Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

So long story short, David Jaffe (ex game director for God of War PS2) posted a screencap where he publicly dissed an indie Steam game (that has many positive reviews) while requesting a refund and saying that the reviewers were trolling. When the reviewers and the developer call him out he replied with a video he made, seemingly that he started the drama to promote his youtube channel.

Last edited:

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
"Embarrassing" is actually one of the more polite ways to describe David Jaffe

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is he even working on games these days?

I wish Twisted Metal PS3 was a success, it was so good :(

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I see this advertisement for the game than this man's ego. This game looks cool. Never heard about it before

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How did you arrive to him starting the drama to promote his channel?
Seems like he directed them to a response that he prepped...instead of trying to write out a whole twitter thread in response.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Well, I can almost guarantee this will lead to more sales for this game so... there's that at least

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like I'm not saying don't laugh at monkeys when they throw their poo, I'm saying maybe don't go out of your way to build them a stage and put out advertising so they can throw that poo at as wide of an audience as possible.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't get Jaffe. Maybe it's the a broken clock is right twice a day thing. Like sometimes he got very good takes like calling out people over inclusivity on Twitter, but then you get shit like this and his extremely weird YouTube channel.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't he always had this kind of attitude? He didn't take me as a person that is overly respectful.

Jayuk

Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to find where I've read it before, but I swear I've read a supposed developer of the original God of War say that Jaffe basically was garbage, and that it was the original team getting their shit together that made the og God of War what it was. I can't seem to find it unfortunately, and it's very likely that it was just some made up BS, but with how washed up Jaffe became, I am very inclined to believe that it's true. I really hope Sony doesn't give this man money for another game project flop again.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Well now I know about his youtube channel...but I will not watch because fuck Jaffe and whatever he's doing.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to find where I've read it before, but I swear I've read a supposed developer of the original God of War say that Jaffe basically was garbage, and that it was the original team getting their shit together that made the og God of War what it was. I can't seem to find it unfortunately, and it's very likely that it was just some made up BS, but with how washed up Jaffe became, I am very inclined to believe that it's true. I really hope Sony doesn't give this man money for another game project flop again.

He made a video a few days ago mocking Jim Ryan and Shawn Layden, so I doubt they will lmao. Also he mocked Phil Spencer pretty hard to the point where Spencer blocked him on Twitter. So I don't know who'd want to work with him at this point.

Also he seems to be done with big games though. So if we were to return to game development it would be something small.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
Time for another patented Jaffe Gaffe ™ (air horn sound) (car crash sound)

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
As someone who adored Twisted Metal since childhood, the more I hear from him lately, the more crushed I am.
When I first looked him up on TM documentaries and following him through TM 2013 update videos a decade or so ago he seemed loud, brash and eccentric, but also excited and creative.
He's gone full goddamn wacko with his social platforms, pumping out all his garbage and he seems to be getting worse and worse as time goes on.
Just stop David, do something creative instead of destructive just for hits.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Well this got me to take a look at the game's store page, at least...

It looks like "What if Postal was a Deus Ex-esque immersive sim made by Suda51?"

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Guy is a fucking, cringy idiot who looks like a uncle Fester in his best days and a hobo in his worst, get a job dude.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guy has been an embarrassing jerk since forever. it always blew my mind on the other forum when people would kiss his ass every time he posted.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
354062.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.