Status
Not open for further replies.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
It's not much of a legitimate criticism to base all those complaints off a few invitations to an event that hasn't happened yet for a game no one has played.

Yeah it is. It's what they're putting out there, of course I can voice my concerns about the direction the writing seems to be taking.

I honestly don't care that much, but man, y'all acting like people want Sony Bend to burn down or something.

Of all topics I did not expect this kind of nonsense here.

It doesn't even make sense.

What's nonsense about what I'm saying? Stop being so defensive lol

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
nothing like a dead wife to be the motivation for a bland protagonist to explore a bland open world

giphy.gif

What does Breath of the Wild have to do with anything?

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it is. It's what they're putting out there, of course I can voice my concerns about the direction the writing seems to be taking.

I honestly don't care that much, but man, y'all acting like people want Sony Bend to burn down or something.

Not sure how you can criticize the games writing because of an invitation to an event about the game. It's not even advertising intended for the general audience, it's intended for the people invited.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Did we ever get confirmation that Sarah does indeed die? I mean, I'm like 99% sure she will, but it would be cool if she's just separated from Deacon throughout the game for other reasons.
In the first hour trailer from gameinformer deacon and boozers talks a little about the vanish\dead of sarah but i'm not 100% of her dead to be honest...

Min 18:40 they talk about a refugee camp and a chopper...

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This thread is funny. It's just marketing teasing a new story trailer I imagine, there's really no need to get so annoyed about it. Sure we can make inferences about the story, but we need the full game to make any real judgements.

Maybe it'll be a really good story? Maybe it won't? Who knows!

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wanna play through that shit and the start of the outbreak, i hate that they always skip to when shit already went down

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can you guys imagine if people die at this wedding? Especially Deacon's wife? That would be crazy.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Not sure how you can criticize the games writing because of an invitation to an event about the game. It's not even advertising intended for the general audience, it's intended for the people invited.

It's not just the invite, it's pretty much all the story stuff I've seen. It's not even bad, just sort of... uninspired, I guess? Maybe I'm just tired of zombie stuff.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Or perhaps people have legitimate criticisms and are voicing them?

Well, we don't actually know anything since all we've been shown is literally a wedding invite lol. Also, mazi (unsurprisingly) also stated in his post that both the protagonist and game world are bland despite not having even played the game yet, so the legitimacy of some of these criticisms is questionable.

Oct 27, 2017
Wanna play through that shit and the start of the outbreak, i hate that they always skip to when shit already went down
We will be getting flashbacks to even before the outbreak happens so even if it isn't in the prologue we will play through the before/beginning the outbreak
In the first hour trailer from gameinformer deacon and boozers talks a little about the vanish\dead of sarah but i'm not 100% of her dead to be honest...
I gotta watch that video again but I do remember hearing the same thing. I am doubtful she is dead, to be honest. I find Deacon losing most of his gang due to the freakers (probably at the wedding itself) to be a much more likely thing to happen.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Its freaking marketing my god what is the deal here?
I don't understand your issue with my post... is it just because it isn't positive? You didn't react this way to all the other posts that are inferring how this represents the narrative - and it most certainly does have ties to the narrative
I'm amazed you got all of this from a couple invitations to an event lol.
What do you mean? There's dozens of posts in this thread inferring that the invitation is not a random idea and is tied to the narrative of the game in some way. What is different about mine for you? I've seen the marketing for this game and it implies a certain dead family cliche

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
We will be getting flashbacks to even before the outbreak happens so even if it isn't in the prologue we will play through the before/beginning the outbreak

I gotta watch that video again but I do remember hearing the same thing. I am doubtful she is dead, to be honest. I find Deacon losing most of his gang due to the freakers (probably at the wedding itself) to be a much more likely thing to happen.
At 18:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IW_79PaiRo&t=

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean? There's dozens of posts in this thread inferring that the invitation is not a random idea and is tied to the narrative of the game in some way. What is different about mine for you? I've seen the marketing for this game and it implies a certain dead family cliche

You can infer there is a wedding and something bad may happen. That's about it and judging more from a simple invitation seems foolish.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In another DG thread was someone who translated the story and he wrote very positive about it.
Nice to hear. I hope we won't see and hear much more. Maybe a "launch trailer" and that's it. I've seen enough already.
It's not just the invite, it's pretty much all the story stuff I've seen. It's not even bad, just sort of... uninspired, I guess? Maybe I'm just tired of zombie stuff.
Expect a story you will find in the The Walking Dead TV series. If you expect something like The Shawshank Redemption, maybe... look somewhere else.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
You can infer there is a wedding and something bad may happen. That's about it and judging more from a simple invitation seems foolish.
Yet you chose just me to voice your opinion to and not any of the posts before mine claiming stuff like "the game will have an emotional narrative"

The invitation has context among other marketing they've done. We can infer a cliche incoming because the marketing itself has displayed cliches and communicated in cliches.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I'm not convinced about the dead of sarah but deacon and boozers sure are...
Deacon mention is DEAD wife when he talks to manny about a particular part of his motorcycle.

juventino13

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart
I hope it has improved and looks more polished because it was looking rough not too long ago. Still on radar, but very cautious about it

Status
Not open for further replies.