Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I think playing the remake lessened my opinion of the game. It has stellar presentation, atmosphere, and sound design but it falls short on the gameplay. The encounter design is just really weak and repetitive. It doesn't hold a candle to RE4 and I don't know how I ever compared the two. Its attempts at being scary also just kinda made me laugh sometimes. Still a solid 8/10 though.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Loved this game. I never played the OG or DS2.

I played through it when I had Covid last February so it definitely reminds me of being sick though, lol.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Space 2 was one of the best games of that generation. Sad about DS3 though? Maybe a remake could fix some of its more glaring issues.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for that patch to fix the PC version that ERA assured me was coming.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I had a blast playing this over Halloween, big improvement over the original and I hope they get to remake Dead Space 2 as well.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Replayed again a month ago, it kicks ass.
Too bad it probably didn't sell well enough for them to do the same to Dead Space 2 :(

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great remake and I liked it more than RE4 (also great).

Both years starting out strong with games.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I only recently got the game in December and its pretty good. As a fan of the original I wasn't disappointed with the remake.

As for PC performance, its really not that bad, though I can't speak for how it was at release, which from the videos I saw looked a lot worse. Though I have a mid range PC so I play 1080p medium and maybe that helps, but apart from that stuttering was very minimal and didn't really hamper the experience.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Loved it. I originally tried the original on PS3 but didn't stick with it. Gave this remake a try and loved it. Looking forward to the sequel if it happens.

Gravelord

Jul 19, 2023
why only 1 patch for PC?...such a great remake but it gets points taken away because the developer abandoned it so quickly

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Got it last week. On chapter 4? They did a great job, but it's not grabbing me, unfortunately.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Played it in October for spooky month and loved it. Did three playthroughs and got all Achievements on Series X. Huge props to Motive for delivering a remake on this level. Super respectful of the original that both nails some moments 1:1 but adds new things that fit perfectly into the structure you'd swear they were always there.

That said, I honestly would rather see them take it in their own direction for a sequel instead of another remake. DS 2 is incredible and while Motive killed it here, I'd be more interested to see their spin on the franchise from here. Just imo tho.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't finished it. Should I give this a go in a Series S since the PC version works that badly?

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Such an amazing game, it's probably the only remake to date to come close to REmake as the best remake ever, such a good expansion on what was already great

MadJosh04

Nov 9, 2022
Easily the best horror game I've ever played. I didn't think RE4 would ever be dethroned, but here we are

Sulaco

Oct 27, 2017
The stutter on PC is overblown. It was very noticeable in the first 30 minutes (as there are a lot of cutscenes) but after that I barely noticed any further issues and I am quite sensitive to this.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Talkative Isaac is game changer to me, lol.

Really makes the difference when compared to mute protagonist in the vanilla.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
The stutter on PC is overblown. It was very noticeable in the first 30 minutes (as there are a lot of cutscenes) but after that I barely noticed any further issues and I am quite sensitive to this.

Same here and playing with controller also help..... but I still hope DS2 remake doesn't ahve this and they amp up the RT support.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Played it 10 years ago and then played it agin last year. I've nothing negative at all to say about the game. It's just terrific and somehow the only time ive ever found a thing set in space scary. Alien(s) for me was always just sci-fi to me and not horror. But Dead Space was proper frightening at times

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Feel the same. I even posted pretty much the same thing back at release on the OT. It was noticeable at the very beginning and then it was kinda gone.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
That's crazy to me. Motive clearly put a lot of work, love and passion in it. Not just visually, but the sound design is astounding, the controls are better, the weapons and kinesis are punched up, Isaac is now an actual character with agency, free Zero-G movement is a huge improvement, the interconnected level design is excellent, there are tons of smart additions like the AI director, the choices between no lights and no oxygen, the replacement for the turret scene, lore changes and additions, an extra ending, cool easter eggs, no more Marker dragging, the new skin peeling system, the list goes on and on.

I really wonder what you consider a proper remake because this has to be one of the best remakes ever.
How do you get the extra ending?

Also want to add that it's an amazing game and one of the best remakes I've played.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't love Dead Space 1 like a lot of folks do, but the remake was a big improvement in almost every way. Better weapon balance and 2's mechanics to make combat more interesting, level design changes and optional objectives to make it a bit more survival horror-y, and great atmospherics. Very solid game now.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing through it for the first time right now (chapter 10). I completed my share of horror games, but this one has me on edge at all times. It's unnerving. Great stuff.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Good game, never played the original so it was cool to finally experience it.

Hope they remake DS2

Dodger

May 30, 2020
Really enjoyed it. Enough to get all the achievements. Wouldnt mind if they did part 2 as well.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Finally played it a couple of weeks ago after getting it on sale a few months back to break in my new OLED monitor. I'm liking the changes they made so far and it looks amazing in HDR, but the constant crashes have been stymied my progress somewhat. After I get my OLED monitor back, I'm gonna finish it.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent remake. Improved the rough or outdated spots, but left the core vision intact. I didn't mind Isaac being made to speak either, they went that direction in the sequel and it didn't bother me at all in the new version of 1.

I feel the same, I played it over the summer and it wasn't a big deal, if there was no discourse about it i doubt i would have noticed it being out of the ordinary. It's nowhere near the level of other bad PC ports last year, like Jedi Survivor was fully fucked, even though I loved the game itself.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Great as an overall remake, but definitely had a "I don't know what I expected" moment as I got further and realized it was a straight up remake with few changes.

It's like Gus Van Sant's Psycho, but somehow even closer to the source material.

Thalanil

Fallen Guardian
Aug 24, 2023
I think the studio are all on Iron Man now (though it was announced very early, so who knows, maybe they have time to get Dead Space 2 out while Iron Man is in pre-prod)

Motive has two teams, the team that made Star Wars Squadrons is making Iron Man. I think the Dead Space Remake team is its own thing and may be already working on Dead Space 2 Remake(EA sent a questionnaire asking if people wanted a DS2 remake shortly after DS1 Remake release)

www.ign.com

EA Is Seemingly Asking People If They Want a Dead Space 2 or 3 Remake - IGN

Following the launch of the Dead Space remake and its positive reception, EA is seemingly asking select fans if they'd like to see a Dead Space 2 or 3 remake next.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
It's fine. The clarity in the art direction is really bad though. It looks great in screenshots but just difficult to tell what you are even looking at when playing it.