 3 times (4 twinklings) hits +11 on the matchmaking and starts getting matched against +5 furysword and BK halberd builds. It's completely busted and makes it so that people who don't know what they're doing get exclusively locked into op twink pound town

Completely broken. I was just thinking it might be the one upside to all those people who get reliant on the drake sword early.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
How hard can it be to get the freakin' Moonlight GS?! Died 6 times now.

I'm about to do that now on my NG+ run. Not looking forward to it at all. Though apparently having him destroy the crystal allows you time to hack off the tip of his tail due to the stun duration. Never tried it though.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen at least one. X1X
Yeah, I actually saw just one not too too long after that was posted. But honestly there have not been many, if there have been anymore in my world than that one.

For anyone wondering, they do use the same new animated sprite as the new ring of light. I assumed they would, but I wanted to see.

CONGRATS DUDE! That's some clutch shit right there!

No it's amazing, 99% of people didn't figure it out on their first playthrough, this is literally the best prank Miyazaki ever pulled.

I mean look at his avatar, lol
Hah i knew i missed something as o haven't explore Darkroot Garden/Basin yet just a tiny bit up to Moonlight Butterfly and since it's my 1st time with DS1 something like that can happen since i'm playing without any form of guides except asking questions here :D

As for my Avatar i belive it comes from DS3?

Well i'm happy you found it amusing :)

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Being a pure mage doesn't help either.

Well....shit, I guess find some help online? Reddit are always quick and helpful, or maybe Era can help as well.

Hah i knew i missed something as o haven't explore Darkroot Garden/Basin yet just a tiny bit up to Moonlight Butterfly and since it's my 1st time with DS1 something like that can happen since i'm playing without any form of guides except asking questions here :D

Oh crap you're a first time player!?

WELCOME TO LORDRAN MY FRIEND

How are you liking the game so far? Have you met Knight Artorias aka the legend himself? Do you have the Wolf Ring? The item description is pretty fucking badass.

EDIT: If you haven't met Artorias, make sure you google how to access the DLC before you beat the game.

Last edited:

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, there is something on the Garden that will help you to pass the abyss, need 20k souls to buy the key

How hard can it be to get the freakin' Moonlight GS?! Died 6 times now.

You need a trust weapon, blunt and bleeding dont help

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Completely broken. I was just thinking it might be the one upside to all those people who get reliant on the drake sword early.

Well at least with the drake sword there's such a dearth of scales early on (one in blighttown, one on the hydra) that they're unlikely to blunder into being more than +7 or +9 if they upgrade it. Still puts them in range of +11-+14 before Sen's though, but it could be a lot worse as illustrated previously

The real issue's going to be when activity dies down and everyone winds up segmented in these ill defined chunks. It worked in DS3 to an extent because of how linear the game was and how clearly each area was labeled as a Shard zone or a Large Shard zone or a Chunk zone but 1 was never designed with this type of thing in mind.

Yeah, there is something on the Garden that will help you to pass the abyss, need 20k souls to buy the key

You need a trust weapon, blunt and bleeding dont help
Oh i got the key and opened the door went as far as the talking cat leader of hunters of the forest covenant i belive? Didn't go any further as i wanted to push for Anor Londo. Thanks anyway got to get back there.

Good i've got Lord Vessel already. That's the only thing i don't like about DS1 that warping between bonfires is not possible before obtaining it.

On the other hand it forces you to get to know layout of levels and shortcuts.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
That's the only thing i don't like about DS1 that warping between bonfires is not possible before obtaining it.

On the other hand it forces you to get to know layout of levels and shortcuts.

Trust me, you'll appreciate it a lot more in retrospect.

It's literally one of the reason why the level design in DS1 is so well connected and brilliantly designed, cause the designers were literally forced to came up with multiple shortcuts and hidden passages since players can't just wrap out of an area after they're done with exploring.

It also makes ''deep'' areas like Depth and Blighttown a lot more immersive and intense cause you can't just press X on the bonfire to escape, everything is super physical in DS1, if you want to get out of somewhere you have to walk out of it alive.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Try aggroing one of them at a time. It may seem tricky at first, but it's possible if you approach them slowly.

The Silver Knights are perhaps the easiest enemy to backstab and parry, use that to your advantage if you want.

Get up in their face and as you see the animation from their attack starting, hit L2.

You will parry the attack leaving you the chance to deal a killer blow.

Silver Knights are parry tutorials, watch their attacks and imprint that shit into your brain for the rest of your life
Holy shit, I wasn't even aware that there is parrying. I tried it and these silver knights are a piece of cake.
I'm still not that familiar with the the timing for the lancers, but I can parry the sword wielders 99% of the time.

My first souls game was Bloodborne and I played it with Ludwigs Holy Blade, so I rarely used parry.
And I played Dark Souls 3 completely without it, because I wasn't aware that DkS has parry, too.