• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
header.jpg

I've only played Dark Void myself and while it isn't a particularly good game, it's still an interesting piece of Capcom history. Would still recommend for anyone that has some love for Third Person Shooters of that gen.

Dark Void Zero was a title that often got a lot of praise. With the eShop store being closed this is the last chance to own it.

Flock is also backwards compatible on Xbox

View: https://x.com/wario64/status/1783539304775725539?s=46&t=j6ft08eV9pYSLmciuA3kpw

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017
Capcom recently delisted Age of Booty. I wonder why Capcom is removing all these games from sale when I presume they wholly own them. I guess Capcom simply doesn't care about their Western developed games and if they become lost to history.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Huh, never realized Dark Void Zero didn't actually make it anywhere besides PC, iOS, and DS. Would have expected it to be on XBLA or something.

Already got Dark Void proper, at least.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Dark Void Zero is actually kinda great, really wish it didn't had that Securom installation limit on PC.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Bought DV and DVZ on steam, I have DVZ on my 3ds I believe but might as well get it on Steam too.

GovernWort

Prophet of Truth
Feb 20, 2020
I recently bought Flock hoping it would have local co op but I don't think it does.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Void was GWG at one point so xbox people miiiiight have it already

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
Dark Void was in many ways a successor to Crimson Skies. I would have loved to see things continued.

tiza blanca

May 9, 2020
Already have Dark Void on Xbox so bought the DLC Survival Missons.

Flock looks interesting but the steam version seems to have some issues ... I guess I'll grab it for xbox later.

Wonder why they are delisting the games since it's their own IP?

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Apparently Dark Void Zero has securom with a 5 machine lifetime activation limit and the cd key for activation that capcom gives you doesn't work, going from reviews so uh...maybe avoid that version.

Dark Void and Flock also have SecuROM but seemingly without the activation limit, though Flock might have had some other issues?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Got them on Xbox already, might grab them on PC as well (though above comments make me concerned over how they'll work...)

Dark Void was dumb fun. The jet pack and vertical cover stuff was fun, but the fact they blatantly wanted Nathan Drake as a main character (even down to getting North to voice the Drake clone) is kinda lame.
It also feels like they just flat out cut a part of the game in the middle, as it feels like a bunch of plot just happens off screen without any context.

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Void on Steam sadly still has SecuROM attached to it. Would advise to play this on Xbox back compat if possible

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Void Zero is actually kinda great, really wish it didn't had that Securom installation limit on PC.

And there's the reason why those three games are being delisted. Age of Booty also had SecuROM DRM...though I don't know why it was delisted on the console side as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the console versions of those 3 games get delisted as well.

Once again how awful DRM is towards PC gaming.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
And there's the reason why those three games are being delisted. Age of Booty also had SecuROM DRM...though I don't know why it was delisted on the console side as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the console versions of those 3 games get delisted as well.

Once again how awful DRM is towards PC gaming.
And of course, Capcom is adding another awful DRM to their new games

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Void doesn't hold up that well. Too few jet pack levels.
Dark Void Zero on the other hand is pretty great.

Gumshoe

Oct 31, 2017
That drm stuff is enough to scare me away. I really wanted to play it back when it released but was too poor

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely loved Dark Void and have never found a game with as great a feeling of jetpack flying.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
At first I was like "crap maybe I should buy them" as I hate it when games get delisted, but then I looked at some pics and remembered that Dark Void wasn't actually that good.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
My only memory of this game is being glitched out of an achievement. Feels bad man

www.trueachievements.com

Grease Monkey achievement in Dark Void

How to unlock the Grease Monkey achievement in Dark Void: Grease Monkey - Upgrade all weapons. This achievement is worth 30 Gamerscore.

Oct 31, 2017
If you used to be subscribed to Gold, there's a good chance Dark Void is already in your library ;)

Is Dark Void Zero available on Xbox? I'm not seeing it on the web store (EU).

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
Dark Void was in many ways a successor to Crimson Skies. I would have loved to see things continued.

Airtight Games (Dark Void dev) had a pitch for Crimson Skies 2 they were actively trying to greenlight around 2009. Sadly never happened. I also would have loved to see what they could have done.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Aww shit, I assume it will drop off of PS+ streaming as well. I always wanted to give it a go

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I remember having a fair bit of fun with Dark Void when it came out. I've had it wishlisted on Steam forever since I don't own it there so I guess now's the time!

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
As a kid I downloaded the demo on 360 and would legitmately spend hours jetpack diving right into the ground. Great game never played it

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
How is the PC Port compared to the 360 version? I seem to remember PC Ports of that era being pretty hit or miss.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Void was rad. PC port isn't great, but it's still well worth $4. Shame it's going away instead of just getting patched.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed Dark Void a lot when it came out, at the time it was pretty much the only "free flight action game". Nowadays I'm not sure I'd find much fun in it anymore.

I remember the awesome soundtrack by Bear McCreary which was basically an extension of the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack, made by the same composer around the same time.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember thinking it was going to play like crimson skies for some reason and being disappointed. I had high hopes for it and bionic commando

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Void is one of the best 7's you'll ever play. I love that game.

I recommend everyone go to PC gaming wiki when you ask the question "how is the PC version?"
It still blows my mind everytime I talk to someone who plays PC games and they've never heard of pcgamingwiki. I basically live on that site, checking info etc.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
The SecuROM shit has me hesitating.

I'm guessing there's no workaround for that install limit?

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Completely fine, has GPU PhysX. Not sure what issues anyone would have with it.

PC gaming wiki shows no large issues with it at all.

I recommend everyone go to PC gaming wiki when you ask the question "how is the PC version?"
Thanks for the info.
Dark Void is one of the best 7's you'll ever play. I love that game.

It still blows my mind everytime I talk to someone who plays PC games and they've never heard of pcgamingwiki. I basically live on that site, checking info etc.
I'm that person lol. Never knew about this site.