• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
What a year it will be for Sony. They will have 4 huge AAA first party game. Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding.
I'm impressed. I think Nintendo will also have a very huge year in 2019. (Animal Crossing, Mario/Zelda 2D, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Pikmin 4, Star Fox, new IPs Koizumi has said will come in 2019...)
It will be a mind blown year for those two.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
It's a great trailer. The world genuinely feels haunting and exploring it feels positively daunting which makes safe places all the more exciting. The story so far looks decent too so if it delivers in gameplay, setting, narrative, which it seems it will, then it's gonna be one hell of a ride!

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Yo, I didn't realize wildlife was going to be such a major factor.

Hype increasing above already critical levels.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great between the strong 1p storytelling and the emergent gameplay involving the Zs but also infected animals and npc factions (looks like an assassin is after you too?).

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Rough as in gameplay or performance? If the latter, I hope you realize how silly that statement was seeing how it's not coming out for another 9 months, which is more than enough time to optimize and was probably the main reason why they delayed.

Both. But more so, the gameplay shown simply hasn't been very exciting. I feel good about the game but it's certainly the most questionable PS4 exclusive in a while.

May 5, 2018
Sounds like Sony is loading up on late 2018 anyways with Spider Man, Dreams and GoT. Good to let the devs polish up Days Gone as a signature PS4 exclusive for 2019.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Terrible trailer, the most exciting thing about the game is the hordes of zombies.....which they didn't show :/

Still, day one.

asheliaX

Feb 3, 2018
The Seychelles
That trailer was dope. And this is coming from someone who really isn't all that interested in another zombie game (and yes, they are zombies). I might actually pick this up if it reviews well. That story trailer really has me intrigued.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how this sets up their year. Makes me think one of Death Stranding or TLOU2 will be early 2020.

mob21

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is probably the hardest pass I've given a game in the last decade. My lord does this look to be a massive bust

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looking forward to this. It looks good mostly and I hope Bend polishes it up good.

mob21

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As mentioned earlier, lots of cool new things in this trailer.

Bear
Mountain lion
Zombie wolves
Zombie ravens
New freakers
Sniper segments
New characters
New locations
Etc

they arent zombie wolves they are freaker wolves !
423593727668256780.png

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
haven't been particularly hyped by anything from this game, but that shot of the horde chasing the grizzly is admittedly compelling

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
2019 is looking to be a great year for Sony.

Same for Nintendo, actually.

it could be 2017 all over again.

We're truly in a golden age

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The concept looks incredibly good. I think it'll live or die on how well pulled off the emergent elements are, as well as how good the writing is. Some of the stuff in the footage so far is.. Eh.., but there's time for rewrites. Horror games thrive on predictability. Will they be able to deliver that consistently? Or will it become, "Oh, great, another scripted ambush sequence"? Hopefully the former.

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
I seriously don't care at all about the kind of story they're trying to tell. Sounds super uninteresting at first sight. But everything else looks good, so I'll probably wait for reviews to drop before I make my decision, like I did with God of War.

Surprised to see so many people already on the "day one" train with this given how rough the game has been in previews.

I have high hopes for it but it's certainly not a "day one" prospect yet.

Game has been shown in the open 10 months before it was supposed to release. This stuff happens. I remember how Nathan fell to a bottomless abyss of emptyness after dying during an Uncharted 4 live demo. If the game looked like that in December, then things may have been different.