• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am actually all for this. The quicker we get a good third film, the quicker we can stop talking about the embarrassing pile of shit that WW84 is.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I would have been big mad if I paid to see WW84 in theaters. As an HBO Max movie it wasn't a bad way to spend two-and-a-half hours.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IF:

A. Wonder Woman just has to have a love interest, and
B. Chris Pine doesnt come back...

...Wonder Woman is probably the only bisexual movie cape we are going to get, so they should explore that.
Writers have been pretending the women on Themyscira are monks for decades, mainstream flick won't gonna change that.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Greg Rucka or Gail Simone pls
I have the utmost respect for comic writers, but they do not make for great screenwriters

Somehow...
7-C8842-D6-A18-B-46-C4-97-DE-04-C9182-A32-C3.jpg

Steve Trevor returned!

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Honestly I'm kinda happy for this, considering how many times Snyder has 'failed up' at WB it really wouldn't be fair to throw a female director like Patty under the bus for one fuck up, especially considering how well the first one was done.

..though..like maybe get some co-writers in and read it all through a few times this time..

finally someone said it , that WW OT is full of some real bad takes ( I don't mean people that didn't like the film, which is a perfectly valid opinion to have )

Last edited:

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory accusations; prior bans for hostility
I see Wonder Woman is now getting the standard over the top hatred aimed at films of this type which happen to star a female. Standard interest stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Please go into the review thread and tell people that hate this movie that they just hate that a woman is the star.
in fact, the majority of the critique of the film - at least that goes beyond just saying "it's bad" (which it is), is more against the writing - specifically geoff johns not knowing how the fuck to write a story with women as characters.

in addition to blatant racism, and rape of course.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I see Wonder Woman is now getting the standard over the top hatred aimed at films of this type which happen to star a female. Standard interest stuff.

Lotta people hating this, probably the majority, who loved the first movie and there's even a lot of us who loved Birds of Prey. Aint it, dude.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop lately, but watched WW84 yesterday and found it pretty decent.
Really surprised to see many negative comments about it.
I feel like a ton of people dislike it because they haven't seen a Marvel/DC movie in a long while and forgot they're all like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Woman 2020 - Steve Trevor is a resurrected patient Zero. Who would you infect with COVID to be with the only love of your life?

Thwomp

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've been out of the loop lately, but watched WW84 yesterday and found it pretty decent.
I feel like a ton of people dislike it because they haven't seen a Marvel/DC movie in a long while and forgot they're all like that.

nah it was pretty awful.

im glad you enjoyed it though

lol

Oct 27, 2017
Get Allan Heinberg back.
after what happened to his script in the first movie i doubt he's come back without a huge paycheck.

I've seen this take a few times and honestly. it's bullshit. do you think people have the brain of a goldfish? that we just *forget* about movies? it's nonsense. I literally *just* watched Bird of Prey last night and it's *easily* better than WW84 in every conceivable way. the notion that comic book movies are just inherently bad is some silly elitist bullshit.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
What metrics would HBO Max show you? That people watched it?
I guess it's true though. People will go watch DC movies good or bad. So why make good ones.

They can see that they've watched it, how long, how many times, if they watched similar films (WW, JL), new subscriptions around the time of release, etc. probably plenty of data to analyze and predict the revenue floor for a third film and base the budget off that.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who else they'd give it to. If Zack Snyder can get multiple shots then Patty deserves the same courtesy. So far it's been one middling movie after WW.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
usually the second movie is the crescendo before the 3rd movie tanks the franchise, hopefully this is the reverse because ww84 is one of the worst DCEU movies, right near the bottom with suicide squad

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
There were a lot of good elements in WW84, with some great messages and what could have been more heart touching moments, but too many for one movie. If she can bring some more focus and character development to WW3 then it will be good.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Man its wild how a few days ago this news would have been hype to me but now my only reaction is 😬😬😬😬😬😬

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Some of the hate just seems so overwhelming. I don't love the film by the way but jumping on a person and calling them a part of some of defense force? Like most people online right now hate the movie and the second someone talks something not even positive but just counter to popular sentiment is swiftly struck down.

The people who hate it just feel so aggressive. I'm not saying you can dislike it. I dislike it more than I like it. But some of you feel out for blood.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched WW84 yet. You guys are making it sound Spider-Man 3 tier.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Do they not care about the second one's public reception
They would not be doing this if 84's launch wasn't a success. Well, as much as one can succeed in the pandemic.

I think this film was a major miss as well, but WB must have data that shows the negative reception may not be as widespread as Era/Twitter claim it is

Last edited: