Oct 27, 2017

my82sch.jpg
CVg75x1.jpg

WELCOME TO HELL-A

Release Date: 21st April 2023
Developer: Deep Silver Dambuster Studios
Platforms: Xbox One/Series X/S - PS4/5 - Epic Games Store

Official Dead Island 2 Website

Dead Island 2 is a unique formula of horror, dark humor and over the top zombie-slaying, spanning an epic pulp adventure.

This thrilling First-Person, Action RPG takes players across a brand-new playground – a hellish vision of LA (or HELL-A, as we like to call it). Dead Island 2 is stylish, vibrant and flooded with zombie infection. Explore iconic, gore-drenched Los Angeles. Meet larger-than-life characters. Slay countless foes in exquisitely bloody detail. And evolve to become the ultimate Zombie Slayer!​

kfcyaTR.png

VBETZmy.jpg

(FROM LEFT TO RIGHT)

An antihero with rockstar flair, Jacob's offbeat charm is paired with a reckless disregard for self-preservation. When his beloved mum passed, this successful London stockbroker left everything behind to follow his dream of being a Hollywood stuntman. Now his quips and Shakespearean quotes fall on undead ears as he revels in being a slayer in HELL-A. Lovely!
There's much more to this exotic dancer than rippling pecs. Ryan has a stubborn streak a mile wide, pessimistic sarcasm as dry as the Sahara, and an indomitable heart. He's on a mission to get back to his little brother, left behind in Fresno before the outbreak, and nothing – alive or dead – is going to stop him getting home.
Carla is a motorcycle stunt rider unfazed by rings of fire, jumps over ravines, and mid-air flips, so the zompocalypse has barely made her break a sweat. Armed with street smarts, an outgoing disposition, and boundless physical confidence, she's embraced the challenges of slaying her way through HELL-A with enthusiasm.
Bruno is a calculating hustler who always has a plan, both for pulling off heists on big-time scammers and spammers before the zompocalypse and for taking down the undead now. Born and raised on the streets of LA, he's always hidden his lethal knife skills behind his disarming Californian charm. Those skills ensure that his targets won't talk about Bruno – no, no.
Hailing from the mosh pits of County Cork in Ireland, Dani is a headstrong rockabilly brawler with a foul mouth and a twisted sense of humor. She plows through zombies the way she plowed through opposing roller derby teams, pre-zompocalypse: with a grin and a yelled promise to feck you up!
Amy is a quick-witted Paralympian who has found something even better than her runner's high: zombie-slaying! The risks keep her wired, the success keeps her pumped, and every battle is almost a puzzle to solve on the fly – like an obstacle course to keep her mind sharp. Laid-back, focused, and calm, very little can dent her California chill.

g08WrDr.jpg
0B3D53K.jpg

TftVfqC.jpg

aVQc3Lu.jpg

Last edited:

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Actually pretty excited for this game. Looks like it's got a good sense of humor and some fun characters. Hopefully the gameplay loop is fun enough.

Vaern

Fallen Guardian
Jan 9, 2023
Sure the game will be fun but a bit of a pet peeve of mine is doing a Dead Island game and using L.A. as a setting.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I could have sworn there already were two games in this series. Never played it just what I assumed I guess. Weird

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Im so happy this game got great reviews for what I was looking for in the game

in for the gold edition at EGS, was cheaper than the cdkeys "deal"

this is the most anticipated game of the year for me

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
Does this game have the control scheme where you control the movement of blades with the analog stick? That's the main draw for me for the original Dead Island games...

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I could have sworn there already were two games in this series. Never played it just what I assumed I guess. Weird

And you'd be correct:
- Dead Island
- Dead Island: Riptide

Riptide felt very much more like a paid-for expansion than a real sequel though. Very little in the way of changes/upgrades to gameplay, no new characters etc. Just more areas and more zombies. Definitely felt like a cash-grab after the unexpected popularity of the first game, so very much a "Dead Island 1.5"

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Sure the game will be fun but a bit of a pet peeve of mine is doing a Dead Island game and using L.A. as a setting.

"Dead Island 2's story is set following an evacuation that saw Los Angeles citizens attempt to escape the city after the outbreak began. Once the evacuation was no longer feasible, the entire city was quarantined by the government, as it hoped to let the infection run out. No one can leave or enter the city, so it is, in a metaphorical sense, an island. With that logic, virtually any location could be an 'island', so if Dead Island gets another sequel, it could theoretically be set in any city in the world."

doops.

Jun 3, 2020

To be fair, L.A. culture and stereotypes themselves seem to be key to the humor and characters themselves in this one and I'd much rather have that than the generic fictional island setting of the first game.

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
The more I watch videos on this the more excited I get. The combat looks really incredible with a lot of strategy behind it. The Easy Allies review REALLY hyped me up even though I was already sold watching the GORE system previews.

I have a 10 year old preorder of the PS4 version for dirt cheap, but I might just grab it on PC since it sounds like it runs well.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I was in on this, then talked myself out of it, and now I'm back in. I think I currently need a game like this in my life. Something that isn't 100 hours long and just looks like silly fun.

Sep 28, 2022
Picked Amy but think she might be the worst based off of starting skills and stats so I went Jacob. I do wonder if Skill Cards would balance that out, though.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
No deal on CDkeys for US market has me sad. May hold off and wait for this one to go on sale, but also may splurge and just get it. Looking for some mindless fun after working through RE4 and Last of Us (PC). Decisions decisions...

Anistona

Jan 11, 2023
Taking flight to New Zealand later today, can't wait.

I feel like people's expectations will get the best of them with this one. If you go in expecting dumb fun then you will enjoy it for what it is. If your looking for the next revelation in gaming you will be very disappointed. Not every game needs to move the needle forward in game design, sometimes just fun can be enough.

Can totally understand why many are waiting for a price drop or subscription thought. Given the premium price in Canada if you can't afford it day one this makes for a perfect half price sale easy grab. Hope it has long legs for the studio so they can build on the success with a sequal.

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
Does the New Zealand thing work on PC somehow? Probably a brutal question, but curious if I should just wait for tomorrow to play since it unlocks midnight local timezone.