ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Moviegoing remains in a sling, evident in Universal's The Fall Guy currently coming in lower than expected with $28M this weekend. Perhaps Furiosa and Garfield can bring some zing over Memorial Day weekend at the end of the month. Both hit three-week tracking Thursday, with the Warner Bros/Village Roadshow Mad Max prequel eyeing a $40M-$50M domestic opening over the Friday-Monday span of May 24-27 with Sony/Alcon Entertainment's Garfield at $35M.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
pretty much in-line with Fury Road. I was hoping it might get a bump considering how well-regarded that one is but 45-50 would still be good.

I'm surprised Garfield is projected that low.

yeah seems to be outperforming in the markets where it already came out, could see it doing a good deal more than 30.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Man I can't believe I am not hyped for a new mad max movie. Fury road is just incredible. But I truly hate prequels and the trailers have been meh to me.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really just waiting to see reviews for Furiosa to determine if I should watch it in theaters or wait for the digital release.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The budget for Furiosa is absolutely insane and I can't really understand it

$230m

First Mad Max was $2m, then $10m, then $150m for Fury Road.

COVID played a big role in budgets ballooning over the past few years. Furiosa's production had to shut down for some time after George caught it

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Tracking revised to 40m for Furiosa and 30m for Garfield. BO overall quite down this year since there's no Little Mermaid or Top Gun to boost the numbers.

deadline.com

‘Furiosa’ Trucking To $80M-$85M Worldwide Start; ‘The Garfield Movie’ Consuming $30M+ U.S. – Memorial Day Box Office

There will be moviegoers at the Memorial Day weekend box office; the industry can be thankful for that. Just not as many as the previous two years when the entire 4-day frame exceeded $200M+. With Warner Bros/Village Roadshow’s prequel Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga and Alcon/Sony‘s The Garfield Movie...