chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Wasnt dead rising 3 a launch title for the xbox one? A console that stripped all its drm 6 months before launch and was in panick stations to get games running for launch.

Or are you talking about dead rising 4, because dead rising 3 seems like an odd choice to compare this too.

No comparisons, just replying to the user wondering if another big single player game has had big patches, Dead Rising 3 was treated as kinda AAA back in the day.

edit: Also the patch was apparently 13GB, not 11.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I'm really looking forward to trying this just for the setting alone. There aren't really any other big AAA games set in Oregon that I can think of.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This game looks really sharp, graphically. If it reviews somewhere int he neighborhood of Horizon Zero Dawn, I'll probably pick it up.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I've been skeptical about the game since it's reveal. Nothing in the early trailers made the game look compelling or original.

I've since come around but that's only thanks to the extended gameplay footage that has only come out recently.

I mean, I get the "trolling" part of people being down on the game, but I think a larger part was Sony just marketing the game very poorly from the start.
I was on the same boat as you, but a lot of comments in some of these threads were more than disinterest or confusion. "We're flooded with zombie games" or "Last of Us exists, why even make this" were probably the most common

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to me how many people say the game has to get scores like certain games in order for them to buy it. Why not just read impressions from people and not worry about scores?

I dunno just me I guess.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
No comparisons, just replying to the user wondering if another big single player game has had big patches, Dead Rising 3 was treated as kinda AAA back in the day.

edit: Also the patch was apparently 13GB, not 11.

Ahh ok. So the only other single player game that has a day one patch that's a little over half the size of days gones is a launch title for a console that had one of the most borked launches in history.

I dont know if that's a good game to bring up lol.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh ok. So the only other single player game that has a day one patch that's a little over half the size of days gones is a launch title for a console that had one of the most borked launches in history.

I dont know if that's a good game to bring up lol.

As long as after downloading this 24GB Patch, Days Gone works like a charm and doesn't have any of those clipping bugs from random early-copy tweets, I'll be more than happy with sacrificing 24GB bandwidth for it.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Yeah but where are they? Playing the game obv but they could share some stuff with us lol :p

This game looks fantastic and is so clean. 🥰

1080p super sampled PNG screenshots. PS4 Pro.

i39X67h.png

TP5ENVd.png

Fa0P18Y.png

jP9dQbs.png

fySMnFA.png

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game honestly looks pretty good to me. I'm confused why so many people in the gaming media seem to be so down on it. Then again, I haven't actually played it, but it certainly doesn't look dull to me.

Ready at Dawn had a good track record as well - we know how that turned out

I quite liked The Order... Was way too short and definitely had its flaws, but I found it to be a very enjoyable experience.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What's the situation with interiors in the game? How complex they are and is there a loading screen for before entering

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Nope, it was a rhetorical question which you answered with a one word answer which aside from being completely inaccurate made no attempt to justify it with examples.

Why even answer the question when you don't even know what games launched with patch sizes this enormous?

If a single player game is so broken it needs a patch of that size it should be delayed otherwise we might just as well do away with physical copies of games altogether.

I guess you're looking for confrontation.

I'm not sure how anyone can think that the following reads like a rhetorical question. It doesn't.

Has there been many single player titles with such massive day one patches? I mean, please tell me the game at least launches unpatched?

I rather not waste my time researching patch sizes to prove a futile point.

Why even pose this question if you know the answer already?

Who said the game is broken? A large patch size has more to do with how the game is designed in any given engine. They're not adding 20 GB worth of fixes in the game, it would be absurd to think this.

If you're pissed about downloading updates then by all means don't buy the game. Or do, and vent your frustration.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess you're looking for confrontation.

I'm not sure how anyone can think that the following reads like a rhetorical question. It doesn't.

I rather not waste my time researching patch sizes to prove a futile point.

Why even pose this question if you know the answer already?

Who said the game is broken? A large patch size has more to do with how the game is designed in any given engine. They're not adding 20 GB worth of fixes in the game, it would be absurd to think this.

If you're pissed about downloading updates then by all means don't buy the game. Or do, and vent your frustration.

Yeah, patch size. vs. game quality is probably a good discussion...for another thread. Other than to say it's always a good idea to rebuild the database after installing large downloads/patches, or when "making room" for games by removing other games' installation footprints.

Let's focus on Days Gone's release and play experience here. Thank you.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Yeah, patch size. vs. game quality is probably a good discussion...for another thread. Other than to say it's always a good idea to rebuild the database after installing large downloads/patches, or when "making room" for games by removing other games' installation footprints.

Let's focus on Days Gone's release and play experience here. Thank you.

Yep, that type of discussion will most likely lead to derailment.

I have never done a database rebuild on my PS4. Does it format the system?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, that type of discussion will most likely lead to derailment.

I have never done a database rebuild on my PS4. Does it format the system?

No, Rebuild is like de-fragmenting your PS4.

There is another option in the same menu called "Initialize", that's the one which wipes everything out. That's what you wanna avoid.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha We all know u will be the one with that one 6/10 review telling everyone " I told u so " while disregarding all the positive reviews .
I've been pretty consistent with my opinion of this game - I think it'll be a mixed bag of reviews, settling around 77-78 on metacritic. That's not a bad score at all and signifies a good game.

I think the Horde tech is incredible and I'm interested to see how that gameplay loop plays out + how the overall story and characters are received by reviewers. It's just rather surprising to me that the majority of posters in Days Gone threads are so overwhelmingly optimistic and ignore some of the signs/feedback that has come from this game and developer.

If it's ends up being a great game I'll be the first to admit it. I was one of the people who thought Horizon would be fantastic because GG had a track record of great gameplay + that world had very interesting concepts. Additionally they made some very great strategic hires to fix their shortcomings (story telling + quest designers).

I don't think this is another The Order situation but I don't see how it's an unfair comparison to put Ready at Dawn and Sony Bend in the same sentence. RAD made GREAT games on portable systems, arguably better than Golden Abyss. Additionally, many of the same developers from the Syphon Filter games are no longer even working at Bend.

I'll refrain from posting in this thread though until after reviews since apparently I think this game will be "horrible" even tho I've never said that in any of my posts.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
First review was posted by a German site .they gave it 8.3/10.they said it's great just some technical issues but they were on 1.2 .so who knows maybe some of the issues are ironed out on 1.3