• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
Eh, not sure I can agree with DC can go higher thing. The top grossing DC film hasnt even made half of the top grossing Marvel film.

But DC doesnt need to chase that. Just make good movies, the money will come, even if it ain't top grossing movie of all time money. And that's fine.

What Marvel accomplished is undeniable and will likely never be replicated, even by them themselves.
You're again probably right but man imagine if they had all the jokers together if Heath was alive somehow. Would've made gangbusters. But dc should just continue focusing on making good movies first then maybe later team up

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
You're again probably right but man imagine if they had all the jokers together if Heath was alive somehow. Would've made gangbusters. But dc should just continue focusing on making good movies first then maybe later team up
Yeah, like I'd love it to happen but being realistic I just cant see it.

I think they definitely will circle back around to a shared universe at some point though but they will play fast and loose and wont worry themselves over timelines or things making sense. More Fox Xmen than MCU. Which is fine by me since I'll take deadpool, logan and DOFP over any MCU film.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
1573876805848.jpg

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot who said it but someone said that DC could have a higher ceiling for earning than marvel.

I think stuff like joker and aquaman proved that, I mean people were raving that rocket raccoon and guardians made so much money but I think aquaman being a joke for years and being a massively successful movie is the most impressive thing.

if only league was better than it was and structured and built toward a bit more.
It was me.

WB owns all their stuff. Suicide Squad was a miss and still did $750 million. DC just needed good films. DC is a bit stronger in its top brands, Marvel's just done a great job pushing what it had.

The only thing that's changed since then is the Spider-Man deal and Disney buying Fox.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am VERY curious if they just keep chugging along full stop or if we see a decline now that the thanos arc is over. Wouldn't be surprised with either
I expect a bit of a downturn until they have their next movie featuring a good number of characters (whether that's another Avengers film, who knows), but once drop the main antagonist, I expect it to pick up steam again.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Eh, not sure I can agree with DC can go higher thing. The top grossing DC film hasnt even made half of the top grossing Marvel film.

But DC doesnt need to chase that. Just make good movies, the money will come, even if it ain't top grossing movie of all time money. And that's fine.

What Marvel accomplished is undeniable and will likely never be replicated, even by them themselves.

I think the point was that, it took Marvel a decade of interconnected films to get those numbers.

Joker, Aquaman pretty much did a billion cold. Like sure Aquaman appears in BvS and is in...Justice League, but the movie functions as its own with a passing reference. Joker is completely standalone.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I think the point was that, it took Marvel a decade of interconnected films to get those numbers.

Joker, Aquaman pretty much did a billion cold. Like sure Aquaman appears in BvS and is in...Justice League, but the movie functions as its own with a passing reference. Joker is completely standalone.
I mean, avengers 1 made 1.5 billion, that didnt take a decade and it's still quite a bit more than any DC film.

DC made what many consider the best CBM of all time in the dark knight and it didn't touch that.

Not trying to be negative or anything and sure it could happen I suppose I just don't personally see it, but I don't worry about that kind of stuff anyway.

For me, Shazam was a huge test for the DC brand, and while it was great, it didnt do much at the BO. It made less than I think all but the incredible hulk.

Wonder Woman 84 if it's great I could see clearing a billion. If the batman is great I could see doing a billion as well. And if they make a more universally loved superman film and manage to figure out all that and then get all them in 1 movie and that movie is great well, yeah, maybe DC can reach those heights.

Last edited:

Pein

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
if Joker had China it might've grossed more than Spider-Man and captain marvel.

thats why joker is so impressive, like yeah aquaman and venom were crazy but joker did it without the 2nd biggest territory.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
WB can't just go back to Leto after how well-received and financially successful Joaquin Phoenix's Joker was. Leto's run with Joker is over.

Pein

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
random thought, but jeez do I miss ledger.

I was watching clips of broke back mountain and dark knight What insane talent, I'm glad he got an Oscar. He was only 28 when he passed, like what talent.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
If Cloverfield, Let Me In, and Dawn/War of the Planet of the Apes doesn't make him accomplished then I don't know what will.

Nov 13, 2017
What did she say?

------------

Also, like I said, the snyder cut movement keeps getting bigger and more notable. Dont know how anyone can deny it.

Side note, I'm really excited for army of the dead. Need a release date.
Check her Twitter. She said that today, specifically, is a very important day for the fans to be as vocal as possible about the Snyder Cut. Zack Snyder and others that worked on the film have all been building momentum up for today too.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Why can't we just leave Zack Snyder behind us and never have to think about the combination of him and DC again?

Status
Not open for further replies.