• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 20, 2021
Last edited by a moderator:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I didn't realize Talib Kweli wrapped himself up in this shit.

Dave just cannot fathom of a world where he's wrong about something, can he?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
"These were grown people of various genders and gender identities," Chappelle said. "They threw eggs. They threw eggs at the [fans] who were lined up to see the show… They was doing all that shit. Throwing eggs and they had this rallying cry: they go, 'Go home transphobe.' They kept saying that: 'Go home, transphobe,' and 'fuck you, transphobe.' It was really confusing, but if you replace the word transphobe for n—– it makes perfect sense."

So it was people from all walks of life...calling you the n-word. Got it. Makes total sense.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
You are a cis male oppressing people even more vulnerable than you Dave. You will never be the victim you want to pretend to be no matter how much you kick and screen and lie about this. So fuck off.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
snowflake-3317-423a9ae38f3342e0c130c5473fee6d3c@1x.jpg

Look how big my snowflake pic is!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Lol. Absolute galaxy brain way of trying to stop people calling you a transphobe for being transphobic.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
There's gonna be transphobic black people who eat this up unfortunately. This shit drives me crazy because he's trying to accuse people standing against bigotry racist.

Vourlis

Aug 14, 2022
United States
For a guy who used to cover a WIDE variety of topics, which is what made him so exceptionally prolific and entertaining, he sure seems hyper dialed in on trans people...

Maybe he should you know, talk about literally anything else...and maybe never talk about trans people ever again? He's done enough damage already...

Like please, anything else. New material, please...I beg of you...this just ain't your lane, my guy...

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Dave becoming a piece of shit over the last handful of years has been the worst.

there's Kanye I guess. It's a tier and they're both on it. Jesus.

We do not claim him. Willing to trade for cash considerations and a refurbished set of AirPods 2

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Watching his past special when it first came out, he thinks that being trans is a way for white people to transform themselves into a minority. It's fucking bonkers.

Holy shit!

(I didn't watch them after I heard he was transphobic, so I never knew he said this.)

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Dave doesn't accept the parallelism between racism and bigotry. He thinks it's ok to attack trans people, and that it's not on the same level as racism.

That's why Dave is a fraud.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
pretty sure it's not the first time he has said this too.

He's definitely said shit like this before. It's disgusting how much he keeps trying to pit black people against trans people like it's a fucking race or some shit.

Motherfucker came back and first thing he did was get high off his own farts. Fucking infuriating.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit!

(I didn't watch them after I heard he was transphobic, so I never knew he said this.)

I don't remember the exact wording but its basically along the lines of "And now you have to call me Ms., N-word." or something. It completely throws out the idea that minorities can also be trans.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this dude so intent on being the victim? Closet narcissism? 🤔

Because he can't fathom of other people being oppressed. He's singularly focused on his own particular experience and the idea that trans people are suffering makes him super mad. He doesn't even acknowledge the fact that black trans women have been forerunners for just about every bit of social progress we've had in this country over the past century, he just paints all trans folks with the same brush and writes them all off at once.

Motherfucker came back and first thing he did was get high off his own farts. Fucking infuriating.

His selfishness is genuinely flabbergasting. I cannot believe how self-centered he's turned out to be.

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
I wish he would stop. He gets too much attention and mainstreams the idea that backlash against anti-trans hate is persecution.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching his past special when it first came out, he thinks that being trans is a way for white people to transform themselves into a minority. It's fucking bonkers.
How the hell can someone rationalize that idea considering the fact that trans people of every race and nationality exist? As for America specifically, some of the most prominent trans people in history are black women.

MCee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay Area

Yeah it's a bit weird. I don't believe him or Mos were ever derogatory of the LGBTQ. I mean Common took backlash to heart after Dooinit on LWFC.

Chappelle turned into a man child. Just doesn't want to accept that his opinion is a hateful one and gives a feeling of legitimacy to people who actively work against the existence of LGBTQ folks.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
He just seems super obsessed with the topic. Like he short circuited or something.

He's been in this train for a decade no?

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Calling out my transphobe behavior is actually racist!" is a line of reasoning I honestly didn't expect, but here we are.

It absolutely isn't. He said this before.

Jfc seriously?!? I didn't even know that. I figured this was some new line of "defense" but I guess not. Gross.

Proudly Sponsored by Netflix!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Because trans people are all white. Clearly. /s

It's such a vast, stupid logic hole a child could drive a truck through it (and yes I'm probably mixing metaphors but w/e)

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This might have just hurt his reputation more outside of trans circles.... Like... He used to speak truth to power now he's literally talking like the power he tried to bring down. I feel embarrassed loving this man in my youth

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah and Yasiin Bey (aka Mos Def) too. I guess I'm not totally surprised, I mean Chappelle used to have them on his show back in the day and Kweli has had his own controversy. But still disappointed.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
"Art is a nuanced endeavor," he continued. "I have a belief that they are trying to take the nuance out of speech in American culture, that they're making people speak as if they're either on the right or the left. Everything seems absolute, and any opinion I respect is way more nuanced than these binary choices they keep putting in front of us. I don't see the world in red or blue."

A review of that specific show....

He also ridiculed protesters who had spent a few hours outside the Varsity before the show, swearing through bullhorns and picking fights with fans. Chappelle referred to them as a small group of transgender lunatics and joked that they were probably hired by his wife, determined to suck the joy out of his life. He also shrugged off the idea that they posed any real threat.

"I can see a transgender hit squad coming from a mile away," he said, slapping the microphone against his thigh, a move that's become his trademark.
He chided a woman in the front row for wearing a mask, called monkeypox a "gay disease" and accused "The Price Is Right" of being racist.

Such nuance

https://www.startribune.com/review-...us-doesnt-justify-superhigh-prices/600191892/

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
great, more endless discourse about how bold and challenging his takes are and how important it is to have voices like him out there....when nothing he has to say about trans people is any more profound than what you see from random ppl on twitter.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I can only imagine it must be incredibly frustrating for any of his trans critics that are black, as if they don't exist.