• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
kXLFzDt.gif

"Master Kent. He said you'd come."

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Friend posted this

I thought was funny

It's up there with "XYZ is the best DC movie since The Dark Knight"

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Why write a new article when you can just lazily recycle the same nonsense from 2017 right ? clicks are clicks .

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
DCEU Era |OT3| It's Harley's World and We're Just Living In It
I'm good with this.
It's up there with "XYZ is the best DC movie since The Dark Knight"
I get so tired of seeing that phrase. It's used in articles and twitter.
Got a kinda early screening for BoP. It's on the 4nd.

2nd or 4th?

And I'm not driving my ass 2 hours to Charlotte to see the movie without my wife... So says my wife.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Geoff was the one making things worse. He got demoted after all once Hamada came along and Jim Lee was promoted to a larger role.
How did you guess Geoff when he's the one still actively helping the DCEU? Like there's not an executive who was shoved out for an inappropriate relationship with an actress?

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
How did you guess Geoff when he's the one still actively helping the DCEU? Like there's not an executive who was shoved out for an inappropriate relationship with an actress?
Either he was made to take the fall or he was way over his head when it comes to films. He does a decent job when it comes to TV shows and is very good at comics so I will give him that. He clearly wanted DC films to succeed but from a critical standpoint it wasnt working out, I guess Hamada has a better idea on how to make these movies both critically and financially successful.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Either he was made to take the fall or he was way over his head when it comes to films. He does a decent job when it comes to TV shows and is very good at comics so I will give him that. He clearly wanted DC films to succeed but from a critical standpoint it wasnt working out, I guess Hamada has a better idea on how to make these movies both critically and financially successful.

You can't say that because he came into power going into and going out of Justice League. He was never given the chance and given a raw deal. Why do you think they kept him around and gave him exclusive deal after he left?

Again, how about look at the creep who was running WB who is on record for it making it the shit-show that it was.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
You can't say that because he came into power going into and going out of Justice League. He was never given the chance and given a raw deal. Why do you think they kept him around and gave him exclusive deal after he left?

Again, how about look at the creep who was running WB who is on record for it making it the shit-show that it was.
Maybe we will hear the full story someday I don't know. All I know is that Geoff is gone from that role and DC films are doing better critically.

Stahp eeet.

584059208899756078.png

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
Johns never got to see a film through the entirety of pre-production to release, so it's difficult to gauge his performance. The only two things he got to work on:

- Suicide Squad -- post-production (not sure if he played any role in the reshoots since they began days after BvS' release)
- Justice League -- production (was frequently on-set since he wasn't involved in pre-production) and post-production (drove changes he wanted plus those instilled on him by higher executives, like the 2-hour runtime by Tsujihara)

A lot of people blame those two movie's failures on Johns, but he's probably pretty low on the list. I think those movies would've been duds regardless.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe we will hear the full story someday I don't know. All I know is that Geoff is gone from that role and DC films are doing better critically.

Stahp eeet.

584059208899756078.png
But Geoff is still there and actively helping out the films so....

ResponsibleCompetentAfricanwilddog-size_restricted.gif

Johns never got to see a film through the entirety of pre-production to release, so it's difficult to gauge his performance. The only two things he got to work on:

- Suicide Squad -- post-production (not sure if he played any role in the reshoots since they began days after BvS' release)
- Justice League -- production (was frequently on-set since he wasn't involved in pre-production) and post-production (drove changes he wanted plus those instilled on him by higher executives, like the 2-hour runtime by Tsujihara)

A lot of people blame those two movie's failures on Johns, but he's probably pretty low on the list. I think those movies would've been duds regardless.
He was also active in Aquaman's, Wonder Woman's, and Shazam's productions. But don't tell Dierce that.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't we forgetting somebody who wanted his bonus and is responsible of the mess that Justice League became?

Not really fair to put the blame on Geoff.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
If Geoff Johns had any major say as a producer, we would have seen something of Green Lantern Corps by now. Its release date was supposed to be five months from now lol

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
259744753703190558.png

Nope. How hard is it to see that Geoff is no longer the president of DC films. Not saying that he was a bad hombre, at least he seems better than the fraud Jon Berg.
There is no question that he isn't the president anymore, but you're acting like he's not taking an active role in developing the current DCEU movies and that just not true based on all evidence.
If Geoff Johns had any major say as a producer, we would have seen something of Green Lantern Corps by now. Its release date was supposed to be five months from now lol
Is that the only comic you know by Geoff Johns?

Last edited:

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
There is no question that he isn't the president anymore, but you're acting like he's not taking an active role in developing the current DCEU movies and that just not true based on all evidence.
He is still involved as a producer but movies have multiple producers. There is equally no evidence that he has an influential role with any of these latest films with the exception of WW84 which he co-wrote.
548961183231639555.png

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
He is still involved as a producer but movies have multiple producers. There is equally no evidence that he has an influential role with any of these latest films with the exception of WW84 which he co-wrote.
548961183231639555.png
Both Wan and Sandberg said that Geoff was influential during the development of Aquaman and Shazam. You should really read up before you go spouting off nonsense as usual. Geoff has his hands in most DC media nowadays. We can go all day pleighboy.
giphy.gif

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Both Wan and Sandberg said that Geoff was influential during the development of Aquaman and Shazam. You should really read up before you go spouting off nonsense as usual. Geoff has his hands in most DC media nowadays. We can go all day pleighboy.
giphy.gif
Of course not denying that James Wan and David Sandberg used Geoff's take on the characters of Aquaman and Shazam. It was clearly highly influential but keep in mind that the role of film president entails more than just creative input. He has to manage other people, manage egos and that is probably where Geoff failed. The management aspect.

500495544536530945.png

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Of course not denying that James Wan and David Sandberg used Geoff's take on the characters of Aquaman and Shazam. It was clearly highly influential but keep in mind that the role of film president entails more than just creative input. He has to manage other people, manage egos and that is probably where Geoff failed. The management aspect.

500495544536530945.png
Since Geoff was demoted by Tsujihara and Emmerich, you trust their judgement?Especially when they are majority of the reason to blame for the situation regarding JL? Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.