• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snu8s7I.png

g5n3FGE.png

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised, the trailer and the teaser left me cold and it was always going to be hard to recapture the surprise fun of the first.

Also, the guy who posted this news, which has been backed up by others, is receiving legal action from Fox despite never signing a NDA or being at the screening himself

Last edited:

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have these screening impresions ever actually lined up with the general audience on release though?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I really wondered if they could match the first film. It's not easy.

Trailers didn't really excite me as much as the first but that's always the case with sequels.

I'll watch and see.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Solo to benefit the most and maybe they needed Tim Miller more than they thought. More hype for Terminator?

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
It will be good, these screening impressions are always so far away from general audiences. Lack of story is an issue? That is funny because the first Deadpool had none at all.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm sure it will be fine, the humor in the trailer showed they haven't lost touch with what makes it work. At worse case scenario there will be a huge disconnect from RT critics and the general audience

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I think anyone who paid attention to the production of this movie would be prepared for a mediocre result.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
IMO, the only good parts of Deadpool 1 were the the introduction and the conclusion.
The origin story in the middle was garbo.

so seeing reactions for Deadpool 2 being poor doesn't surprise me.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't say I'm too surprised. The stupidness of the first movie just seems like something that would work best once.

Plus the introduction of new allies is just lame, should have just focused on Deadpool again.

Saying that, I never thought much of the first movie anyway. Was fun enough but nothing more.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been expecting Deadpool 2 to be a disaster since it came out that Ryan Reynolds was throwing his creative weight around.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Manabyte's talking about it in the BO thread. He says there was another screening in January that was received much better.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
What???? This is actually pretty surprising. Usually with CBMs it's very, very obvious which movies are going to be mediocre.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First one was a solid revenge action flick, but holy fuck, I literally did not laugh a single time in the theatre. I might have cracked a smile. Awful awful comedy.

If they're doubling down on the style of the first one, this does not surprise me one bit.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Peter Porker and Manabyte, old-school IGN users still kicking after all these years. But really, this is one guy.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost Marvel time anyway.

And early to say but if it goes very down, a recast would be pretty much well justified

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
yea im just gunna wait till I see it.

I think anyone who paid attention to the production of this movie would be prepared for a mediocre result.
elaborate. aside from the terrible accident I hadn't heard of much bad stuff happening. Maybe Miller leaving but that happened before production started.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this sounds like something easily fixable? The point of these screens is to test what works and it sounds like a lot of the issues are length and editing which can be fixed.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I wouldn't put too much trust into early reactions, I remember how some people claimed that BvS is "da best CBM eva".

Oct 25, 2017
I'll uh, wait to hear from working journalists before I jump to any conclusions. Jeremy Conrad has, historically, not been the most credible.

Makes for great promotion for him trying to build the Manabyte 'brand' tho.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whilst its unsettling they are still doing testing this close to release, hopefully they have a good idea what the final cut will be like now and manage to execute it well. We shall see.

Losing Tim Miller was a bad sign though. I don't have much confidence in Ryan Reynolds 'creative decisions'. He plays a pretty perfect DP but that doesn't mean he knows whats best for the movie/franchise.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I wouldn't put too much trust into early reactions, I remember how some people claimed that BvS is "da best CBM eva".

It was a test screening, and the second they've done in two months. Although one eight weeks out is very unusual, which means something isn't working right in the movie.

They did one at the end of January that seemed to test much better, this one was very divided and people really hated one all-CG character at one point.

Maybe if they find a middle ground between what worked in January and what didn't work last night it's salvageable.

I heard there's like 45 minutes of no plot, and the movie itself is about 30 min longer than the original. Maybe they just need to get it closer to that original runtime.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Do people really let some strangers opinion sway them when it comes to anticipating movies?

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope the film is good but I never expected it to be as good as the first one. People loved Deadpool because it was totally different to every other superhero movie out there. You really can't make sequels of films as unique as that because the gimmick runs the risk of wearing thin very fast.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'd see it myself and judge instead of listening to random twitter dude #3038101

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Oh well. I can't say I was getting a good vibe from this so far. There's still time to fix it, but firing Tim Miller was one big fucking MISTAKE. Guy is going to be huge, hopefully Marvel Studios or DC Films can get him after he blows up with T3.

Oct 25, 2017
But I can easily see this movie hitting very well with audiences and critics.

Most people like the first one because it was very true to the character and it was fun.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I expect it to be an average movie like the first.

The first movie is my favorite Fox X-Men movie that's not titled "Logan"

My only thing with the first one is I wish they didn't sit on their hands so long with it and made it before Amy Winehouse died, as that gag in the original script was awesome.

Originally, Wade had Amy Winehouse as his name on the bar's dead pool. The final post credits scene was her crossing the street and being hit by a bus and Deapool pops up and says "I bet you though it would be an overdose."

Status
Not open for further replies.