• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To quickly get you up to speed: Dragalia Lost is a mobile collaboration between Nintendo and the makers of Granblue Fantasy, Cygames. It's an action-rpg with gacha elements where one of its core mechanics is that you can turn into a dragon. Aside from having one of the most diverse casts in a Nintendo-published game, each with their own backstory and countless events that tie them together, it also puts a huge emphasis on the dragons. These are extremely powerful mythological beings that basically influence the turn of history and when you start the game, you're quickly introduced to five dragons corresponding to the main elements of the game (click for high resolution): Midgardsormr, Mercury, Brunhilda, Jupiter and Zodiarc.

As you play, you unlock more and more dragons, either through gacha or events. And with time, some of the designs have gotten really cool and inventive, taking inspiration from different cultures and so on. SOme of my recent favourites like Takemikazuchi and Shinobi stretch the definition of a dragon:

While others like Arctos or Unicorn don't really look like dragons at all:

And here is where my enjoyment of the game takes a huge hit. Some of the best dragons in the entire game, mainstrays in my team even, feel like they were only designed for titillation:

I obviously understand why they do this but... why. The game isn't perfect in depicting female warriors either and you get plenty of them showing more skin than you should on a battlefield. But the dragons too? This is especially noticeable because really the only male equivalent is Prometheus, maybe Apollo. Why do these dragons have dresses? Why do these dragons have miniskirts? Why do they have stockings? Why do they show cleavage? Why sideboob?

It's so so so dumb.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Because it's a GACHA game. And boobs sell.

To me it's the classical design that makes the male version whatever the designer wanted and the female version a human-like girl with almost no clothes and some horns/wings or something to justify being a "dragon".

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
when horny on main spills over into your JRPG design.

*shrug* sometimes a dragons lotta let loose?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I still wonder why they refuse to release this game in Europe, can't link account nor make purchase if you switch region.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's the same thing all the gacha games do. See: Puzzle and Dragons, Monster Strike....

Don't forget the dragons can also be kinda like humanoids, like Brunhilda becoming Mym.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's Japan and anime. The answer is right there. It's a gross cultural thing with women in games with Japanese developers.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Not sure what answer you're looking for that you don't already know.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's not just women, they do the same with male human dragons too

This is true:

600px-210103_01_portrait.png
600px-210052_01_portrait.png

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is pointless if you already know. They want people to keep playing to get the best "dragons".

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I mean,you know why, you said it. If you play a gatcha game like that, this is what you get. If you go to a hentai page you get hentai, etc.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
To suckle their young like all reptiles obvs

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Do I have to /s that or should I see how my mentions go

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
We're not going to act like their depiction of male humanoid dragons is anywhere close to what they do with the female ones.

We're simply not.
Where did I say it was? I don't play this game or care about it, I'm just saying that adding something like a dick bulge would raise the game's rating to the point that they couldn't market it to younger audiences anymore. CERO is extremely strict when it comes to depiction of genitals and more suggestive sexual content beyond cleavage and such.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I posted the exact same ones in my OP and already addressed them. You would have caught that if you didn't just come into this thread to shitpost.
Wtf is with the accusations? I literally just pointed out they do the same with the males. You can stop jumping down my throat about it with the needless hostility