• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
sebastian-stan-e1550178246740.jpg

https://deadline.com/2019/02/sebast...-avengers-endgame-captain-america-1202557139/

Sebastian Stan will replace Chris Evans in The Devil All The Time, the Antonio Campos-directed drama. Evans has dropped out over a problem with scheduling.

The Devil All The Time is an adaptation of Donald Ray Pollock's 2011 mid-western gothic novel that Antonio and Paulo Campos co-scripted. In the forgotten backwoods of a place called Knockemstiff, Ohio, a storm of faith, violence and redemption brews. Out of desperation to save his dying wife, Willard Russell turns to prayer which succumbs to sacrifice. This sets our protagonist Arvin, Willard's son, on his path from bullied kid to a man who knows when to take action. He interacts with a nefarious cast of characters: a serial killer couple, a faith-testing preacher, and a corrupt local sheriff in a story that is told across two decades.

Sounds interesting. And Evans lining up a lot of work. Particularly Knives Out by Rian Johnson.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I'd offer a suggestion to clarify the topic, but I don't think it was meant to be clear in the first place.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I read that last night so I knew what to expect but I appreciate the swerve nonetheless

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
building up your clickbait resume for a career change to buzzfeed writer, phon? omg lol.

hadn't heard of this movie yet, but now I can remember it as "the one that lego-acquaintance used to troll."

maybe i should read the book.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Groan*

Go lay down OP, you know what you did.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
I can't even be mad. It's just damn impressive to capitalize on such a specific scenario.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent troll, my friend, you got me.

And to anyone upset, come on, this is an actually good joke. Just laugh.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to read the OP and all replies and my heart still hasn't resumed beating.

Well played, OP. Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.