• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Considering buying this. Have the patches fixed most of the serious bugs and issues, or should I wait some more?

I read in a review that the bike is seriously weak to crash damage. Is this a problem to the extent it becomes a hassle?
People still have bugs but nothing much on my end a new patch seems to come out next week as well.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhh dang, it would have been nice to have it available for every horde.

What, that's not true, you have the bar for every horde later in the game. I think it only doesn't show the bar if you're midgame and are not supposed to take on the hordes. I just platinumed the games a few minutes ago and every horde left had the "health" bar.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
So on the topic of mission hordes (late mission spoilers):

I already eliminated the sawmill horde but now I'm reading that one of the late game missions has you go there to do just that. So will it respawn or will the game just skip that mission?

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
so O'Brien just gave me my wife's lanyard thing and told me about that militia at crater lake. Is that super close to the end? I'm asking because I'm kind of running out of patience. The game is losing me, man. My interest in the story is kind of waning.

Oct 2, 2018
so O'Brien just gave me my wife's lanyard thing and told me about that militia at crater lake. Is that super close to the end? I'm asking because I'm kind of running out of patience. The game is losing me, man. My interest in the story is kind of waning.

you have about 6 (maybe 10) hours or more. It takes ages to get to the end.

So on the topic of mission hordes (late mission spoilers):

I already eliminated the sawmill horde but now I'm reading that one of the late game missions has you go there to do just that. So will it respawn or will the game just skip that mission?

it won't respawn. You go right to the objective and the mission ends.

(Comically, deacon will still huff and puff like he just had to do what the mission is)

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017

5-8 hours I would say.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Probably just over half way (or 2/3 of the way through dependant on how much side content you want to do) . You may as well go to the next location, see what you think and then make a decision on whether you want to continue or not.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Question about the Nomad mission?

So started the mission where you join the Holnists from the Postman. Reloaded an old save because I forgot to buy a gun, but are there any missions/side activities etc. that are locked out or can be completely missed if you start the mission. I gather that you can return to the rest of the map but is there anything that, for plot reasons or whatever, you just cannot complete later if you don't complete them before going West (or whatever direction)

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Question about the Nomad mission?

So started the mission where you join the Holnists from the Postman. Reloaded an old save because I forgot to buy a gun, but are there any missions/side activities etc. that are locked out or can be completely missed if you start the mission. I gather that you can return to the rest of the map but is there anything that, for plot reasons or whatever, you just cannot complete later if you don't complete them before going West (or whatever direction)

You can't miss anything at that point.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game is far, far too long. Like, being a 1/3 of its length would benefit it. Far too much low quality filler.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any good ways to farm exp and stuff yet? Been away for a week and want to try and get through it a little quicker.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Btw how do you get to the 2 Nero site on the southern most map. One is on an island next to the camp and the other is far right over the other side of a river?

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you guys stumble into ambush camps. I've been driving everywhere and not seeing a thing.

Oct 31, 2017
So I just finished a big mission at Iron Mike's camp that involves the bottom left part of the map. It was maybe the second mission that I did there.

I forget the mission name, so just to be safe, don't read spoilers unless you've beaten the entire game or you 100% know which one I'm talking about.

I can't for the life of me remember who Jessie was. I think I vaguely remember him being talked about maybe? His reveal was so dramatic, but I'm like, "Wait... what?" And then he goes after "Carlos" because it's really personal.

And he didn't last long, either. I'm curious how the story continues since I feel like I'm at the last 10 - 15% of the main story since I've gotten to the bottom left, I have full trust in two camps, and I've finished or almost finished the jobs in each camp. I feel like Deacon keeps doing things contrary to Iron Mike's requests and facing zero consequences. It's felt weird to me.

That said, I've really enjoyed the hell out of the game so far and love encountering hordes. The story up to that point just felt a bit strange to me.

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished a big mission at Iron Mike's camp that involves the bottom left part of the map. It was maybe the second mission that I did there.

I forget the mission name, so just to be safe, don't read spoilers unless you've beaten the entire game or you 100% know which one I'm talking about.

I can't for the life of me remember who Jessie was. I think I vaguely remember him being talked about maybe? His reveal was so dramatic, but I'm like, "Wait... what?" And then he goes after "Carlos" because it's really personal.

And he didn't last long, either. I'm curious how the story continues since I feel like I'm at the last 10 - 15% of the main story since I've gotten to the bottom left, I have full trust in two camps, and I've finished or almost finished the jobs in each camp. I feel like Deacon keeps doing things contrary to Iron Mike's requests and facing zero consequences. It's felt weird to me.

That said, I've really enjoyed the hell out of the game so far and love encountering hordes. The story up to that point just felt a bit strange to me.
There's quite a bit more to come.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I thought you always got the horde red bar indicator if you selected it as you current objective once you have located it (eg at endgame, you see the spots where the horde can be found, but until you actually catch sight of it, you don't get the proper icon for it. Select that and it is your objective). I've done quite a few, can't say I ever missed seeing a bar for them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I think picking up weapons should be "hold triangle" so square is reserved for looting bodies. I've dropped my guns so many times.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the platinum trophy!

I know an update is coming in June with more trophies but no way in hell am I going to play this game without some sort of NG+

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't know if I should make a thread or not, but if you platinum the game, Sony sends you a special dynamic theme. Just got the email.

It'll be titled "Surviving in a relentless world never looked so easy".

ybi1OtZziqcR2SJbHbLdXX67gwLtKO55kG4UEldUZQA9V_-i0XC94SkjOvySS7VNdpVpK9ujDvZIu_AtoC6UyC5KJgTgMO4706_ltt3VPcac1vb8PBDcZc-aOC5tM89kPRsI0SqqXIql=s0-d-e1-ft

x4GwJdrNWDqb03jXK2U0cRFTAM3AepNTHJDvxxQCWFOIpfQ8O5FFrD5raeBho7vSGkSJF4HWPNtzeZrd1Flk0X0iGM5cXgMBlY5IurUvQGcK7Gg-HCyECsUdob9cwwjB3e30S0tjikFO=s0-d-e1-ft

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished fourth camp arc......if I believed the fourth camp plot was dumb, the next arc is even dumber

The game starts to stretch on that part, good luck soldier

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just had my first ever crash back to the dashboard. Of course it had to happen as I was about to finish a horde with about 5-10 Freakers left :(

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Finished fourth camp arc......if I believed the fourth camp plot was dumb, the next arc is even dumber

Yeah, I don't get why people say the story gets much better. 3rd camp was ok, but for my taste, everything after it wasn't really good in any aspect. I think the critics are mostly right this one, after getting the platinum trophy I would give it a 7.5

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
This game looks really, really good at some points.

Don't remember the exact time of day (2am?), but there was a layer of fog across the landscape as far as the eye could see, it was stunning.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview

Don't remember the exact time of day (2am?), but there was a layer of fog across the landscape as far as the eye could see, it was stunning.

There are times of year up here where it's like that every morning (sometimes the town I live in gets pure Silent Hill with the fog). The team at Bend really captured the environment in an amazing way.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Holy fuck that latter game side mission where you are in the mineshaft and
a horde shows up after you rescue the guy. Being chased by a horde in such a tight space is so cruel. lol
Good luck to you all lolol

Fog is genuinely terrifying when wandering around at night.

And yeah the game is so gorgeous at times. I wish Photomode was easier to access. Its a struggle for me trying to take/edit photos after coming from playing AssCreedOdyssey

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Holy fuck that latter game side mission where you are in the mineshaft and
a horde shows up after you rescue the guy. Being chased by a horde in such a tight space is so cruel. lol
Good luck to you all lolol

Fog is genuinely terrifying when wandering around at night.

And yeah the game is so gorgeous at times. I wish Photomode was easier to access. Its a struggle for me trying to take/edit photos after coming from playing AssCreedOdyssey
Lol yep that mission was nasty!

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Yeah, I don't get why people say the story gets much better. 3rd camp was ok, but for my taste, everything after it wasn't really good in any aspect. I think the critics are mostly right this one, after getting the platinum trophy I would give it a 7.5
I can't get behind anything lower than 8 - the open world and weather effects get it to almost 8 on their own!

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
how do I get inside the community College? It's my last infestation zone