• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017

They'll be holding a sale for the Survivors/Killer and their outfits as a last chance for those without it.

Stranger Things Character Sale: August 18th – November 17th (2PM ET)

• Nancy Wheeler – 50% Off
  • Steve Harrington – 50% Off
  • The Demogorgon – 50% Off

Stranger Things Outfits:

On Nov. 17, all collections and outfits related to Stranger Things will no longer be available for purchase in Dead by Daylight.

Players who have already purchased any of the Stranger Things outfits listed below own them and can continue equipping them after Nov. 17 when they are no longer for sale.

Players who wish to purchase any of these outfits between now and Nov. 17 can do so at full price, or within our sale window at half price, and also retain access to them after they are no longer available in store.

Stranger Things Outfit Sale: August 18th – September 8th (11am EDT)

Nancy Wheeler

• Business '85 – 50% Off
  • Justice Seeker – 50% Off
  • Snow Ball Dress – 50% Off
  • Days of Rose – 50% Off
  • Impulsive Activist– 50% Off
Steve Harrington

• Scoops Away – 50% Off
  • Last-Minute Babysitter – 50% Off
  • This-Is-Not-Happening – 50% Off
  • High School Hunk – 50% Off
  • Jonathan Byers – 50% Off
The Demogorgon

• Escaped Specimen – 50% Off
  • Twisted Demogorgon – 50% Off
  • Geo Mutation – 50% Off

Last edited:

Kahhhhyle

Jun 8, 2021
Whaaaaat that kinda stinks.

So what happens to the perks that these characters have? Can you not get them after they're delisted? Will they even appear in the Shrine of Secrets anymore?

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Whaaaaat that kinda stinks.

So what happens to the perks that these characters have? Can you not get them after they're delisted? Will they even appear in the Shrine of Secrets anymore?
You would get them as drops on the bloodweb. At least thats how Freddy worked on Switch before getting in.

Kahhhhyle

Jun 8, 2021
You would get them as drops on the bloodweb. At least thats how Freddy worked on Switch before getting in.
So they'll just be free then?

I'm talking about a person picking up the game in December. Are they the completely locked out of Steve/Nancy/Demo teachable perks since those characters are unavailable?

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
That blows. Hawkins is one of my fav maps in the game.

At least my Scoops Ahoy Steve will live forever! :P

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wild to see this happen. This was a relatively recent pickup for them and new cosmetics for them came out only a month or two ago. I figured if anything was going to get put in licensing hell it'd be an older DLC. Guessing Netflix either didn't want to play ball or wanted to up the price significantly.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
I wonder why they can't just re-skin and rebrand the map.
I imagine they are it's just going to take time and they have other things they were working on already. Same is probably going to happen to Demogorgon where there will be a functionally identical killer released one everything they're currently working on is done

Kahhhhyle

Jun 8, 2021
New perks without the licensed content will show up in the shrine

Oh perfect. That's zero change it you never planned to buy the DLC to begin with

I guess the only downside is if you ever decided you wanted their perks and would have bought the dlc to get them now you don't have that option... But from what I recall none of their perks were that great anyway lol

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, this is the kick in the rear (and the sale) I was waiting for to finally get Scoops Ahoy Steve and the Jonathan skin. Shame about Hawkins but I was so/so on the map anywho.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I dislike the indoor only maps with a passion, so not the biggest loss in the world.

It does make me worry a bit about the long-term viability of much of DbD's content when do much of it relies on licensing agreements like this.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I dislike the indoor only maps with a passion, so not the biggest loss in the world.

It does make me worry a bit about the long-term viability of much of DbD's content when do much of it relies on licensing agreements like this.
Yeah they announced a new licenced killer right after they announced they're losing one, I have to start wondering "Cool, but for how long?"