KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean isn't it pretty obvious that Sony doesn't want to have TLOU 2 and Days Gone in the same conference? That's why it was pretty obviously and smartly Game Informer's May cover. Not to mention it already got two gameplay demos at E3.

Is there a Sony conference where both TLOU 2 and Days Gone were present? If I remember correctly it was,
E3 2016 - Days Gone
PSX 2016 - TLOU 2
E3 2017 - Days Gone
PGW 2017 TLOU 2
E3 2018 - TLOU 2
TGS 2018 - Days Gone.

It's because Sony actually know what they're doing regarding their IP's and they clearly hear people's feedback regarding them. As someone above said, it's a game people DID NOT WANT at this year's E3 for the simple reason it had already been shown enough. I fact I imagine the only reason Spiderman was even there is becaue of it releasing a few months later. If they showed it, they'd have caught flak. If they didn't they seemingly get flak too.

Days gone will be VERY present towards the end of the year when it's closer to actually being released. it simply didn't need to be at E3. TLOU2 was this year's post apocalyptic zombie gameplay showing. That's all Sony needed to "win" so why go beyond that?

Also. Days gone WAS at E3. It was when they first showed this gameplay. It even got a new trailer. It just wasn't taking up time on stage.

https://youtu.be/-WrmDH1Rm5A

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I just watched it and I don't remember anything.

The sooner Bend finish this and move onto something interesting the better.

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
I get it, but if sony doesn't mention an exclusive at the e3 conference, it doesn't show that exclusive at all, no trailers before or during the conference, no gameplay livestreams, no nothing, that's what happened with The last of us in 2017, if sony decides that an exclusive AAA game is gonna be somewhere, it's gonna make a big fucking deal about it one way or another, and releasing the E3 trailer days before the conference(which was a pretty mediocre trailer at that) is not showing me that they're making a big fucking deal about it.

The Game Informer coverage was the big deal, that's what replaced E3 for Days Gone. And it was very successful since Days Gone videos did great.

And they are obviously gonna have Days Gone on live streams after the conference and release some trailers before or after since it's coming out early next year, they just don't want to have both TLOU 2 and Days Gone in the actual conference, it doesn't mean they are trying to bury the game or don't have confidence in it.

Also. Days gone WAS at E3. It was when they first showed this gameplay. It even got a new trailer. It just wasn't taking up time on stage.

I mean, yeah I know, I meant the actual conference.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks better and better each time they show it off. The graphics and animations already look a lot more polished.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's because Sony actually know what they're doing regarding their IP's and they clearly hear people's feedback regarding them. As someone above said, it's a game people DID NOT WANT at this year's E3 for the simple reason it had already been shown enough. I fact I imagine the only reason Spiderman was even there is becaue of it releasing a few months later. If they showed it, they'd have caught flak. If they didn't they seemingly get flak too.

Days gone will be VERY present towards the end of the year when it's closer to actually being released. it simply didn't need to be at E3. TLOU2 was this year's post apocalyptic zombie gameplay showing. That's all Sony needed to "win" so why go beyond that?

Yep, smart marketing. I wouldn't be surprised if TLOU shows up at PSX/VGAs to unveil the MP section and DG shows up at Gamescom continuing the cycle.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
I'm interested in this game, but I'm not being honest if I don't mention that I'm concerned about it. Hoping it ends up good but it seems like it'll end up more in The Order 1886 category instead of the Horizon category.
That, and the World War Z game doing the same horde stuff but more interesting is deflating some interest. Still have hope

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
All I need is a good story trailer for the game to become a Day 1 for me. That's the only part of the game that worries me so far. Them hordes got me hooked and shooked.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I seriously can not relate to the theme they're always pushing with "a rider, a biker out in the midwest or somewhere with his brothers, etc." like forreal just could not be all excited with that notion.

Plus they go, "in a post-apocalyptic world with zombies" and I'm thinking uhm okay so double whammy. Looks promising but the whole setting and world is just ehhhhhh. Bikers, sure.

Oct 31, 2017
The Game Informer coverage was the big deal, that's what replaced E3 for Days Gone. And it was very successful since Days Gone videos did great.

And they are obviously gonna have Days Gone on live streams after the conference and release some trailers before or after since it's coming out early next year, they just don't want to have both TLOU 2 and Days Gone in the actual conference, it doesn't mean they are trying to bury the game or don't have confidence in it.

I mean, yeah I know, I meant the actual conference.
i guess you guys don't see the gaming conferences as that big of a deal if a game informer coverage is as important in your eyes, the reality is that this is the first time sony has treated one of its conference ending exclusives in a vastly different way then it usually does, and whether that's a good thing or a bad thing it's up for debate I guess but it's undeniable that sony's decision to move Day's Gone spotlight away from the conference completely was at the very least a little eyebrow-raising, especially when u consider that this was the only exclusive ever to get a story trailer and a gameplay trailer in the same E3 conference years ago.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The sound mixing on the trailer is very strange. Sound effects and dialog way too quiet. Music way too loud. This is really the official TGS trailer? hmm

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
i guess you guys don't see the gaming conferences as that big of a deal if a game informer coverage is as important in your eyes, the reality is that this is the first time sony has treated one of its conference ending exclusives in a vastly different way then it usually does, and whether that's a good thing or a bad thing it's up for debate I guess but it's undeniable that sony's decision to move Day's Gone spotlight away from the conference completely was at the very least a little eyebrow-raising, especially when u consider that this was the only exclusive ever to get a story trailer and a gameplay trailer in the same E3 conference years ago.

I'm going to tell you something that will BLOW YOUR MIND.

The vast majority of gamers around the world don't know what E3 is. They don't get up at 3am or take time off work to watch the Sony presser because they're in different time zones. It's not the 'biggest stage' by a long shot.

DG missing 2018 E3 says nothing about Sony's confidence in the game.

The GI coverage has gotten comparable social metrics to an E3 showing, and the next big messaging push you'll see for it will start mid-December with the big push coming in the 6 weeks around the 22nd.

I'm still in the fence about it, but that's more to do with questions about how things like inventory management and the control layout work, rather than the content which looks awesome - a horde featuring zombie wildlife? I'm down for that.

Days Gone is 30-year-old-boomer-core.

There are no 30 year old 'boomers'. The baby boom is very clearly defined as people born in the 20 years after WW2 ended, so minimum they're in their 50s by now.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think it looks fantastic and I really like actual hordes moving across the map, nice and unique... does look a little clunky, but hoping they have a lot of time to improve that between now and then... but having said that, the release in-between metro and anthem (dont think crackdown is any problem for it)... is crazy and they should look at moving it out a bit.

I also think its crazy that metro and anthem are releasing on the same day, someone is going to blink, I hope Sony have sense to move days gone into a better timeframe, the only problem is, I can actually see something else moving as well.... we shall see.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm going to tell you something that will BLOW YOUR MIND.

The vast majority of gamers around the world don't know what E3 is. They don't get up at 3am or take time off work to watch the Sony presser because they're in different time zones. It's not the 'biggest stage' by a long shot.

DG missing 2018 E3 says nothing about Sony's confidence in the game.

The GI coverage has gotten comparable social metrics to an E3 showing, and the next big messaging push you'll see for it will start mid-December with the big push coming in the 6 weeks around the 22nd.

I'm still in the fence about it, but that's more to do with questions about how things like inventory management and the control layout work, rather than the content which looks awesome - a horde featuring zombie wildlife? I'm down for that.

There are no 30 year old 'boomers'. The baby boom is very clearly defined as people born in the 20 years after WW2 ended, so minimum they're in their 50s by now.
I'm sorry why did u feel the need to specify this to me? I never made mention of gamers' knowledge of the event, I always talked about the event from Sony's perspective, and not the biggest stage? I'm sorry what lol, you're really making the argument that the e3 press conference is not most important game marketing event for a company like sony to show off their products? I guess the fact that the biggest announcements and reveals happens there including new consoles reveals is just pure coincidence I guess.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
The only thing that I can see affecting the sales of this game negatively are either terrible reviews or the time its being launched being absolutely packed with potentially great games. Otherwise open world sandbox zombie screams "easy sell".

i agree. but i think the problem i & others have with days gone is the fact that that appears to basically be all it is. yeah, the horde thing has its appeal, but otherwise, story/context/character-wise, there's nothing there but one extremely tired cliche after another. so, yeah, while it may succeed financially, that doesn't really make it especially appealing in any way :) ...

Oct 27, 2017
i agree. but i think the problem i & others have with days gone is the fact that that appears to basically be all it is. yeah, the horde thing has its appeal, but otherwise, story/context/character-wise, there's nothing there but one extremely tired cliche after another. so, yeah, while it may succeed financially, that doesn't really make it especially appealing in any way :) ...
Are you speaking for the minority? Because this game is appealing to the majority of people and just because something is extremely tired to you doesn't mean it is the same for everyone.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Are you speaking for the minority? Because this game is appealing to the majority of people and just because something is extremely tired to you doesn't mean it is the same for everyone.

the minority? who knows? i'm speaking for myself & others having a problem getting particularly excited about the game (i'll very likely be playing it, in any case, tho maybe not day 1). very hard to tell, most of the time, just who the majority/minority are on just about any subject around here :) ...

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Really no matter how many times it is explain people will ignore it why even bother really.

I am tried of doing this ever single Days Gone topic.

Last edited:

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. I can see myself just riding around on my bike taking in everything the world has to offer.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea how people think a Triple A, third person, cinematic action adventure zombie Sony first party exclusive is going to bomb on PS4 eatly next year with an even bigger install base after Christmas hungering for more.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
This will be great. This will be the first AAA story driven zombie game.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
The gunplay still looks extremely off for me. I am not sure if its the sound or the feedback but it kind of feels like a pea shooter?

Its like as though the guns don't have much impact.

Mar 17, 2018
I just watched it and I don't remember anything.

The sooner Bend finish this and move onto something interesting the better.

Honestly, I don't think so here. They NEED this game to succeed dude. They got about 6 months to make this into something worth playing, and that is easily doable. Right now the engine and direction look a bit rough, but that is to be expected at this point. While I hope they become their own studio, we all really need this game to succeed.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I wonder if one of the lines in Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana said, "Omai wa mo shindeiru".

Also, I really hope that some of the previous dialogues that were utterly out of place and hamfisted have been rectified.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I'm sorry why did u feel the need to specify this to me? I never made mention of gamers' knowledge of the event, I always talked about the event from Sony's perspective, and not the biggest stage? I'm sorry what lol, you're really making the argument that the e3 press conference is not most important game marketing event for a company like sony to show off their products? I guess the fact that the biggest announcements and reveals happens there including new consoles reveals is just pure coincidence I guess.

Which is why they chose PSX for the first TLOUII trailer I guess. Because that's a minor IP.

Or all the announcements at PGW last year timed around the 1X launch window.

And the last two console reveals + PSVR have had their own events.

E3 is important, but it's not the only or biggest stage for Sony (or anyone else for that matter, look at R*) to announce things from, so their not putting DG in their 2018 presser doesn't mean what you think it means.

Oct 31, 2017
Which is why they chose PSX for the first TLOUII trailer I guess. Because that's a minor IP.

Or all the announcements at PGW last year timed around the 1X launch window.

And the last two console reveals + PSVR have had their own events.

E3 is important, but it's not the only or biggest stage for Sony (or anyone else for that matter, look at R*) to announce things from, so their not putting DG in their 2018 presser doesn't mean what you think it means.
every new console(the pro being the only exception) since the beginning of time has been revealed at e3, almost every single high profile playstation(and microsoft and nintendo for that matter) exclusive that I can remember has had their gameplay reveal(the most important and anticipated type of reveal for a game) at E3: God of war, Horizon, Death stranding, Spider man, Infamous second son, ghost of tsushima, The last of us part II, the last guardian, detroit, and yes, Day's Gone. And this is just for this generation.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No idea how people think a Triple A, third person, cinematic action adventure zombie Sony first party exclusive is going to bomb on PS4 eatly next year with an even bigger install base after Christmas hungering for more.
State of decay 2 proved that this won't bomb. It could bomb critically but it'll sell some copies

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How i wish they'd change that generic as all hell main character (like they did with Infamous 2 Cole). I cannot get hyped for the game due to not being able to connect with such a bleh looking character.

Elysiums

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
This game won't be a classic.. but is going to be really fun to play.

On the other hand I find funny that most of the people that call this game a "bomba" have a post history on Nintendo and xbox threads most of the time.