• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HaNotsri

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Those damn archers... anyone got an easy way through?

How did I ever manage this back on the PS3 version...
1. Low equipload+shield with stability
2. Run past the first gargoyles *if hit stop before the second gargoyles, turn towards the gargoyles you ran past, shield their lightning attack or dodge it then heal. Now quickly go to step 3...
3. Run past the second gargoyles, while on the first ledge you will be protected from the arrows but might take a lightning to your back from the gargoyles, after the ledge, stay close to the wall and heal
4. Run up the ledge to the archers, immediately go to the right one with your shield up. Do not attack! Just try to stay on the inside and let him attack you - he will fall down.
5. Profit.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Rolled a bandit to see how a slower strength build would suit me, as opposed to the fast parry/backstab gameplay of my Thief. Just got past the Taurus demon and had enough souls to boost my Str to 24 and Dex to 10. So you know what that means.

Oct 31, 2017
After about a week's break I just had a very productive session. After spending HOURS trying to climb up Blighttown, I noticed a big structure that looked like it would house a thing named Queelag. I beat Queelag without dying once---this game isn't so bad when you luck into a Black Knight Sword +2!

I cheesed one of the titanite demons in Sen's pit. How long will the item hang out on the ground?

OutOfBounds

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin, GER
Okay, breaking the early game with the Master Key is fucking weirdly awesome, I guess?

I'm a SL 18 Dragonhead Sorcerer wielding a Magic Weapon buffed +5 Falchion and Tin Banishement Catalyst, sporting the Crimson Set and Grass Crest Shield and Cloranthy- and Havel Ring jewelry on my fingers helping other people beat the Taurus Demon, Black Knight and Havel.

Almost made the mistake to get get myself trapped at late game location
Ash Lake

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone of you in possession of an unupgraded dark silver tracer? I have a +2 dark silver tracer i want to trade.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Enjoying my time as a member of the Darkmoon, but a little surprised by how cowardly the majority of the people I'm sent in to take out are, given they're theoretically invaders themselves. They almost all immediately summon two people in.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I just beat artorias to a pulp

now I'm gonna go beat on gwyn

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Got the remaster yesterday, playthrough has been a breeze, really enjoying myself and then...Capra Demon halts all progress.

Dude's not even hard, but that narrow environment + the dogs just makes it a frustrating experience. I'm also trying not to cheese it for once with the run up the stairs to kill the dogs strategy, I just don't understand how the devs wanted you to approach this fight.

Booshka

May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
Got the remaster yesterday, playthrough has been a breeze, really enjoying myself and then...Capra Demon halts all progress.

Dude's not even hard, but that narrow environment + the dogs just makes it a frustrating experience. I'm also trying not to cheese it for once with the run up the stairs to kill the dogs strategy, I just don't understand how the devs wanted you to approach this fight.
The staircase is in the boss room for a reason. The devs expect players to use it. You can also go in with more poise so you aren't instantly staggered.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
So, I was playing around after ringing the second bell and wanted to get Ash Lake and the dragon covenant trophy out of the way, but I forgot that it was such a long and crazy climb back up without the Lord Vessel to warp. I feel like a dumbass now lol.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
The design of the npc near Artorias is very Bloodborne like, and so are the branch mobs with the pitchforks. Manus + Cleric beast are also extremely similar based off of that picture that someone posted in this thread. Not to mention how much faster and wild Artorias and Manus attack compared to everything else in Souls 1. Now that we know some of BB was prototyped in this engine it makes this sort of stuff really cool.

Oct 28, 2017
Those damn archers... anyone got an easy way through?

How did I ever manage this back on the PS3 version...

As well as the other methods mentioned there is always a little cheese. Poison arrows work nicely if you don't mind the wait. No need to even climb up until the knights are dead.
If you have magic you can equip the slumbering dragon ring, cast invisible body and practically walk up to them before they notice you. 1 soul spear and no more knight and for new game plus you can bring your own big bow and knock em off their perch :)

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Knight of Artroias is ridiculously tough. Even with the reach advantage, he is still ridiculous tough to get a safe hit besides 1-2 attacks honestly. He's so RNG with those flip attacks, IDK if its going to be 1 or 2 or 3.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

by running up to the stairs to kill the dogs.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had too much trouble so far but holy shit is Sen's Fortress troll-y. I mean that in the best way possible, but sometimes I wonder if being sadistic is a pre-requisite to work at From.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

By running up the stairs to kill the dogs?

WeteHa

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm not seeing any signs, messages or bloodstains and this text just replaced my welcome message:

I remember the welcome message saying something about the latest patch, so I'm not sure if this means I'm banned or if it's just a new welcome message. Is anyone else seeing this?

I see messages fine and can do coop and have the same welcome message (on PS4)

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
I indulged and bought my copy today. Dark Souls probably makes my top ten list of all time.

The feeling I got when I returned to firelink shrine on my ps4 confirmed I made the right choice to buy this game for a third time. I missed that feeling of tenseness and dread as I sprinted through the graveyard and dodged the skeletons.

I'm going to try to follow a walk through and go for a 100% run this time. I love helping in online and from the sounds of it, the community is vast. Can't wait to really invest myself into it once more. I know there are some pain spots I recall from my previous play through but I hope I can take a more casual approach to it all since I've already "beat" the game. Who am I kidding though.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I've kind of already had my fill of it. I think I just enjoy making a character and playing up to Sen's.

Cheeseburgla

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I love being summoned. I've played all three souls games and bloodborne and never once grinded or played co-op. I'm doing the whole Sunbro thing with this game and am having a blast. I've been summoned for the Iron Golem 8 times in the past hour. That's 160,000 souls and all I have to do is stand there and throw 10 lightning spears at it from a safe distance. Thanks! I really should have been doing this for all the games.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Gah, finally took down the Bell Gargoyles. Fuck these monsters, man. One was doable but with the two them it's just so difficult to get a hit in. They always work in almost perfect tandem to ensure they cover each other's openings.

And of course I was dumb enough to forget I had Gold Pine Resin in my inventory.

At least I got some good loot out of them. Got four out of four: Gargoyle Axe, Halberd, Shield and Helmet.

I've also swapped the Zweihander for a Bastard Sword. With two upgrades it hits almost as hard as the Zweihander, but a lot faster, with less stamina consumption and it's far easier to swing in cramped spaces.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What's the consensus regarding the lighting? Is it faithful to the original, or as offputting as some of the early preview videos appeared?

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
What's the consensus regarding the lighting? Is it faithful to the original, or as offputting as some of the early preview videos appeared?

It's a mixed bag really. In some cases it looks better, in some cases it looks worse. I lean towards worse.

Overall I like the original lighting better as it seems more fantasy-like and really makes metal armor shine and glisten. Remaster lighting makes it look dull and bland.

Also, the light aura around the player seems turned way up and some surfaces reflect too much making it seem like you got a spotlight attached to your head.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all need to start carrying around more souls when I invade you. These are rookie numbers. I'm tryin to make bank here.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit I love being summoned. I've played all three souls games and bloodborne and never once grinded or played co-op. I'm doing the whole Sunbro thing with this game and am having a blast. I've been summoned for the Iron Golem 8 times in the past hour. That's 160,000 souls and all I have to do is stand there and throw 10 lightning spears at it from a safe distance. Thanks! I really should have been doing this for all the games.

Yes. So many people listen to the so called hardcore fans(who a large number of coincidentally started long after many of us mastered the first 2 games. There wasn't nearly as much shaming on the old DeS boards) and miss out on a very enjoyable experience I love summoning/being summoned and have since the beginning. I always sit in co op covenants when I'm not specifically PvPing.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
O&S were waaaay easier this time around. Crazy how mild they seem now compared to everything I dealt with in DkS2 and 3. Beat them on my second try. Would have been the first, but I haphazardly went in there with only 2 estus charges. Oops.

Now I'm in the catacombs and hating life. I've never liked the "find the thing keeping the skeletons alive" mechanic. Will be glad when this and the tomb are over with.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Wow Manus is legit tough, I can get him into his 2nd phase and those attacks are ruthless. I was able to dodge that OP dark orb ring attack but I am guessing you need to disengage off lock on and time a roll right because I cannot get be close enough to him out of respect for his melee attacks to get out of that ring. It does so much damn damage.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I'm not seeing any signs, messages or bloodstains and this text just replaced my welcome message:

0w82rIn.jpg

I remember the welcome message saying something about the latest patch, so I'm not sure if this means I'm banned or if it's just a new welcome message. Is anyone else seeing this?
This happened to me too, I don't know why. I'm on ps4, I def haven't hacked the game

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Back to the good old days of FAP and Flip(Ring of Favor and Protection and Dark Wood Grain Ring, before DWGR became useless in the sequel). Well not really the good old days as it used to give the fast roll at even 50% equip load, but still the I-frames and speed are really good.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing bloodstains and signs, but I can't remember the last time I saw a player-left message... 2 days ago maybe? :(

I'm playing on PC.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty

I discovered the joys of being summoned in SotFS. I really enjoyed helping people as a Sunbro and farming Sunlight Medals. Too bad Soul Memory makes being summoned a pain in that game. I also loved helping people in Bloodborne, though it doesn't seem as fleshed out as in Dark Souls. It would've been cool if the League had similar rewards for crushing Vermin as you get in DS for farming Medals.

I'm looking forward to jolly cooperation in this game. I didn't have Xbox Live gold back in early 2012 when I first played this so I never played it online until today.

Speaking of online, people were not kidding about the Bells going off all the time. It feels like a church announcing mass is about to start.

Also, thanks to Bloodborne's gigantic bosses like Bloodletting Beast and Loran Darkbeast, I'm much better at fighting bosses without lock on now. The lack of omniroll doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
So here I am putting my sun bro sign down at Sif. Get summoned, load into their game, immediately see them dying and get message I'm getting sent back. Happening over and over lol.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
That priceless feeling when you get summoned for O&S and you realize that the host hasn't cleared the castle and opened the shortcut yet, so you quickly run halfway up the stairs, glitch jump over the railing onto the second floor and walk back down to open up the shortcut for them in a matter of seconds.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, after years of ignoring it, the Black Knight Greataxe is my new favorite BK weapon. Shit doesn't leave you as vulnerable as the halberd when you miss.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's still SL120 the maximum recommended level for coop and pvp?
Im at 80 now with full coop and pvp almost everywhere, but I want to start my NG+ soon for the platinum trophy

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I can't see any messages anymore except for my own, but plenty of bloodstains and summons/invasions. Strange. Maybe it's a poorly explained Sin mechanic???

Had a fun little outing in AL where upon being summoned I saw my would be host getting their shit pushed in by a darkwraith. Kamikaze'd the thwarted killer and got resummoned by the same host who, it seemed, hadn't even started the castle yet and it may have even been their first time considering their thoroughness. Somehow managed to carry the payload to O&S successfully and won with the help of another phantom while scouring most of the level of life.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
latest

Dark Souls: Unused Enemy: Chained Prisoner

Undead_Giant_Club.jpg

Bloodborne: Undead Giant (club and hook)

The design of the npc near Artorias is very Bloodborne like, and so are the branch mobs with the pitchforks. Manus + Cleric beast are also extremely similar based off of that picture that someone posted in this thread. Not to mention how much faster and wild Artorias and Manus attack compared to everything else in Souls 1. Now that we know some of BB was prototyped in this engine it makes this sort of stuff really cool.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's still SL120 the maximum recommended level for coop and pvp?
Im at 80 now with full coop and pvp almost everywhere, but I want to start my NG+ soon for the platinum trophy

Coop will probably dwindle in low level areas, as expected. PVP should be active in most areas and very active in the usual spots.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
first time doing an INT build, am i stuck with soul arrow until I get logan??? this shit does no damage

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
first time doing an INT build, am i stuck with soul arrow until I get logan??? this shit does no damage

You get better soul arrow variants from Griggs??? The guy locked in the house in lower burg???

Alternatively you can also get the enchanted ember in the basin early and use Great Hollow blue chunks to get a more powerful weapon early on