• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
It always surprised that Dead or Alive franchise not being as popular as Tekken and other fighting games. Very easy to pick up and play as well.

Mar 23, 2018
BAH GAWD they survived the leak-wave and still decided to show the game before E3

THE ABSOLUTE M A D M E N

Hyped to see more. I never played Dead or Alive, but I always heard they are the smoothest 3D fighters out there. That trailer looked awesome and I'm not a big fighter fan.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they try to trick everyone with this sort of shit before DoA5 as well? "I'm a fighter" and whatnot.

There's no way they're just gonna say no to the ridiculous amount of money they make with titty DLC. Shit, they'll probably sell jiggle physics packs in multiple tiers.

Can't fool me, DoA.

Yeah, although they went back to fanservice not because DLC but because "fans" complained about lack of titties. The DLC came later, when they learned how to milk those players.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! I always preferred 3D fighting games to 2D. With T7 out and SC6 and this on the way, we just need VF6.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Tiddy gang tiddy gang tiddy gang

I feel as if Tecmo going for an inclusive audience with more natural designs in DOA5, as beautiful/sexy characters can be portrayed without nonsensical jiggle proportions

But at the same time

Tiddy gang tiddy gang tiddy gang

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Now that's how you do a reveal trailer, cinematics + gameplay.

Also, is it the first fighting game that shows bruises while fighting? I somehow think that it's a new thing in the genre that should've been implemented since way back then.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I love how they gave Kasumi all the clothes. Surprised she's not wearing a sweater and a rain coat on top of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
Wow all the female characters where fully clothed.

talk about progress. Team Ninja loves their boob physics usually.

Also big shame microsoft didn't have this on their conference.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
This is best E3 ever already! Kasumi new costume is amazing, but I still wanna see how her classic looks in this game. Ayane reveal can't come soon enough too!

Btw, I never thought the team would get rid of the jiggly physics... bold, considering the community lol

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
You'll see waaay more complaints in english. Trust me.

i remember they also tried this route with doa 5 (the whole "i am a fighter marketing") but they threw their principles over board as soon as they saw how much they could make with skimpy clothing dlc

let's see what happens this time

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that's how you do a reveal trailer, cinematics + gameplay.

Also, is it the first fighting game that shows bruises while fighting? I somehow think that it's a new thing in the genre that should've been implemented since way back then.

Art of Fighting had bruising and clothes tearing way back.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For shame Namco, How do do you guys let Tecmo implement blood in their "non-weapon" series before doing it in Soul Calibur?

Damn they put their foot down on this one

They pulled this stunt in DOA5 as well with their "I'm a Fighter" motto when in the end it was just lip service with DOA5 diving deep into the misogynistic design well. I can't take these statements seriously when those characters are clearly designed to be ogled at in those DOAX games. Only thing that would make me take that stance seriously is if they changed the IP name because the "Dead or Alive" property is currently associated solely with male gaze T&A.

Oct 26, 2017
Damn they put their foot down on this one

Oh yeah?

Well, if they really want the competitive FGC to take notice of this game, then that counter system has to change. This will probably help some, given that DoA has had the reputation of being the "titty fighter with the volleyball spin-off", even though most other fighting games nowadays have DoA-esque levels of costumes for their ladies.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The whole "fighter before sexy" thing they already did with DOA5. Remember the "Im a fighter" campaign?

The sexy costumes and fat titties are coming down the road. Especially with the costume success they had with DOA5. Give it time.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate how some people believed that DOA was dead forever after the devs revealed that they wouldn't update DOA 5 and that there are no plans for the future.

Also, I hope that the Virtua Fighter cast returns for this game, you know damn well that this is the closest to a Virtua Fighter 6 that we will ever get

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where's ayane KT dammit. Yay ps4 xbox and pc

What.... No boobs jiggle??? There goes my hype....

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna sound hilarious

But I'm not really interested in this game without the fan service. There's enough other good fighters out there I pretty much only look at DoA as a fan service type game

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow! That doesn't look half as fan-service-y as I would have thought! Hopefully the mechanics are solid too. Haven't played anything DoA since 3.