• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
They building a 1000 bed hospital in a week to house all the ill people. God damn China is an impressive country sometimes.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
William Yang reporting that internet access in/around Wuhan may soon be cut off. Additionally, staff at hospitals are forbidden to discuss the latest developments with family, relatives, or friends, punishable by law.

WTF is going on???
Just China

Mar 29, 2018
They building a 1000 bed hospital in a week to house all the ill people. God damn China is an impressive country sometimes.

Impressive while also-
William Yang reporting that internet access in/around Wuhan may soon be cut off. Additionally, staff at hospitals are forbidden to discuss the latest developments with family, relatives, or friends, punishable by law.

WTF is going on???
Completely horrifying sometimes.

If anything is likely to cause big time civil unrest, it'll be totally mishandling an unprecedented human crisis.

Mar 29, 2018
So you have no idea who he is but "looks legit" is enough for you?
He name checks so many legit press organisations he's worked for in his bio, he wouldn't be able to do that if it were all made up. I'm sure 5 mins of googling will reveal he HAS worked for them and is a legit journalist. Or he'd be asked to remove them from his bio.

NB he's also "verified" by Twitter which means he has enough followers to have been checked out.

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Lol...aren't you in Yunnan? And I just went to my local Carrefour without a mask. I am already dead
undefined
I went to my Carrefour yesterday and it was a total mad house. Going to try Costco when they open back up this weekend. At least with either case I can always count on them having plenty of wine or beer in stock, unless god forbid they run out of baiju and people get desperate.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is clearly more severe that what the chinese government made it seem like at the beginning. I highly doubt with the amount of infected and precautions they're taking that this is still not passable from human to human. Doctors wouldn't be wearing masks if they were sure about that, it doesn't make sense.

And no, normal masks don't stop you from getting infected, their purpose is to stopping YOU from infecting others.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
The spread of the virus happened quite a bit before China even said anything.
I hope the virus doesn't "sleep" a lot of time until the victim shows symptoms.

up to 14 days :-|
so yeah it could be anywhere by now, the people reported to have the virus outside China didn't get stopped at the airport, so they have been in the public for some time before going to the doctor.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't it work both ways?
Nope, not the way most people wear them anyway. The aerosols produced by coughing are so tiny that they pretty much bypass the mask if they are coming from the outside and just go to the sides while you breathe in.

However, they can be physically stopped if they are forced through the mask by coughing if you are wearing them, preventing them from coming from you. Also most of this physical barrier is form inside the mask, the fluffy side.

The only thing that really works is the N95 respirators that form an actual seal around your nose and mouth.

The best protection is to simply stay home.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018
T
List of cities that have suspended public transportation and are locking down.
  • Wuhan (11 million people)
  • Huanggang (7M)
  • Jingzhou (5.7M)
  • Xianning (2.5M)
  • Huangshi (2.5M)
  • Xiantao (1.2M)
  • Daye (1M)
  • Yangxin County (1M)
  • Qianjiang (1M)
  • Chibi (500K)
  • Zhijiang (500K)
  • Enshi City (750k)
This could easily be a few hundred just between wuhan and enshi. Wouldn't be surprised if it were hundreds because none of these are the larger connected cities.

Enshi is closer to chongqing than wuhan for example.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
13 cities in Hubei Province are quarantined. (Around 25 million people),public transport have been shut down.
More than 6 major provinces/cities outside of Hubei (Guangdong,Beijing,Shanghai,Zhejiang,Henan and Jiangsu) announced type of Statewide/city Emergency, postponed and canceled all large-scales activities and celebration events including concert,movie theater,library and museum. Except for the supermarkets, shopping malls and walking streets have also shut off.

Mar 26, 2018
I went to my Carrefour yesterday and it was a total mad house. Going to try Costco when they open back up this weekend. At least with either case I can always count on them having plenty of wine or beer in stock, unless god forbid they run out of baiju and people get desperate.
I am in an outlying area of CQ and haven't been going out. Not sure on the local food situation

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Time to go shopping spree and buy everything in case of an apocalypse/The Division game

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Two suspected cases in Ivalo of all places. A 3000 people town in Northern Finland. Two tourists from Wuhan and travelling northern Norway and Lapland.

Uhm, damn. The next two weeks will be really interesting... stay healthy guys and wash your hands and everything correctly (and not for 5 seconds, but for at least 30 seconds with soap and better also use disinfect). Doesn't matter where you currently are.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Situation seems to be relatively contained, when looking at things on global scale. Meaning we are seeing only few cases outside China, and most of them being people who traveled from affected area. But it won't hurt to be extra-hygienic for the next few weeks, just in case.

vitacola

May 23, 2018
l.sn.de
Even before this whole mess I was already annoyed by people, who just cough you in the face while you walk the streets or when you sit next to each other in some form of public transport. Oh, and don't get me started about the idiots, who have to go to work coughing their lungs out. Because you being there will save the fucking world. Now I will be even more "excited", if something like this happens ...

Situation seems to be relatively contained, when looking at things on global scale. But it won't hurt to be extra-hygienic for the next few weeks, just in case.
If the statement posted in here was correct that people in some cases won't show any symptoms for 14 days, I won't be too sure about the containment in other countries. Especially because there are a lot of people from China travelling the world nowadays and a lot of business connections between China and other countries worldwide. But let's hope for the best.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That looks like any overcrowded hospital.

The cover ups are getting to be nuts though
China spent the crucial first days of the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak arresting people who posted about it online and threatening journalists

Central government authorities in China are asking people for information about any underreporting or concealment of the facts around the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak
"This includes cover-ups, attempts to play down the numbers or delayed and incomplete reporting of the outbreak. All information and leads will be investigated, and any issues will be dealt with according to laws and regulations."
😬😬😬

Status
Not open for further replies.