DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

EXCLUSIVE: Kari Skogland has been set to direct the 6 part Disney+ mini-series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, withAvengers: Endgame's Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan starring. Sources said Captain America: Civil War's Daniel Bruhl and Emily Van Camp are also in talks to join. The miniseries will air August, 2020. I'd heard that Mackie's accepting the shield from Captain America at the end of Avengers: Endgame will figure into the miniseries, but the studio had no comment on where it goes.
Bruhl played Zemo in Captain America: Civil War, the mastermind who drove a wedge between Captain America and Iron Man that factored into the Avengers films, and the murderer of Black Panther's father. Malcolm Spellman (Empire) has been writing.
Skogland is the Emmy-nominated, BAFTA award-winning director, showrunner and CEO of Mad Rabbit, a Red Arrow Studios company, which launched in 2016. She has directed episodes of The Handmaid's Tale, the pilot block of AMC's NOS4A2 starring Zachary Quinto and the pilot block of Starz's The Rook. She also serves as a pilot block director and executive producer of Showtime's upcoming limited series The Loudest Voice airing in June and starring Russell Crowe as Roger Ailes and Naomi Watt as Gretchen Carlson.

Skogland also was exec producer and director of History Channel's Sons of Liberty, a 6-part event miniseries for which she won the Directors Guild of Canada (DCG) award for best director of a television miniseries. Her other credits include the premiere season of Condor (Audience), The Borgias and Penny Dreadful (Showtime), Boardwalk Empire (HBO), The Killing, The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead (AMC), Under the Dome (CBS), Vikings (History), Power (Starz), The Americans (FX), House of Cards and The Punisher (Netflix). Skogland also directed and produced the indie film Fifty Dead Men Walking, starring Sir Ben Kingsley and Jim Sturgess, which premiered at a gala at Toronto International Film Festival. Skogland wrote, directed and produced The Stone Angel starring Ellen Burstyn and Ellen Page.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
It'll be amazing if it's like a TV version of CA: TWS. I hope they don't cheap out on the budget.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Marvel's various television efforts have ranged from average to great, with no real stinkers in the bunch. (Though some got real close.)

This being directly under the Disney production umbrella is gonna be really interesting since it's the closest we will have gotten to proper MCU spin-offs yet.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Marvel's various television efforts have ranged from average to great, with no real stinkers in the bunch. (Though some got real close.)

This being directly under the Disney production umbrella is gonna be really interesting since it's the closest we will have gotten to proper MCU spin-offs yet.
This being limited to only 6 eps is also going to help significantly

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'm happy they are bringing Zemo back for this. Hopefully it turns out good.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, Zemo is in it? They're really going all-out on these shows being mini-movies.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zemo and Agent 13 being in this will be amazing, especially since Bucky is obviously going to have a lot to say to Zemo after what he did.

Can you imagine how incredible the show could be if it not only dealt with Sam trying to fill Steve's shoes and figure out where he fits in the world now, but also has to deal with an old enemy from what is now seven years ago?

Damn I'm excited.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wow, if they get Zemo & Agent 13 with Feige producing and a movie level budget?

Can't wait for this

IronFist??? Inhumans???

Marvel Studios have yet to make a TV show

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope these shows are better than the Netflix dogshit. The 6 episode seasons are giving me a good feeling.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Zemo's back? If he's out and running around, that sounds like something T'Challa and Ross would want to be involved with.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, if they get Zemo & Agent 13 with Feige producing and a movie level budget?

Can't wait for this

Marvel Studios have yet to make a TV show
Made by Marvel Television under Jeph Loeb.

My post is in response to his first line about marvel not having any TV stinkers. Not his second line. Like if I was making a general reference to Marvel's TV shows I would pick better ones than that to use as an example...

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like it's going to be a pretty significant project.

(I am down for Thunderbolts, Marvel.)

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

These are the real MCU spin-offs.

May 10, 2018
Hype. It probably won't happen but I would love some mockumentary type shit of Falcon and Bucky talking about the bs they put each other through. Glad to see Zemo back too.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Don't they mean Captain America and The White wolf?

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
"Miniseries" automatically makes me more interested, I'd love longer-form but still (somewhat) close-ended storytelling in this universe. And hell yeah to more Zemo.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The RUMOR of the plot is that it involves a government-sanctioned Cap (possibly John Walker) who goes insane when his brain breaks down after they attempt to replicate the serum on him and Falcon and Winter Soldier have to save the day, leading to Sam becoming Cap in the end.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Iron Fist S1 and Inhumans.

But other than that, you're right.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The RUMOR of the plot is that it involves a government-sanctioned Cap (possibly John Walker) who goes insane when his brain breaks down after they attempt to replicate the serum on him and Falcon and Winter Soldier have to save the day, leading to Sam becoming Cap in the end.

This makes sense-and US Agent was in the Nick Spencer series about Sam.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Sharon is in this, I wonder if they plan on addressing the whole Steve thing at the end of Endgame, lol.

Cutebrute

Nov 8, 2017
Arkansas
Since this seems to be such a large project touching so many parts of the universe, I wonder if old man Chris Evans will make a cameo appearance at some point.

The Maharaja

Oct 25, 2017
44833536_341625559933810_200888189597178170_n.jpg

We need John Cena as U.S Agent.