• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
VeryAliGaming: we came across a recent job listing on the Phoenix Labs website for the Lead Marketing Manager position at the company's Vancouver, British Columbia studio in Canada, the description for which reads, "Phoenix Labs is seeking a highly capable Lead Marketing Manager to join our marketing team to shape and establish an exciting new IP in the shooter space."
Lead-Marketing-Manager-Phoenix-Labs.jpg

Furthermore, one of the responsibilities for the candidate mentions a contribution "to the strategic development of a live ops plan in close partnership with the development team," which suggests that the unannounced new IP will be a multiplayer one.

Lead-Marketing-Manager-Phoenix-Labs-Responsibilities.jpg

"mobile, console and PC publishing experience," which means that the unannounced new IP from Phoenix Labs will be available across all three platforms, like Dauntless. Another one of the requirements for the job listing states an "experience with F2P business model and monetization strategies." So, like Dauntless, this unannounced new IP will also be free-to-play.

Lead-Marketing-Manager-Phoenix-Labs-Requirements.jpg

However, this isn't all. It seems like Phoenix Labs is also focused on the competitive aspect of this unannounced new multiplayer shooter IP, as one of the preferences for the job listing is "experience with eSports tournaments and communities."

Lead-Marketing-Manager-Phoenix-Labs-Preferences.jpg

Source

hassamnasir

Sep 10, 2021
Dauntless has been a damn fun game, almost too good for a free-to-play title. Really excited about what Phoenix Labs has in store in the shooter space. Given the effort, we can have an Apex Legends/Valorant competitor easily.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the game was fun?
It is ! It's obviously no Monster Hunter, but hunts are quicker, there are many activities, F2P mode is decent, and matchmaking is easy and streamlined as fuck, thank God.

My only concern is that those devs are not very good on the technical side. The engine is way too demanding for the visuals (it was a complete slide show on PS4, and still not locked 60fps on PS5), and the countless bugs were meme worthy.

hassamnasir

Sep 10, 2021
It is ! It's obviously no Monster Hunter, but hunts are quicker, there are many activities, F2P mode is decent, and matchmaking is easy and streamlined as fuck, thank God.

My only concern is that those devs are not very good on the technical side. The engine is way too demanding for the visuals (it was a complete slide show on PS4, and still not locked 60fps on PS5), and the countless bugs were meme worthy.
Couldn't agree more man. The Dauntless subreddit didn't take the bugs lightly at all. A flurry of memes poured in. Also, love that I can hop into the game so quickly. Can't say the same for many other games of this category, including paid ones.

OP
OP
SpartaNNNN

SpartaNNNN

Nov 12, 2020
It is mate. Sure the title has its ups and downs, as with every other game, but I love the satisfying combat system. Moreover, it's much more a simple affair than, say, Monster Hunter World. You're not stuck in a complex loop of so many different enemy types and their patterns.

It's a dead game mate, 100k sub-reddit fans, will be closed soon - wasn't good enough.

hassamnasir

Sep 10, 2021
There's no concrete evidence that the game is dying or dead. Oh, and I didn't know subreddits were dictating player bases now.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Dauntless is also full crossplay, PC, Xbox, Playstation (Switch ?). I always find people in random matchmaking even at empty hours here.